• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

(ORPG) The Archeron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Palooo3 & Blood Raven presents

Archeron ORPG
Version 1.00C

Map Info:

The Archeron ORPG is teamplaying based map, contains Player vs Player locations,
dungeons & instances, Quests, stories,
challangive units and bosses around map.
You can choose one of 6 characters, each has different abilities and gameplay
technique. Teamwork is key to complete dungeons, or defeat an oponent team in Archeron arena.
It is up to you, if you
will just walk around and help people, harvest treasure of Archeron,
slay strongest enemies or you will be
champion of Archeron Aarena!

"Esoteric" the land of mystical creatures & its
mysterious geographies has long fascinated mankind to roam across different continents to
discover its greatness of natures' natural designs. Although this is a land of
wonders but monstrous & beastly creatures lies within this
great world. Evil lurks within the shadows of the cities as
the cult known as the The Iniquitous deceives the innocent eyes as recruits to
plan a war & take over the capital city named The Archeron after the
death of the first king, Serean Archeron who died in the hands of
the cult leader Espvron Warlock. You grew up in a peaceful village
named Forestwood at the age of 20 as the capital The Archeron had a
call to arms session you were chosen to be a soldier.

Features:

* Save/Load system
* Quests
* Unit respawn system
* Dungeons
* Dungeons have difficult select option
* PvP arena
* Attachment system
* 6 classes
* Triggered spells for heroes and units
* XP share system

Coming soon:

* Weather system
* Backpack
* Class upgrade
* Proffesions

Classes:

* Thief
* Shaman
* Warrior
* Hunter
* Priest
* Wizard

Item Qualities:

* Common
* World-boss, Elite, rare drops from XPing units
* Dungeon bosses, Mark of heroism purchase
* Rare dungeons bosses, Heroic, Hard-mode dungeon bosses, Crafted items

Screenshots and Videos:

Coming soon

Change Log:

Changelog::
* First public release

Since map was rejected, i have decided to make many improvements:
* Heroes now have tooltips
* All spells now have tooltips
* All items have drop descriptions
* Many minor bugg fixes
* Thief is now selectable
* Bounty from units is OFF, now there is triggered one
* Now you start with amout of gold
* Different Missile arts
* Sound sets for heroes changed
Balance fixes:
* You start with higher Damage
* You start with higher HP/Mana amout
* Enemies now deal less damage in shorter periodics
* Increased mana regen value from inteligence bonus
* Mana costs has been decercased
* Warrior "Battle Shout" has now decercased duration and increased cooldown
* Loads of other minor fixes

Since map was rejected, i have decided to make many improvements:
* Added gameinfo to F9 log
* Removed my testing units

Credits:

Special Thanks:

* Vengeackekael
* Kanadaj
* TriggerHappy
* Spinnaker
* Ultimate terrain map

Credits:
Coming soon

Author's notes:

This is still only Beta version, and i would be very happy
if you report me your suggestions, balancing improvment tips and
found buggs

Link to Map
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/archeron-orpg-1-00c-202425/?prev=status=p&u=Palooo3

Palooo3

Last edited:
Level 26
Suggestion for presenting a Rpg/oRpg/Adventure:

Create a slide show of subtitled pictures that show you travelling through the first steps of the game, demonstrating the gameplay, main line, hinting side features only where it is fitting, making your path up to the first boss to finalize in epicness and hooking the player how it continues. As an ending, you can still flash through various additional contents that enhance the scope.

Throwing random systems that one cannot know what they are and how they fit into the game does not help and were stated a thousand times before in other rpg threads. Although this is an epic-styled genre, you tell nothing of the world, why there are heroes, which/why there are enemies, what is the plot, only the standard gameplay mechanics are implied.

edit: My bad, not seen that the story presentation is under development.

Last edited:
Level 17
The terrain looks amazing. But I think you should expand a bit on your classes. Give them some of your own flare.

Level 31
So.. I know people will hit me for this, but I want to know this so that I know whether or not I'll want to play this map ^)^. What save/load system will you guys be using? I hate long codes, so I don't end up playing maps with codes bigger than they have to be since they end up irritating me ; p.

Otherwise the terrain looks pretty ok and the map appears to have a lot of features =). The rooms in second last screenshot should probably be reworked a bit and some of the stuff in the last screenshot should probably be reworked. Like, on the hill, what's up with the random dead person with a spear through them as well as all of the poles. That just doesn't seem to fit in with the scene at all. The random corpse doesn't seem to fit in either. It looks more like a bandit type hideout given the supplies (like bandits in an abandoned mine). Also, don't you think you might have gone just a little overboard with the crystal?

In screenshot 2, you have 3 styles of buildings. The stone and wood style seem ok, but the brick style seems out of place. Also, I think that you should emphasize wooden stadium seats for the gladiator arena, otherwise it'll seem off with the wooden theater. Ancient cultures used stone seats in its various major structures whereas later civilizations had wooden seats. The civilization you are portraying doesn't look ancient, and this fact is further accentuated by the wooden theater ; ).

The left side of your desert screenshot also looks very bare. In screenshot 3, the way you used arches makes the terrain look contrived rather than natural.

I'm a pretty harsh critic :\

Also, what is Mark of heroism?

So.. I know people will hit me for this, but I want to know this so that I know whether or not I'll want to play this map ^)^. What save/load system will you guys be using? I hate long codes, so I don't end up playing maps with codes bigger than they have to be since they end up irritating me ; p.

Otherwise the terrain looks pretty ok and the map appears to have a lot of features =). The rooms in second last screenshot should probably be reworked a bit and some of the stuff in the last screenshot should probably be reworked. Like, on the hill, what's up with the random dead person with a spear through them as well as all of the poles. That just doesn't seem to fit in with the scene at all. The random corpse doesn't seem to fit in either. It looks more like a bandit type hideout given the supplies (like bandits in an abandoned mine). Also, don't you think you might have gone just a little overboard with the crystal?

In screenshot 2, you have 3 styles of buildings. The stone and wood style seem ok, but the brick style seems out of place. Also, I think that you should emphasize wooden stadium seats for the gladiator arena, otherwise it'll seem off with the wooden theater. Ancient cultures used stone seats in its various major structures whereas later civilizations had wooden seats. The civilization you are portraying doesn't look ancient, and this fact is further accentuated by the wooden theater ; ).

The left side of your desert screenshot also looks very bare. In screenshot 3, the way you used arches makes the terrain look contrived rather than natural.

I'm a pretty harsh critic :\

Also, what is Mark of heroism?
huh... the desert isn't finished yet, the mines are full of kobolds that are mining the gold and the crystals and killing any human that want to pass.
In the city, there are only 2 types of buildings - stone and wooden. the wooden arena is the PvP arena, where you can challenge your teammate to a duel, and the biggest stone arena is dungeon,
about the castle, this is the second dungeon (the room full of bones) and is a castle of darkness and satan. And no units are placed anywhere and not everywhere the terrain is finished.
well, dont be so quick to give critique for the terrain...

Also, marks of heroism are emblems that are hardly relicived from the most hardest dungeons and challenegs in beta (they take the place of lumber) With them you can buy epic and unique armors and weapons.

Level 31
So concerning my first question

What save/load system? : P

How long will the code sizes be D:

Will it be like FF Epic RPG with massive codes? Or like 20 chars or what? : )

And yea, I know I was pretty critical of terrain etc ;p. What really just didn't seem to fit in the city was the roofs and the layout of theater and arena ;p.

also, what's up with that random dead tree in castle gate screenshot?

Level 10
Actually im triggerer so Blood Raven have to answer that question... Well i dont know how long codes will be :)
But if you are lazy to write code, dont even play map, cause it requies attention and brain for bossfights

EDIT:

Wooden arena is PVP arena
Stone arena is Instance with 4 bosses, one of them is random choosen from 12 bosses.

Level 31
But if you are lazy to write code, dont even play map, cause it requies attention and brain for bossfights

Playing is different from writing a long tedious code that could possibly be half of its size depending on the save/load system used ;P. I like intriguing/creative boss fights, monster fights, puzzles, mini games etc. If it's mindless grinding/farming, then that's a whole other issue ;p. 0 gameplay makes for a boring/tedious game =).

And if you only know GUI then I have a feeling that you'll be using Acehart's or CodeGen D:, and at that point we can be talking about 60 char codes instead of 30 char codes /sad face.

Anyways, good luck with your map I suppose

edit
Wooden arena is PVP arena

That wasn't the point. I was talking about how the city looked in relation to arena/stone arena ;p

Also, it doesn't make sense to have a wooden arena and a stone arena ; ). Typically, the base of an arena is stone ;p. I just assumed that it was a theater because it was wooden ^)^.

Maybe I'm just being too critical heh. It's a wc3 map after all, can't expect the same quality as like a top RPG or MMORPG :\.

Level 31
Fix your typos in last screenshot ; )

I also think for quests that you should have a bar in a multiboard at the top right of the screen that shows quest progress. It slows turns from red to green (red being 0% and green being 100%). On this multiboard, you could see bars for progress of all of your active quests.

Now on to the bandit camp terrain. It doesn't look all that bad ;o. I am sad that I don't have any super critical things to say about it : (.

Level 10
Fix your typos in last screenshot ; )

I also think for quests that you should have a bar in a multiboard at the top right of the screen that shows quest progress. It slows turns from red to green (red being 0% and green being 100%). On this multiboard, you could see bars for progress of all of your active quests.

Now on to the bandit camp terrain. It doesn't look all that bad ;o. I am sad that I don't have any super critical things to say about it : (.

Haha thank you, will fix the "typos"
Well i can make only basic quest since in our project is no real triggerer we only searching for some :(
Actually Vengneacekael and Spinnaker help us a bit but still :/

Level 26
So when the story coming that seams everything neatly together? And cannot believe Nestharus's advertising :crazz: Yeah, of course, the first thing when looking into a RPG is how long the save code will be, which makes up 0.25% of gametime/adds nothing to gameplay. Don't say to make it annoying uncomfortable but the choice of save system can be performed afterwards.

Last edited:
Level 2
Awesome work, I hope you will release beta map soon
22.gif

p/s : No matter how long the code is , use this dudes
foyourinfo.gif
http://theblackroad.net/gamecapture/

Level 10
Status
Not open for further replies.