• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Newest Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I am hoping for some Constructive criticism here. Please don't be harsh with your comment's.
Some of these idea's were inspired by Keiji.
These Are my Newest Terrain's, For my Older Terrain's please click Here

1 - My Blue-Moon Ship Wreck [Inspired by Keiji's Silent Night]
2 - My Night Time In the Church [Inspired by Keiji's Silent Night]
3 - My Day Break [Inspired by Keiji]
4 - Just one of my Picture's from my new cinematic, The Last Samurai.
5 - My Mysterious Forest [Inspired by Keiji]
6 - My Blacksmiths workshop on a dull day xD. [Inspired by Keiji]
7 - Dusk.
8-10 - My Mid-Night forest ver.1,2 and 3.
11 - My Advanced Lighting Test ~Void~'s Advanced Lighting Tut
12-14 - My Test for the Piwlady's Lava Tut
15 - Cave [Random Terrain]
16 - Random Warzone
17-18 - Mysterious Crash (Inspired by a horror film i watched)
19 - Nuclear Blast, We warned them...

Attachments

• ShipWreck_BlueMoon.jpg
    ShipWreck_BlueMoon.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 357
  • SilentChurch.jpg
    SilentChurch.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 371
  • DayBreak.jpg
    DayBreak.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 369
  • Screenshot 02.jpg
    Screenshot 02.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Mysterious Forest.jpg
    Mysterious Forest.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 240
  • Blacksmiths Workshop.jpg
    Blacksmiths Workshop.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 229
  • dusk.jpg
    dusk.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 223
  • MidnightFrorest.jpg
    MidnightFrorest.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 161
  • MidnightFrorestVer2.jpg
    MidnightFrorestVer2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 150
  • MidnightFrorestVer3.jpg
    MidnightFrorestVer3.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Dawn.jpg
    Dawn.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 147
  • City Destroyed.jpg
    City Destroyed.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 187
  • City Destroyed2.jpg
    City Destroyed2.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 171
  • City Destroyed3.jpg
    City Destroyed3.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Cave.jpg
    Cave.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Warzone.jpg
    Warzone.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Mysterious Crash.jpg
    Mysterious Crash.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Mysterious CrashV2.jpg
    Mysterious CrashV2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 164
  • NuclearBlast.jpg
    NuclearBlast.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Level 4
WHY IN THE SAM'S HELL WOULD U DELETE AN ART PEICE LIKE THT???
anyways, all of them are from 8/10 to 10/10 except 18 and 19, wich u cant see at all

Level 18
WHY IN THE SAM'S HELL WOULD U DELETE AN ART PEICE LIKE THT???
anyways, all of them are from 8/10 to 10/10 except 18 and 19, wich u cant see at all

Thanks for the +rep :).

And 18 and 19 are ment to be like that, it's pitch black at night and there is a glowing fog around a old ruined ship, Haunted.
And 19 is in a Church at night, with no candles or anything. Pretty straight forward.

Level 18
i love the resident evil pics. very eeryie.

you did a nice job on most of them. A few could be better. especially the last 3. The glows are too apparent in the church. i liked the idea of those 3 however, just needs better execution.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and i know some could be better , i kinda rushed the church one, i don't know why but i did. So yeah.
Thanks.

Level 25
For showcasing screenshots of your terrain, I've found that the positioning of the camera and the values for the camera make a noticeable difference. In a good way if you did it well enough.

In your last upload, Screenshot 02.jpg, the camera shows all you wanted to show us, but unfortunately that camera position feels too much like WarCraft III. I'd recommend lowering the camera and make it aim down the road more. Also, my favorite camera setting for the Field of View value is 120.00 (or whatever the maximum is) because it makes your environment look much bigger and feels a lot more... professional, I guess, for a lack of a better word.

You also may want to be more careful when taking screenshots of your terrain. In the first screenshot of the flooded forest house, you can see the sky-box glitching a bit. To fix this, zooming in or out sometimes resolves the issue. Otherwise, try not to get the sky in the shot or cover it up with some showy doodads.

Your Resident Evil screenshots are pretty decent, but what makes it look good is the new imports. The models are really doing all the work for you, but even then, it's still not great. Some reasons why:
  • Overused some models such as the Junk and Barrels. If I remember correctly, there was A LOT of doodads in the pack you got those models from, so there isn't too much of an excuse on why you'd overuse some things. It just feels unnecessary for me.
  • Tiles & Hills. Some tiles feel like they're misplaced and don't mix and match with the others so well. For example, the gray asphalt-looking tile used in the grass in a couple of your Resident Evil screenshots, such as the third one. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be some old road or if I'm just confused, but if it is a road, there's still not much of an excuse the the amount of grass surrounding it and the lack of road tiles. Also, the hills in the road area are also poor. In fact, there seems to be more noticeable hills on the path area than in the forest. My advise is to work on the road and forest more by smoothing the road much more and make the forest look taller than the roads and more environmental. Oh and always remember to never let HILLS be pointy. Only mountains and cliffs have somewhat of an excuse for pointy hill use.
  • Fog. The Resident Evil fog seems too far away, whether it's raining or it's nighttime, the fog plays a major roll in making the atmosphere come even more to life. Since the fog is black in your terrain, I'm assuming that there is no mist or dense fog created from the downpour, so, what you're going to want to do is bring the fog in closer so the overall terrain looks darker and spookier. You should immediately understand what I mean once you give it a try. You did something similar to this in your Silent Church and Shipwreck Bluemoon screenshots, however you were letting the fog and lighting do a lot of the work for a different effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.