• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Odai Plains

How good is it?

• 5/5: Amazing.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 4/5: Good

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • 3/5: OK

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2/5: bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5: Horrid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This is just a screenshot from my rpg i'm working on right now, it's a wide open area about in the middle of the map called the Odai Plains. I was kind of messing around with lighting too.

It was NOT inspired by ~void~'s "dawn" terrain or Belgarath's "The Long Road Home"

1. The Original Terrain
2. Slightly Improved
3. Improved after reading Void's awesome lighting tutorial.

Attachments

• Odai_Plains.jpg
    Odai_Plains.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Odai_plains2.jpg
    Odai_plains2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Odai_plains3.jpg
    Odai_plains3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 15
K, i'll work on the lighting, like i said, this is my first try at lighting, i'm working on it right now, i'll post the update in a sec.

@Aeroblyctos: I just added the lighting in for the screenshots to make it look cooler. You can't even see the light from the Game Screen.

Level 34
Looks good. An rpg? Small or large? Your going to wind up with millions of doodads on a large one. :p

Level 5
Beautiful terrain, because it would look mediocre without the green bush (right), and the darker grass (left). If this wasn't for a project I'd suggest adding rocks on the path. Small rocks not like the giant ones in the grass.

Level 8
Beautiful terrain, because it would look mediocre without the green bush (right), and the darker grass (left). If this wasn't for a project I'd suggest adding rocks on the path. Small rocks not like the giant ones in the grass.
Small rocks usually looks like utter crap, I don't get why everyone like them so much.
And even know I doubt that's for an RPG I can confirm that unless you tilt them or scale them to 4.0 you'll see nothing.

Level 5
Small rocks usually looks like utter crap, I don't get why everyone like them so much.
And even know I doubt that's for an RPG I can confirm that unless you tilt them or scale them to 4.0 you'll see nothing.

Lower the rocks then. Maybe smaller rocks add a little more realism to the piece. 4.0 is too small, I agree. Min 0.10, and max 0.25. That'll add a little bit of jazzery to the scenery. Crappy terrain is that without variety. Think.

Status
Not open for further replies.