• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

omnilight only works one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have 2 omnilight triggers, one for day and one for night. They work the first day but they next days they stop working

day off.JPG

day on.JPG

Level 39
The first trigger is only ever run once... at map init... because that's the only event it has. Add a second event to it:
  • Omnilight Day Off
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
      • Game - The in-game time becomes equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8 do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Disable Omnilight Yellow for Player((Integer A))

Hey I happened to pass over this thread and be mildly interested -- is there any chance you could post information about what is in your ability editor for this Omnilight ability? I'm not certain that I totally understand the original goal.

If this ability is one that truly emits an omnilight around a particular unit, you might have another issue here based on the limit of the number of light emitters that can show in the game at a time. It was not clear to me if you were having a problem like that. I don't have that much information about your original problem (based on what is in your original post).

My first post on Hive in 2008 about 14 years ago was on this same topic, and as far as I know it was not ever really exactly solved. There are weird limitations to this game engine. So I was curious if you were having a problem like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.