• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(GUI) Multi user kill quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello
So today im searching for someone who can help us with multi user quest/s.
Each player have to pick quest, and special effects overhead of questgivers are specific for every player. It should be GUI so i can understand it and change something if needed. It mostly for my knowledge

At the moment im stucked on 2 types of quests:

1. Kill 1 unit (boss, elite or something, no metter), quest will mark as COMPLETED for every player who is on quest.

2. Kill X units. Lets say someone send you to kill 10 ghouls, everytime ghoul die, it will add 1 killcount to everyplayer on that quest so if 3 people kill 1 ghoul it will give +1 to everyone.

If you could upload me some demo map i would be really happy :)
+rep ofcourse to those who help us

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/orpg-archeron-201145/

Level 13
I order you to try this system, however it needs a little knowdlege of jass. Does multi player effects and kill tracking. For the one unit kill: Create a Special Objective: Kill %NAME%. Have a trigger that registers the bosd death event then pick every player and Custom script: call CompleteObjective( GetPlayerId( GetEnumPlayer( ) ) , QuestID , 1-6 ). Read readme and API thing :)

Level 10
I order you to try this system, however it needs a little knowdlege of jass. Does multi player effects and kill tracking. For the one unit kill: Create a Special Objective: Kill %NAME%. Have a trigger that registers the bosd death event then pick every player and Custom script: call CompleteObjective( GetPlayerId( GetEnumPlayer( ) ) , QuestID , 1-6 ). Read readme and API thing :)

yes your system is excellent, cant be better but i dont understand it at all :( well i might take a more deatailed look on it but i wont make it working i think :(

Level 10
If you need any help then just ask. ;) Ill gladly help you. But the thing you want in GUI is damn hard to do. Before I learnt JASS I was doing the same system in GUI triggers and it was soo crappy :p

thank you, well ive just learnt how to do kill X units quest, also delivery one. But problem is when 1 player take that quest, every player get it. Also save/load codes wont save quests, so quest is repeatable when map starts, that causes very bad situation when we cant make Class-only quests, or special awarded ones :( ... maybe if you have time sometime you could help us with dungeon quests, completeable only once per character :)

Level 13
Huh well joining in an other project? The thing is that I am already in a big project, also I want to start my project too and I want to update the quest system( addition conditions so much improvements ) and on the top I dont have any comps :sad: If you really want to have somewhat save/load code then I not recommend this due you could see it has 999 tracked quests and well if not all then a piece of their status must be saved. That may cause extreme long codes. In this system only one player gets the quest so no worries about that

Level 10
Huh well joining in an other project? The thing is that I am already in a big project, also I want to start my project too and I want to update the quest system( addition conditions so much improvements ) and on the top I dont have any comps :sad: If you really want to have somewhat save/load code then I not recommend this due you could see it has 999 tracked quests and well if not all then a piece of their status must be saved. That may cause extreme long codes. In this system only one player gets the quest so no worries about that

We allready thinked of decent way how to make quests not needed to be save. Each quest is repeatable but awards reward on only some lvl range (3-11 lvl) or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.