• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HT®'s very teh 1337 terrain + NEW SCREENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Oziris, first off, the 8th picture is done without any doodads as HT said, and it actually looks pretty good for that, it is not "noobish" by any means. Be more constructive with criticism please, saying something looks or is "noobish" has basically no meaning except that you didn't like it.

Where in the 14th picture would a waterfall go? Maybe one would look nice, but IMO you are just randomly coming up with a criticism (no offense).

Thx for support peoples. Oziris, I have added explanation below doodadless screen, that IT USED TO BE doodadless. And most of those screens were made loong time ago, and I have improved alot now.

Just_Spectating: I might try out that :p
Just for your sake Oziris, I made another doodadless terrain:
Heres LAVA!!!
Fireland3.jpg

Level 34
Well done again HT. +rep for this! I may dabble in this doodad-less terrain. I will probably just come to the conclusion that HT is a better terrainer, oh well.

Level 25
It gives that old hot sweaty feeling, but looks more like a desolic waste-land rather than a land of pure lava and fire. Though it looks a lot more detailed and looks kinda like it's dawn. Very good work. I'd rep you if it let me.
~Craka_J

Level 9
Very good Pictures indeed! You really got some great potential!
I like the Lava Terrain a lot actually, very creative and well made becourse of no use of doodas.

Only thing I can see atm is that some of the Terrains need to be smoothed out a bit more then it is atm. :wink:

Anyway, Very Good job :infl_thumbs_up:

/MadseN

Level 9
I usually come up with my ideas while I dream and then write them down before i forget them ( i use to have pen and paper beside my bed :wink: ).

Then i do a fast sketch on some piece of paper before i actually start the terraining it.

Then you have some kinda plan you can stick with.
This is how i've done all my terrainings. You should try it :wink:

/MadseN

Level 12
Whoa.Thats some pretty bad-ass terraining.

BTW im making a map and those trees would be ideal could you please send me the models?Id highly appreciate it.

Level 36
A terrainer can always improve, you will also change your terrain style. Since i started Mapping with the release of Wc3, i think with TFT seriously...
I learned alot and improved alot, first i used the normal wc3 cliffs then i switched to 90° cliffs.
Everybode was like uhh theyre ugly dont use them. But i learned to handle it and people started to like it.

You mapped the 6months straight and learned? Thats kinda fast, i know people which map like 1 yearh and still terrain noobish.

I've been only seriously mapping for 4ish months, I think a lot of it comes from tutorials. When I first started, I read every terrain tutorial I could find and some triggers too because that was what I was interested in.
But yeah, I understand what you mean by the style thing. My style is mainly big landscapes and views, and since I started I also learned how to make people like them :wthumbsup:

Anyways, good job HT!. I just think you need to lessen the doodad variation a little bit, or just put more grass, because it looks a little weird to have one of each doodad in the UTM on the map. Also, the maps are either too flat or too bumpy, they should be smoothed out a bit or made slightly uneven because it doesn't look natural.

I r bakc111 :D

Anyway, thx for comments, I have already improved as many of you have said, I think I will post some new things though :p

I have realized that I lack conceptual design and ability to create actual playable terrain. My new terrains won't go even close to what they have been before, but they will have nice design, smoothness, and doodad and tile variation. And also no imports :p Gonna read some terraining tutorials now.

Level 2
Wow.... Pretty...

Wow, this is very nicely done... it's simply beutiful... :eek:
This is one of the finest Terrains that anybody ive seen has done, it has that World of Warcraft feeling (Not the game, the actual "World" of Warcraft)
I would give you a Beer if I met you :wink: (If you aint a minor)
And you are correct, you are sooo much better than Elenai. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.