• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HT®'s very teh 1337 terrain + NEW SCREENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my "offical" terraining thread when i show my u83r 1337z terrains i made. Discriptions are displayed below every screen.

SOMERANDOMCITY2.jpg

1.nothing but strange yellow city...

TROPICCITY.jpg

2.ancient night elf city... since their move to those ruined islands...

SOMERANDOMCITY3.jpg

3.a neat city that shouldnt interact with wc3 at all

TROPICISLAND.jpg

4.screen of my newest project, low-doodad limit though

OLDNEFOREST.jpg

5.my first "GOOD" terrain ever :) non-cliffed, by following hernan's tut

NEFOREST.jpg

6.my newest terrain of same kind, alot improved

NAGASHRIPNENOIMPORTS.jpg

7.no-imports naga shrine... made for fortress contest but i didnt have time to submit it...

DREAMORESTCANYONLANDESCAPENODOODADS.jpg

8.doodadless terrain, usint only fog and ground textures... made of boredom

DREAMISLAND.jpg

9.mystic island...

COUNTRYSIDE.jpg

10.a neat little lumberjack...

5MINWORK-1.jpg

11.made in 5 minutes..

MYSTICRIVER.jpg

12.made in 10 minutes..

CREEPYCAVE.jpg

13.made in 15 minutes.... i wouldnt go there alone f you ask me :)

NELIGHTFOREST.jpg

14.made out of boredom. it is kind of nightelf forest, just looks lighter

PLAYABLEFOREST.jpg

15.MY TEH FIRST DA PLAYABLE TERRAIN!1111 plain forest, as you can see...

BARRENS3.jpg

16.alive barren wasteland :)

BARREN2.jpg

17.barren village

SCREEN1-1.jpg

18.elwynn forest 1 <- those screens were made in 15 minutes, as a modelpack test.

SCREEN2.jpg

19.elwynn forest 2

SCREEN3.jpg

20.elwynn forest 3

SCREEN4.jpg

21.elwynn forest 4

haxrpg-1.jpg

22.peacefull forest...

Fireland3.jpg

23.Where R DOODADS?! All burned out!

Fireland4.jpg

24.It is HOT and I MEAN IT!

Last edited:
Level 6
Doesnt look bad, some screens look weird but maybe iam not used to this style.

1. The Cliffs the green things on the water and the tree look weird.

2. Nothing to say, good looking

3. the same

4. The raised ground doesnt look good, maybe its the lack of textures but it looks boring and somehow weird.

5. Again the raised ground destroys the pic...

6. The doodads look weird here, remove this poison green grass and the rotten tree thing. Or adjust the angle for it.

7. UUUUUGLLLLY! The Water Plane doodad is totally wrong placed, and the Arcs are to big sized it just dont look good.

8. Hmm its not bad or good looking, i cant realy rate it.

9. No please dont use the noise tool, it ruins the nice picture. Ahh yeah use "V" when you make screens ;)
Pathing Blocker ftw :p

10. This one just looks boring, put some doodads in it some textures or units.

I will give this a 7/10 the pics are good but some small things disgust me...
Keep up the good work!

Level 6
A terrainer can always improve, you will also change your terrain style. Since i started Mapping with the release of Wc3, i think with TFT seriously...
I learned alot and improved alot, first i used the normal wc3 cliffs then i switched to 90° cliffs.
Everybode was like uhh theyre ugly dont use them. But i learned to handle it and people started to like it.

You mapped the 6months straight and learned? Thats kinda fast, i know people which map like 1 yearh and still terrain noobish.

2-P

2-P

Level 8
1: The "cliff" at the water needs some smoothing. That area looks also dull compared to the area around the tree.
The fences are offset, try to get them at the same height.

2:The torches are floating in the air, I guess they should be nearer to the wall.
Could use a little bit height variation.
Something is eating up the sky. :p

3: The lanterns are too large. And the stone fences don't really fit to all the wooden doodads.
IMO the roots of the tree shouldn't grow on the stone path.

4:The grass on the path doesn't look good. I think the tree in the foreground is floating, not sure though.

5: The hill in the foreground is too bumpy and the grass on top of the hill is hanging halfway in the air.

6: Again, remove the grass from the path. And the straight horizontal line in the background looks weird.

7: Not so good, but a nice camera angle. :)

8: Looks neat, but you can see beneath the water.

9: The rocks are too large, their texture looks really bad at that scale.

Level 6
It realy looks like 5min work ;)

Use more titles for the path, the trees are to near to each other.
Make more use of the smooth tool, the plants look like the trees...
And they seems to be in a row? Are they the new secret us hidden nature soldiers?^^

Level 32
I like that one too, they all really have a lot of potential.

Could you possibly set us up with some in-game screenies? WE screen shots are sometimes a bit... inaccurate. Maybe just add some units and your keyboard movement system, then capture some pics showcasing the terrains in actual use.

Level 10
Grr I typed up a nice response to this and then it logged me out for some reason. . .>angry face<

Okay here goes. . .

Very nice terrains here HappyTauren - you are steadily improving with your terrains.

NOTE: I may be repeating what other people have said, and if so I'm sorry, I didn't have the time to look at the responses. . .=P

1)
-The ground cuts off too sharply above the river. I think I know what you were trying for but the "line" stands out in stark contrast to the rest of the picture, especially with the ground from the bank to the house being completely flat.

2)
-If you hold down control and scroll using the mouse wheel you can get rid of that ugly skybox problem(doesn't always work though)

3)
-You can see that the terrain doesn't go very far on the right

4)
-Very nicely done - you conveyed the mood very well with such few doodads. I suggest, however, that you add something (perhaps a hill?) in the direct center of the background. . .it looks a bit empty and detracts from the rest of the picture

5)
-Nicely done, although the grass at the base of the tree on the right, is "floating" off of the mound its situated on.

6)
-I really like this terrain. . .very nicely done. The only thing that caught my eye was that the green grass is growing at a peculiarly odd angle. . .

7)
-The building on the left is really stretched, making for a bad texture on it
-There's a glitch of water in the middle to the right
-Crop off the bit of sky on the right when you crop your picture(or add something there)

8)
-Nicely done. . .although it's kinda weird that you can see under the water in parts. . .

9)
-The path is a bit too bumpy for my taste
-Remember to press "v" in the editor to go into game view settings and get rid of the purple boxes

10)
-As in the first picture the ground near the path needs to be smoothed
-The right side I can see where the map ends

11)
-You can see through the ground at the base
-You should add something at the back of the scene, behind the arch

12)
-Very nice. . .enough said

Well, sorry if that was a wee bit wordy. . .I really *loved* a lot of these pictures - they we're really good. . .

And don't worry that I told you a lot of things to correct - I can be a rather harsh/blunt grader

Excellent Job!

+REP!

-Deck

no, none of you is harsh for judging other people's work, expecially since i know that i am NOT perfect, and some screens were done in rush. as for sky, i reied to get farZ as much as i could, but it simply couildnt be done... and those purple boxes are sooo idiotic.. as for hrass that cuts off, those screens were supposed to have fences there... so it wouldnt look that way. most of them are wips, except for the 2nd one which was done 5months ago when i was still using cliffs!

Level 2
I love the river one with the giant tree. And the lumberjack one looks great too! The one with noise terrain doesn't look good. And the 15 minute one, the roof looks a bit weird, but hey, it's still great!

I wish I could terrain as good as you ...

Level 6
Hmm the last one doesnt look like a cave its more like a Goldmine Entrance or something. You could add some worker with work animation and some different looking stones.
The bats make the pick looks like there some pixels. Maybe you can change the color of them to red or something like that.
Blizzard wont use pathing blocker in a melee map so they will keep using these ugly cliffs, and i dont know any good mapper who still use the normal cliffs.

Heeey Nice nice man!
I got stunned, the "path with Palm trees and green nice bones" is excellent, it reminds me of a Cinematic map i was making, its lovely.

MUahahahaha u n00b i gat mor rep than u111
*kidding*
hehe, some of these terrains are done in soo small amount of time, and some in rush (look at one that doesnt have purple boxes removed XD). \and some of them are veeeery old. The one where u see cliffs is ...hmm..posted when i came here...

Level 36
There ya go. Now Hernan has almost as much rep as I do xD Lets see some more of your work on here soon :p that initial gallery you posted up when you first joined was phenominal, try and out do yourself xD

PS HappyTauren is now losing the rep contest as Hernan has 1 more then he does XD Didn't know my rep gives +6 per comment now... :p

Rui

Rui

Level 41
1. Very good.
2. I don't like the roads but I can't blame it, so very good too.
3. Good too.
4. Low texture variation, I don't like it's placement. The hill is well made, though.
5. Bit doodad-messy and confusing texture variation.
6. The road looks good, you could use something else other than Lumpy Grass on the right.
7. Wasn't the water imported? It looks kind of weird.
8. Doodad-less, simple, but still looking good! A good example of what you can do without doodads.
9. Nothing special comparing to other terrains, but good.
10. It is ok.
11. Too many shrubs and little texture variation, and that under-it on the road doesn't look good :<
12. Extremly made for the time it took!
13. Not my area of approvals =P, but it is ok, I guess.

Take some reputation =P

Status
Not open for further replies.