• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJass] Quest System Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello Members of the Hive!

I will give you much credit in my map. My map is a Orpg (Link below). And There are just a few things I need so that I can finish it up!

First up: A Easy Quest Addition System. I have made one in GUI using a GUI stack, but I think its time for it to move onto Jass or vJass! So for my first Request was if someone would please make a Jass version of it but keeping the same kind of layout.

The system should allow me to set a quest type:
Kill Quest - Kill a certain amount of units, complete each of the required amount for each unit type.

Item Quest - Collect a certain amount of Items " "

Travel Quest - Travel to a unit
Trigger Quest - Quest where a Region is involved, where you can set if its a unit death event/Item use/or Unit Enter event to trigger it and then set what type of response, A Friendly Unit Creation/Item/or Enemy Unit with each of those for what you chose for it to be: Friendly Unit -> leads to travel quest Item -> leads to item quest Enemy -> leads to kill quest.

Chain Quest - Using the quests above be able to create a Story. After one is finished it and you turn it in you get the next step by two options: Travel, or with the unit you turned it in at.
Pending on what type there is I need to be able to set:
Quest Unit
Quest Travel Unit (Travel Quest)
Gold Reward
Lumber Reward
Exp Reward
Quest Unit Amount - To set how many different units need to be killed for a Kill quest
Quest Kill string - the string to show when you kill the unit type above
Quest Kill complete stringe - The string that is shown when you have killed all the amount required for that unit.
Quest Kill Amount - The amount needed to complete for that Unit

The same is with items

Quest Travel Reqion (Trigger Quest)

Quest Travel Type - Explained above

Quest Event Type - Explained Above

Quest Intro String - String showed when accepting a questQuest Complete - String shown when finishing a quest

Quest Item Bool - If there are item rewards then set to true if not set false and the variable below won't matter
Quest Item Reward - a Unit. That you set in the object editor to be created once a quest is finished, and you get to select a item from a select few. The unit is invis so there must be a re select trigger.
Now for the quests, To accept a quest you buy the "Enquire Quest" unit from a unit with a ! above their head. Then a small transmission comes on and after a dialog comes up asking Accept or Decline. After accepted a ? goes on top of its head (for travel quests a ! goes over the targets head, and a ? still goes over the quest givers head)

Quest updates are shown like so:

Quest Update! (Green)
- [Quest Name] (DarkOrange)
- Quest Info / (Quest String)or(Quest Complete String) (White)
- Return to ____ (Gray and transparent slightly at first, but when the quest is complete changes to white)

Quests are based on your hero's level. So when a hero gets to a certain level if a quest is the right level, then the quest becomes available. A ! comes over its head and a message comes up:
- Quest unit has a Quest for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.