1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Indomitable1319's Terrain Gallery

Discussion in 'Terrain & Level Design' started by indomitable1319, Nov 20, 2010.

1. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Indomitable1319's Terrain Gallery
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome to Indomitable1319's Terrain Gallery. Here you can view different terrains by me, each with different themes. View, and enjoy!

Barrens
    One sunset; a Rock Golem was travelling to places he hadn't been before. He noticed it was twilight already; and something made him stop, and look at the Rocky Sunset.
    A Rocky Sunset; My first one.
    [​IMG]

Village
    Once upon a cold spring morning, the sun did not rise as early as it should have. This lack of heat caused the fog to cover the forest, to create a Misty Morning Fog.
    Misty Morning Fog; My second one. Created with UTM 3.0
    [​IMG]

An abandoned table in Quelthalas' national library shows that someone was reading up on something. What A Booked Evening.
    A Booked Evening; Heavy doodad work.
    [​IMG]

Medivh in his early days was but an apprentice. He was ordered to travel far and wide in search of powerful tomes and books. Once he had found what he had sought; it was going to be A Long Walk Home.
    A Long Walk Home; First time to use clouds.
    [​IMG]

The elders of our village used to tell us stories; of a crystal forest. The path was very treacherous; but once you get the the crystal forest; you will reap what you sow in treasures. We all feared the path; the Path to the Misty Crystal Forest.
    Path to the Misty Crystal Forest
    [​IMG]

A recent amount of missing persons reports have flooded the nearby town's police. Many people were missing, some suspected that they have been killed, and brought to the Necromancer's Lair.
    A Necromancer's Lair
    [​IMG]

A war cry was heard; and a taunting laugh was echoing from the other side. Blood spilled everywhere; the clashing of blades was heard. This was, A Hellish Battlefield.
    Supposedly only for this terrain gallery; but I also used it in TC#11.
    A Hellish Battlefield 1
    [​IMG]

A Hellish Battlefield 2
    [​IMG]

B2M's Model Pack
    A lumberjack who had worked for the whole day decided to rest and leave his hideout. Let's see what is in A Lumberjack's Hideout.
    A Lumberjack's Hideout; Created with B2M's Models
    [​IMG]

Icecrown Glacier
    The Lich King rests in his Frozen Throne for many years; when he is disturbed by a neighbourhing fortress' industrial work. He stands up from his throne, and begins The Lich King's Assault.
    The Lich King's Assault 1 (Fog)
    [​IMG]

The Lich King's Assault 1 (Without Fog)
    [​IMG]

The Lich King's Assault 2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. lexalex

lexalex

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it...But, you should consider, not using the Warcraft 3 Tree models, you should import barrens trees, and add them here and there, and add more doodads, vegetation to it, make it look realistic

Keep up

3. Black_meoonG

Black_meoonG

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's to much kind of tiles..
    The river tiles should be look different with other tile surround it..so people can see it as the river..
    and the river too flat with the road..try to lower it more
    and it still look to empty..put more doodads and shrub would be better :)

If u on the way to make an realistic moment..
    imagine a scene at a movie..some nature scene(in your case)
    imagine u've been there..on your movies..
    imagine u feel how the wind blows, the circumstances, and see everything surround you(like trees, rock, shrub and other nature things)
    then put them into your terrain

Try to put a strong feeling to your terrain so people can feel the moment of your terrain..

i see more often this legendary terrain to get my own inspirations and create more strong moment.. =)
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/legendary-terrains-65435/

4. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfect! Exactly the inspiration I need. Thanks Black_meoonG and lexalex; I just didn't want to use too many imports yet as that was my first one.

Update!: Another Screenshot added entitled 'Misty Morning Fog'.

5. GolemWarrior

GolemWarrior

Resources:
    Resources:
    The misty forest is awesome, but I think you should stick to one type of tree. The barren one is also cool too but you should add a sunshine effect on your region just to make it more realistic :D But this is still really nice.

6. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe not a load of tree types, but I'll limit it to about three types.

Sunshine?

7. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First screen: I don't like how you made the sun it looks bad also using the rock golem as a unit in your terrain makes the quality look terrible. And i also noticed the bubbles in the terrain for what reason are they there? The tile variation isn't so bad but thats kinda the only thing i like.

Second screen: Good use of trees but i can see that the mountain on the left is a bit to much pointy perhaps make it a bit more smooth. It seems like that waterfall ends in nothing i dont see a river or somthing i only see fog. You also might wana add som critters like stags or somthing. Besides this i like the terrain.

8. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    First Screen: I couldn't scale it to my liking; the sun was made differently. How; I don't know. The bubbles? Don't you see the water?

Second Screen: Ah, forgot to run the smooth tool on. The waterfall ends into a REALLY SHALLOW river. The fog concealed it. Aww. :(

9. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok well somone it felt to me the bubbles dint fit in but thats just my opinion :p and the river you might wana show that a bit more :p keep it going :)

10. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They look alot better than my first terrains ^-^

Some things I noticed:

Barrens
    - Don't use the default barrens rock models (use the ones in the stone pack from Wc3c.net
    - Those trees look bad to begin with and the angle you have makes them look even worse, use some of the barrens trees from the UTM (found at wc3c.net as well)
    - The water doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere and the angle doesn't work well b/c you can easily see that it's just a 2d plane
    - You'r too close to the rock guy so the textures look stretched and you can see the imperfections in the model
    - The orientation of the photo doesn't work b/c the rock guy blocks most of the picture
    - You need alot more detail, use some of the barrens plants or animated grass doodads from the UTM
    - The sun looks alright as is but you may want to look at a sun tutorial (I think Void wrote on) on how to make it look like it's going over the terrain

Forest
    - The waterfall is alright, but 3 things:
    - There is a little bit of dry ground between the base of the waterfall and the water
    - You need to tint the waterfall doodad or the water to match the other, right now
    you have this very bright water on one end and very dark water on the other
    - scale down the waterfall or make the pond into some sort of river, b/c right now
    you have a gigantic monstrous waterfall going into a tiny quiet pond
    - I like what you've done with the foliage, but the stuff in the foreground looks odd (I think it's a little too evenly spaced). Add some more of each plant to the foreground and make them rub up agaisn't rocks or trees
    - Use rocks from the stones pack mentioned above
    - The trees in the background looks weird b/c you'r viewing it from the base up. Make the background lower than the foreground.

Just some suggestions, I'm not always right. Hope you keep terraining ^-^

11. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfect! Exactly what I needed; your post was awesome. (Not sarcasm; I'm thanking you for the constructive feedback)

The first screenshot was made without the UTM. There is a small river there; the water is just part of it. I also forgot to place some grass; it was a noobish mistake.

Dry ground; whoops... Tinting the waster was something I didn't notice. A gigantic monstrous waterfall into a tiny, quiet pond. Lol :D. Ah; thanks for the foreground/background thing.

+Rep for the feedback! Thanks!

12. GIANT_CRAB

GIANT_CRAB

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The first one, the rocky sun set, was not really rocky...

The second one, I don't think its misty enough, and the lighting is a little too bright, make it dimmer.

13. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    First one is a pun... There's a rock golem.

Second one - If I add more mist; all you'll see is white.

14. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I am really excited of how your next terrain will look like.
    I am curious how you will use the techniques I told you off.
    I subscribe to this thread to see your next terrains and hopefully to help you developing them!

15. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hope I use it as you instructed. :p

16. FibSaSk

FibSaSk

Resources:
    Resources:
    The golem in the 1st pic covers too much view, the bubbles/fish don`t fit there. It`s also empty in my opinion. Also lacks of fog

The second one is way better. I didn`t find anything bad, only that the trees in the fog look shiny and it doesn`t look good compared to the dark sky.

Anyways, good job and I would like to encourage you to continue :)

17. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is a slight orange fog there. I forgot to add in vegetation; sorry.

Look shiny? How?

Thanks.

18. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The waterfall is too odd, it doesn't spring from anything and it appears it's leaving no trace whatsoever.
    Is the ground incredibly water absorbing? :cool:

19. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well.. I personally dont even want to comment the golem pic, so i'll just skip to the Misty Morning..
    So... There are some lackings in the terrain. As for first to make the waterfall look realistic i think you should add fog at the end of the waterfall (and if there will be rocks stricking out of the waterfall, there might not be those in a small waterfall like this though) at the point where the water falls to the.. "river" ..
    The river does not look much like a river, i just think that water there wouldnt be so clean, or atleast it could be seen more easily (which simply means a bit darker water), and usually in waterfalls that are part of a river they have small rocks and stones at the bottom of the river and bigger rocks stricking out from the river.

20. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah; I see now. I made the water too shallow; sorry for that.