• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kenito's Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Kenito's Gallery
(/end shameless grandstanding)

Back on TheHelper's forums we had a neat little series known as The Terrain Thread. Imagine the delight on my fact when I discovered that the Hive Workshop had an entire subforum dedicated to the fine art of terraining. Anyway, I'm going to be gradually uploading my works up here, whether they're recent creations or somewhat older. A reminder, that I have been in love and been away from Warcraft III many times spanning several years, and that is the exact same thing my terrains do. You will see a natural progression over the years as my work gets better (or at least I think so). So don't be too harsh on my stuff from three years ago, okay? :p

The majority of my work is natural or predominantly natural, with emphasis on the actual terrain (since from a technical standpoint buildings aren't terrain anyway). I hope you enjoy.

Gallery #1: Forests of Ashenvale
Terrains Old As: June 2006

Given how Blizzard provided us with the idea of a Night Elf race whose buildings were already made out of nature itself, it was quite fun to play around with pre-existing doodads to make even more exotic homes and forests for these creatures.

Gallery #2: Human Settlements
Terrains Old As: May 2006

A great deal of these terrains are left over from an attempt at a linear multiplayer RPG (akin to Imagicka). Although everyone is sick of the village doodads, you can get some interesting results by mixing them with some human buildings.

Gallery #3: Allendestraun
Terrains Old As: August 2006

Another attempt at a linear RPG, wherein the players arrive on a mysterious island, called by the Troll Tribes to banish an ancient evil (haven't heard that one before have you). This was when I began to veer away from more Blizzard-esque environments. Tropical highlands, anyone?

Gallery #4: The First War
Terrains Old As: July 2009

My return to Warcraft III brings with it a renewed vigor for terraining. This gallery in particular focuses on the Kingdom of Azeroth during the original Warcraft. Inspiration comes from these locales as revisited in WoW (fun fact, I don't own the game so I just use wiki screenshots as reference), but with a darker tone that reflects the war itself).

Last edited:
Level 13
First of 2# Isn't right, it's a different picture.
Second of #3, you shouldn't do that elevator part.

The others are quite nice :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.