• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Alright, I've been working on a map for a little while now, along with a partner.
Anyways, We send the map to each other, back and forth to work on it. This weekend I had the map, did some crap on it, and sendt it back. But when he opened the map, he got the error "Out of memory".

I've searched "Out of memory" on the hive and checked through 6 pages of search, didnt find anything. Tried googling it, nothing. He doesnt get this error on ANY other map. Nor previous versions. And all I did since the last update on the map, was adding 2 custom models and doing some terrain (Both custom models is deleted now). No triggers have been added, just simple terrain.

The map file is just 400kb aswell.

His computer is a (crappy) mac, if it counts for anything.

Help! :vw_wtf:

Level 13
sounds odd. it depends how old of a mac it is.. it might just literally have no memory left for it, but doesnt seem likely..
sure u didnt do anything with it using MPQ editor?
Only time i can remember getting that error is with messing with a broken/protected map.

Level 6
Are those two custom models the only imported models?

No, there is one more, but I've tried deleting that aswell. But with no luck.

And his mac is not old, a year or so. The "Crap" thing is because I don't like mac computers, always a problem with them <.<

And no, I haven't done anything special about this map.

Level 6
In this map, do you get any UnitDamagePoint function?

No triggers as of yet.

I've deleted everything that is custom, still doesnt work.
The map size is quite big, 224x224 or so. With just 2-3 units in it + a shitloads of terrain.

Just asking, does any1 have a mac here? Could mail you the map to test if you would be so kind.

Level 6
Mmm. Then:
1-The map is protected?
2-If you can not open it, how are you sure there are not corrupted files inside it?
3-You get a corrupted MPQ?
4-Did you reinstalled w3 and the editor?

1: Map is not protected
2: corrupted files inside what? Every other earlier version of this map, which has nothing but less terrain, works just fine.
3: No idea what u mean with MPQ am afraid.
4: Nope, but am not sure if this is a editor fault. I think there is something in my map that a mac computer doesnt like. But can't say I know any1 else with a mac, so I can't really test it.

Edit:
Works fine on my computer.
Does not work on my friends mac.

But it did in the earlier versions of the map.

Level 12
Okay, well, based on what you're telling me, I think I have a solution:

Your friend needs to get Windows.

Level 6
Okay, well, based on what you're telling me, I think I have a solution:

Your friend needs to get Windows.

So true, told him a zillion times. God I hate mac

Edit: Instead of creating another thread, does any1 know how you change the editor limit of how steep a "raised ground" can be? I mean, if u use the raise tool, u have to raise all the ground around the center, if u want the center to be raised.
But I've seen maps with insanely steep cliffs, like the diablo 3 map.

Level 19
So true, told him a zillion times. God I hate mac

Edit: Instead of creating another thread, does any1 know how you change the editor limit of how steep a "raised ground" can be? I mean, if u use the raise tool, u have to raise all the ground around the center, if u want the center to be raised.
But I've seen maps with insanely steep cliffs, like the diablo 3 map.

replace/edit miscdata.txt
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/those-just-starting-terrain-32419/
http://war3.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34384
http://www.blizzcraft.net/index.php?topic=1188.0
http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=731048&postcount=2
google for 26400 more

Status
Not open for further replies.