• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre Soldiers

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
It's a shame that Blizzard doesn't want to add ogres as a playable race.

P.S. I'm still learning how to make models, so I haven't figured out how to make a jaw animation yet - I'll be glad if you help
Contents

Ogre Soldier - 2 (Model)

Ogre Soldier-1 (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
There are still issues and things to optimize. Please do that.
Level 14
Did you do those animations yourself? They are pretty solid and have some nice details like footwork or head movement.

Cool concept, like the variation but could definitely use a few more changes to make it more unique :)

So what's the story exactly with this? I've been thinking of uploading some of the things I've been doing but half of them are pretty minor edits to existing WC3 edits assets, so mainly skin swaps. But they might be useful as resources for people, especially if they don't know how to create their own assets.
For example, I'm making a log/stump building atm and at base it is mostly a mash of in-game assets with ~1/4 custom sculpting. I'm just finishing up its custom Birth animation. On the one hand it doesn't seem terribly creative, but then the reason I'm making it is because I couldn't find something suitable in the Resources section already.

I guess the gist of my thinking is if the upload is yet another paladin variation, then it would need to justify itself, but if you're providing something that isn't already covered then the standards might be lower.

But I'm not sure I fully understand The Hive's policy.

Last edited: