• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Optimised farm model

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Basically, the buildings in Reforged are awfully unoptimised. Changing one means changing at least 3.
To add insult to injury, the birth anim of the farm looks like shit. It's literally 4 frames for a model that you'll be building a lot.

So, since I was creating a kultiran farm anyway, I also used the fixed anims for the standard farm. You can replace the model in _retail_/Buildings/Human/Farm/Farm.mdx
Contents

Optimised farm model (Model)

Level 4
Not only that. Reforged animations (in general) were made without any great dedication. While in the aesthetic part of the models, from the proposed style to the greater detailing of the polygons, the art team dedicated itself to a more precious work. In terms of animations (which also helps to give realism), the models leave a lot to be desired. There are countless Stand-2 and Stand-3 created, which repeat the exact same frames as Stand-1, the animation team blatantly skimped on Reforged. lol

Level 4
I just noticed that peasants are building with axes. XD
I believe it would be another negligence in terms of innovation to animations (as we mentioned above). Since the classic versions the ax was used for literally everything... Lol
Perhaps at first they intended to make this adjustment to Peasant-Reforged, after all, they have unique polygonals for the hammer.
I assume the ax would be in use only for "Attack's" and these attack animations could have their strings linked with ax also for wood harvesting.
The "Stand Work 1", which could be linked only for constructions and repairs, using in this animation the "hammer" of worker traditional.

Hmm hey, notice this message now :D .
I will soon add my updated version to the peasant animation (will have him use the hammer when doing the working animations) if you want to feel more immersive :))
View attachment 399291
Awesome! Will this include a quick switch from axe to hammer, or will their held tool be automatically switched instead? :eek:2

hate to be that guy, but looks weirder that the pieces slowly levitate into position lol. what if the frame of the house was raised straight from the floor? and then the rest appears when its finished?
yeah, this was basically a proof-of-concept, I'd have to reanimate it properly