• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grave_Digger_'s Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here's all my terrains I've made so far.
My Terrains

1. Barrens Ambush (Night)
2. Barrens Ambush (Day)
3. Elven Forest [Mini-Contest]
4. Elven Spring (Inside)
5. Elven Spring (Outside)
6. Maiev Stuck
7. Forest Way (Day, Small)
8. Forest Way (Night, big)
9. Naishas Path Sundown
10. Grom and Thrall (Heavy fog)
11. Grom and Thrall (Light fog)
12. NightElf Fishing House (First Terrain)
13. Northrend Road
14. Rice Feild
15. Trolls and Kobolds (Melee Map)
16. Ship At Dawn
17. Tropic Sunset (Close)
18. Tropic Sunset (Far)
19. Trolls By The River
20. Shark (Angle 1)
21. Shark (Angle 2)
22. Shark (Angle 3)

Attachments

• BarrensAbmush-1.jpg
    BarrensAbmush-1.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 609
  • BarrensAbmushDay-1.jpg
    BarrensAbmushDay-1.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 619
  • Elven Forest-1.jpg
    Elven Forest-1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 522
  • ElvenSpring2-1.jpg
    ElvenSpring2-1.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 482
  • ElvenSpring-1.jpg
    ElvenSpring-1.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 488
  • FlyingPic-1.jpg
    FlyingPic-1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 522
  • Forest1-1.jpg
    Forest1-1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 451
  • Forest2-1.jpg
    Forest2-1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 416
  • HuntressAtSundown-1.jpg
    HuntressAtSundown-1.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 435
  • GromAndThrallHeavyFog-1.jpg
    GromAndThrallHeavyFog-1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 402
  • GromAndThrallLittlFog-1.jpg
    GromAndThrallLittlFog-1.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 420
  • NightElfHouse-1.jpg
    NightElfHouse-1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 429
  • Northrend Road-1.jpg
    Northrend Road-1.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 519
  • RiceFeild-1.jpg
    RiceFeild-1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 446
  • ShipAtDawn-1.jpg
    ShipAtDawn-1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 411
  • tropic Sundown1-1.jpg
    tropic Sundown1-1.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 394
  • tropic Sundown-1.jpg
    tropic Sundown-1.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 407
  • TrollsByTheRiver-1.jpg
    TrollsByTheRiver-1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 434
  • UnderWater2-1.jpg
    UnderWater2-1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 523
  • UnderWater3-1.jpg
    UnderWater3-1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 19,367
  • UnderWater-1.jpg
    UnderWater-1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,235
Last edited:
Level 34
Good terrains - Don't ever make flat terrain. And give a little more variation at the sides of the dirtroad.

Other terrains - It looks good at the left, but when you look at the right.. well, it doesn't fit in the picture.

Level 8
I do not know if you use cameras when deciding on images and angles or spots to take your pics from. If you do you can increase the height Z offset.

The one you have at ground level (the road) may work better if you increase the Z offset a bit.

Level 10
I do not know if you use cameras when deciding on images and angles or spots to take your pics from. If you do you can increase the height Z offset.

The one you have at ground level (the road) may work better if you increase the Z offset a bit.

The "way to the village" pictures, was when i didnt know how to get a pretty good angle of it =/ But im better on that now.

And what about all other pics,?

Level 18
Those are some neat terrains you've got there. T he one standing out for me was the underwater terrain. I immediately had to think of this area. It's an area in the Final Fantasy IX of which I'm making a Wc3 version of. If you're interested, I think I could use your help in terraining parts of the game. The kind of terrains varies widely.
Give me a PM if interested and good luck with all your terrains :thumbs_up:

Level 36
Your like an opposition to me pal. In under what, 2 weeks? You made like, 29 terrains, that might even be more than I have in total, at all. Really Grave, you should slow down, take more time on terrains, and really polish them as much as you can, listen to what people say to you, and learn and become better. Your just pumping them out like if you were trying to make some record or something stupid like that.

Also, another thing I dislike, you seem to rewrite the Warcraft lore in your terrains, DONT MESS WITH THE LORE! :p

Level 36
Yes, maybe it does. But it is no use practicing if you dont know what to practice on. Nevertheless, you are right, and I am not saying you dont know what to do Grave, if you would come to belive that. I only mean you should try using more time on your creations.
Thats all.

Level 18
okay.

ur terrains are like mine in a way. We both started out with the UTM, experimenting and shit. and they luk alright.

but then for me, i realized that i did noobish work with the UTM.

You can only get better. By looking at these forums, and learning neat tricks, you will definetly get better and better. But i like to include that terraining is a talent too. You have to have an eye for good camera angles, and unique perception of things.

I suggest you look at epic stuff, thats how i learned. ( hint : using sun flare will boost epicness :p )

ohh and you should fix your gallery. Attach your terrains as an attachment to your first post. Its annoying having those things there.

Level 10
okay.

ur terrains are like mine in a way. We both started out with the UTM, experimenting and shit. and they luk alright.

but then for me, i realized that i did noobish work with the UTM.

You can only get better. By looking at these forums, and learning neat tricks, you will definetly get better and better. But i like to include that terraining is a talent too. You have to have an eye for good camera angles, and unique perception of things.

I suggest you look at epic stuff, thats how i learned. ( hint : using sun flare will boost epicness :p )

ohh and you should fix your gallery. Attach your terrains as an attachment to your first post. Its annoying having those things there.

As I said in the first post. Coudlnt attach the files. At least it said so when i tried to. So i did like this.

Level 36
Your problem, Grave. Is that the files are already on the site. Make a new folder, call it whatever you wish, and save the pictures inside that folder, this way they will appear as different files and you can then upload the new files in the new folder, problem is you cant upload the same file on the same site two times, or at least, thats how it is here.

Level 10
Your problem, Grave. Is that the files are already on the site. Make a new folder, call it whatever you wish, and save the pictures inside that folder, this way they will appear as different files and you can then upload the new files in the new folder, problem is you cant upload the same file on the same site two times, or at least, thats how it is here.

Did what you said. It worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.