• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PA - Stifling Dagger (Remake) [GUI/MUI]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
skill-0.gif

Stifling Dagger [Q]

Deals minor pure damage and slows movement speed by 50%. Deals half damage to heroes. Staggers target unit upon impact.

Level 1- 50 pure damage, Slow Lasts 1s.
Level 2 - 100 pure damage, Slow Lasts 2s.
Level 3 - 150 pure damage, Slow Lasts 3s.
Level 4 - 200 pure damage, Slow Lasts 4s.

Cooldown:8
Manacost: 30/25/20/15

Personal Notes: It was obvious that IceFrog used a much-needed dummy unit to achieve the stifling-dagger. It doesn't really look like a projectile at all; it looks more like a unit because it follows the terrain elevation. Another problem faced is that it doesn't impact the body of the target unit perfectly like a normal auto-generated projectile. While it is majorly aesthetic, it should lessen the load of the PC as the projectile flies, so theoretically the game goes faster.

One problem i faced, is that i have no idea of a projectile-based spell that has no stun involved, so unfortunately it does mini-stun for at least 0.03s. Though i like the idea of Ministun in the impact, the problem is that it could bring balance issues in the game-probably.

Anyways, Credits to IceFrog for the original concept from DOTA. But i did most of the work in this variant. If you wonder how i did the system or wanted to make your own, you can visit this page. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ojectile-based-triggered-spell-system-237992/

Update:

- Removed Cleanup in favor of changing dummy unit ownership to "Neutral Extra".

8/28/2013
Changed the damage detection.

Keywords:
dota, phantom, assassin, warden, dagger, slow, target unit, damage
Contents

Phantom Asassin - Stifling Dagger v2 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. PA - Stifling Dagger | Reviewed by Maker | 31st Aug 2013 NEEDS FIX Set the dummys death type to Can't raise, does not decay. Otherwise the dummy decays for 90 seconds...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

PA - Stifling Dagger | Reviewed by Maker | 31st Aug 2013
NEEDS FIX

126248-albums6177-picture66522.png

• Set the dummys death type to Can't raise, does not decay.
    Otherwise the dummy decays for 90 seconds.
    Set the dummys cast point to 0
  • Rework your IF/THEN/ELSE conditions, also
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • And - All (Conditions) are true
          • Conditions
            • Condition 1
            • Condition 2
      • Then - Actions
    is the same as
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (DamageEventTarget is A Hero) Equal to False
        • (DamageEventTarget is A ground unit) Equal to False
      • Then - Actions
      • Else - Actions
126248-albums6177-picture66523.png

• I recommend using a configuration trigger
[tr]

Level 5
The cleanup trigger is not needed, set the death type of the dummy to can't raise, does not decay instead.

But the problem is that it will constantly modify the score in the endgame scorescreen. As the dummy unit will count when it dies, but not removed from the game. Even if you zero it's point value, it will still count within the game.

See the problem?

Level 5
But the problem is that it will constantly modify the score in the endgame scorescreen. As the dummy unit will count when it dies, but not removed from the game. Even if you zero it's point value, it will still count within the game.

See the problem?

That's highly noticeable in DotA, a Pudge has 100000 created units as a score due to his Meat Hook.

Level 5
That's highly noticeable in DotA, a Pudge has 100000 created units as a score due to his Meat Hook.

Yeah, we should report that to IceFrog.

Do you have to create the dummy for the owner of unit, why not for neutral?

Wait what? shouldn't that the debuff account from the one who casted the spell, or the system is indiscriminate; it doesn't care as long as the unit gets the debuff?

Level 5
Get rid of the And condition at the Validation trigger, it is useless, you can only use it inside an Or condition.

The 1000000000.00 damage is going to be bad if the map uses a damage display system.

- That is the point; for the damage to be directed, then the counter should be above zero. However such allows to have a single direction for eliminating the index.

- Well, if it were up to me, i'll add Turn-off then Turn-on to the damage display system on that line.

As you can see, i did not make it for their maps, i made it solely as a spell. If they want to implement this in their map, they have to make the proper adjustments themselves. That is not my concern, after all as the makers of their map, it is their responsibility to ensure that the borrowed spell functions properly, when it was functioning properly.

Level 29
- That is the point; for the damage to be directed, then the counter should be above zero. However such allows to have a single direction for eliminating the index.

- Well, if it were up to me, i'll add Turn-off then Turn-on to the damage display system on that line.

As you can see, i did not make it for their maps, i made it solely as a spell. If they want to implement this in their map, they have to make the proper adjustments themselves. That is not my concern, after all as the makers of their map, it is their responsibility to ensure that the borrowed spell functions properly, when it was functioning properly.

the whole point of submitting a spell is to make it suitable for everyone. not everyone except ppl using systems.

u should change this as it would be better.

Level 5
the whole point of submitting a spell is to make it suitable for everyone. not everyone except ppl using systems.

u should change this as it would be better.
Then everybody should have submitted a template instead right?

The point of actually uploading something is to share it; and it goes with anything, models, maps, icons etc. T

The point of leaving a map unprotected so that others learn from it. This map is uploaded for the point of sharing, and it is unprotected so that others may learn from it. But making it suitable for everyone is of different story; what if they wanted a cheesy over-eye-candy spell? Then this gameplay focused ability would have been not suitable for them at all. Even if they branched out from it, then they would have worked a little bit harder to do so.

Again, i have no idea how other people chose to make their systems work. So i cannot take account what other people do and just make this spell automatically compatible. If they have some questions on how can they would make this work in their map from me, i would gladly answer.

I didn't took account the damage display system because simply i did not use it. Nor everyone has to make their own damage display system as a norm of their maps.

This spell is working for the standards of WC3, and that is that. If they chose to use this ability to their map, then simply it is their responsibility to ensure that it would work in their map, because it is their map. My spell's job is to simply work as demonstrated.

Now, if you demand to actually modify it so it would fit automatically without re-calibration on any maps at all, i'm sorry but that is not possible at all. Any spells imported will always need of re-calibration to ensure proper working order. I'm sorry.

I wonder how many players actually use the score screen to compare things... especially in DotA, where if the you don't have these spammer heroes, the most common factor in the score screen is the hero level... and most players just take a look at end-game items, kills,deaths,denies etc stats rather than the scorescreen

I hope you can post the triggs for people like us who normally check this site without or WE...

as for set-ups:

For spells the most basic configurables should be:

Damage
Special Effects

then other configurables follow depending on type of spell

example:

does it have an AOE? if yes, then AOE should be configurable too...

Last edited: