• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Indomitable1319's Terrain Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Indomitable1319's Terrain Gallery
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome to Indomitable1319's Terrain Gallery. Here you can view different terrains by me, each with different themes. View, and enjoy!

Barrens

One sunset; a Rock Golem was travelling to places he hadn't been before. He noticed it was twilight already; and something made him stop, and look at the Rocky Sunset.
186044-albums4061-picture38126.png

Village

Once upon a cold spring morning, the sun did not rise as early as it should have. This lack of heat caused the fog to cover the forest, to create a Misty Morning Fog.
186044-albums4061-picture38137.png

An abandoned table in Quelthalas' national library shows that someone was reading up on something. What A Booked Evening.
186044-albums4061-picture38292.png

Medivh in his early days was but an apprentice. He was ordered to travel far and wide in search of powerful tomes and books. Once he had found what he had sought; it was going to be A Long Walk Home.
186044-albums4061-picture38967.png

The elders of our village used to tell us stories; of a crystal forest. The path was very treacherous; but once you get the the crystal forest; you will reap what you sow in treasures. We all feared the path; the Path to the Misty Crystal Forest.
186044-albums4061-picture39409.png

A recent amount of missing persons reports have flooded the nearby town's police. Many people were missing, some suspected that they have been killed, and brought to the Necromancer's Lair.
186044-albums4061-picture39408.png

A war cry was heard; and a taunting laugh was echoing from the other side. Blood spilled everywhere; the clashing of blades was heard. This was, A Hellish Battlefield.
Supposedly only for this terrain gallery; but I also used it in TC#11.
186044-albums4061-picture40015.png

186044-albums4061-picture40016.png

B2M's Model Pack

A lumberjack who had worked for the whole day decided to rest and leave his hideout. Let's see what is in A Lumberjack's Hideout.
186044-albums4061-picture39420.png

Icecrown Glacier

The Lich King rests in his Frozen Throne for many years; when he is disturbed by a neighbourhing fortress' industrial work. He stands up from his throne, and begins The Lich King's Assault.
186044-albums4061-picture39528.png

186044-albums4061-picture39527.png

186044-albums4061-picture40014.png

Last edited:
Level 6
I like it...But, you should consider, not using the Warcraft 3 Tree models, you should import barrens trees, and add them here and there, and add more doodads, vegetation to it, make it look realistic

Keep up

Level 3
There's to much kind of tiles..
The river tiles should be look different with other tile surround it..so people can see it as the river..
and the river too flat with the road..try to lower it more
and it still look to empty..put more doodads and shrub would be better :)

If u on the way to make an realistic moment..
imagine a scene at a movie..some nature scene(in your case)
imagine u've been there..on your movies..
imagine u feel how the wind blows, the circumstances, and see everything surround you(like trees, rock, shrub and other nature things)
then put them into your terrain

Try to put a strong feeling to your terrain so people can feel the moment of your terrain..

i see more often this legendary terrain to get my own inspirations and create more strong moment.. =)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/legendary-terrains-65435/

Level 4
The misty forest is awesome, but I think you should stick to one type of tree. The barren one is also cool too but you should add a sunshine effect on your region just to make it more realistic :D But this is still really nice.

Level 18
First screen: I don't like how you made the sun it looks bad also using the rock golem as a unit in your terrain makes the quality look terrible. And i also noticed the bubbles in the terrain for what reason are they there? The tile variation isn't so bad but thats kinda the only thing i like.

Second screen: Good use of trees but i can see that the mountain on the left is a bit to much pointy perhaps make it a bit more smooth. It seems like that waterfall ends in nothing i dont see a river or somthing i only see fog. You also might wana add som critters like stags or somthing. Besides this i like the terrain.

Level 15
They look alot better than my first terrains ^-^

Some things I noticed:

Barrens
- Don't use the default barrens rock models (use the ones in the stone pack from Wc3c.net
- Those trees look bad to begin with and the angle you have makes them look even worse, use some of the barrens trees from the UTM (found at wc3c.net as well)
- The water doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere and the angle doesn't work well b/c you can easily see that it's just a 2d plane
- You'r too close to the rock guy so the textures look stretched and you can see the imperfections in the model
- The orientation of the photo doesn't work b/c the rock guy blocks most of the picture
- You need alot more detail, use some of the barrens plants or animated grass doodads from the UTM
- The sun looks alright as is but you may want to look at a sun tutorial (I think Void wrote on) on how to make it look like it's going over the terrain

Forest
- The waterfall is alright, but 3 things:
- There is a little bit of dry ground between the base of the waterfall and the water
- You need to tint the waterfall doodad or the water to match the other, right now
you have this very bright water on one end and very dark water on the other
- scale down the waterfall or make the pond into some sort of river, b/c right now
you have a gigantic monstrous waterfall going into a tiny quiet pond
- I like what you've done with the foliage, but the stuff in the foreground looks odd (I think it's a little too evenly spaced). Add some more of each plant to the foreground and make them rub up agaisn't rocks or trees
- Use rocks from the stones pack mentioned above
- The trees in the background looks weird b/c you'r viewing it from the base up. Make the background lower than the foreground.

Just some suggestions, I'm not always right. Hope you keep terraining ^-^

Perfect! Exactly what I needed; your post was awesome. (Not sarcasm; I'm thanking you for the constructive feedback)

The first screenshot was made without the UTM. There is a small river there; the water is just part of it. I also forgot to place some grass; it was a noobish mistake.

Dry ground; whoops... Tinting the waster was something I didn't notice. A gigantic monstrous waterfall into a tiny, quiet pond. Lol :D. Ah; thanks for the foreground/background thing.

+Rep for the feedback! Thanks!

Level 5
The golem in the 1st pic covers too much view, the bubbles/fish don`t fit there. It`s also empty in my opinion. Also lacks of fog

The second one is way better. I didn`t find anything bad, only that the trees in the fog look shiny and it doesn`t look good compared to the dark sky.

Anyways, good job and I would like to encourage you to continue :)

Level 18
Well.. I personally dont even want to comment the golem pic, so i'll just skip to the Misty Morning..
So... There are some lackings in the terrain. As for first to make the waterfall look realistic i think you should add fog at the end of the waterfall (and if there will be rocks stricking out of the waterfall, there might not be those in a small waterfall like this though) at the point where the water falls to the.. "river" ..
The river does not look much like a river, i just think that water there wouldnt be so clean, or atleast it could be seen more easily (which simply means a bit darker water), and usually in waterfalls that are part of a river they have small rocks and stones at the bottom of the river and bigger rocks stricking out from the river.

Level 11
1st pic:is it me or does the sun do not fit with the weather colour,you should really use fog to change the weather color and using the same tree is weird try using the UTM tree or use different variations

2nd:your waterfall looks weird,you should spam some bubble steam there

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
First pic was done without imports (except the sun). I wanted to try one without imports first
The thing about terraining with No Imports is that incredible creativity is necessary. Flip, rotate, re-shape and customize doodads as much as you can.
A perfect example would be Aziex's work.
Here's the link to one of his screens without any imports. There's also a map available for download, so you can be inspired by some of his ideas.
Evil Dead Demon

Attachments

• TheDemon.jpg
    TheDemon.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 259
Level 11
indomitable1319 said:
Second pic; there is already mist; and bubbles there.

i see i see.i am sure i said
me said:
you should spam some bubble steam there

if you want a example i MEANT IT LIKE THIS,since waterfalls are very fast,it create a spammed bubble steam !
attachment.php

and for the first pic, i am sure i said
me said:
try using different variations

and !!!
GolemWarrior said:
stick to one type of tree
it's like saying stick to one emotion,I AM SURE YOU MEANT STICK TO ONE TYPE OF COLOR.some red color and some green color ? :goblin_jawdrop:?stick to green color only (i meant variation) and !!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Failed Terrain!.PNG
    Failed Terrain!.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 353
  • the fish.PNG
    the fish.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Level 11
yup i tried to spam some doodads and it kinda look fine to me and if you think it's a cotton candy,i think it look fine.and i told you i was giving a example.
and i want to ask you,are you saying the whole place or the waterfall.
attachment.php
attachment.php

do they look alike ?

Attachments

• Failed Terrain!.PNG
    Failed Terrain!.PNG
    57.5 KB · Views: 266
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 242
Level 11
Conclusion : spamming suxs
Lesson : never spam
indomitable1319 said:
I'm kinda new to this
hmm i am sure i am more of a beginner rank then you.Ur join date is Jan 2010,mine is Nov 2010

[rainbow]
[rainbow]
hey when are you going to recruit or say no to that guy trying to join the runescape map and seriously tell that runescape modeller to make me that fish in a barrel model -.-"
AND IF YOU ARE MANAGING THE THREAD MEANS YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF THE TEAM
KICK THAT MODELLER OUT AND GET A NEW ONE !@#$!@$@#$!#@#!
AND YOU HAVEN'T SAID IF YOU ARE RECRUITING MOUSEMAN89[/rainbow]
[/rainbow]

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The end of the world is a horrible sight. Poor choice of trees, they just aren't appealing from this angle, replace them with anything else that works. Rocks are the same size and the same angle. You used CnP, right? Nature isn't symetrical, so use variation wisely.

Level 23
Fladdermasken, you could in this case be a bit more constructive, pointing out, what is good aswell...
:/

However what Fladdermasken pointed out is right.
On the other hand you did again improve and yeah, you understood the basic idea of what I told you in chat, now it's up to you, to train and get a feeling for it.
Really nice improvement.
Now take Fladdermaskens points of criticsm to continue improving ;)

Level 23
You are getting better and better. I can see an improvement from terrain to terrain.
The B²M pack terrain looks rather nice, however I would like to point out some flaws. You tend to use tooo many doodads causing your terrain to look a bit messy also at some parts the rocks looks strangely placed on the ground.
I would also see the fog being more customized from the standard B²M fog because this would indiviualize your terrain and seperate it from the "anotherB²Mterrain".

However keep it going. It's al about the practice!

I'll give you rep later. I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours. Lol :grin:

Thanks for the comments and the compliments.
The grass; I knew I should've used grass from the UTM. At least that's what Gaia's did. The grass in the pack was as small as HELL, but I didn't want to import more stuff; it would laaaaag....
The rocks... I couldn't find any other way to fill the spaces; because I'm not too good with the tiles B2M made. I have no idea on how to use them, because they're so... Unique... And so hard to place because there are 2 rough dirts, 2 dirts, etc. If I was more experienced in the tiles, I think I would've done a better job.
The fog; I didn't see any other color that seems fit for the occasion. I'll try to post a second version.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Your new one shows improvement, which makes me happy. However, it is relatively empty and lacks depth. It also lacks enviroment, not serious vegetation naturally, but rocks and a few wasteland-looking plants. To implement some depth in your imagery, I suggest removing the wall behing the gate to view a smaller town.

Status
Not open for further replies.