• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Occasional Slow Connection when Surfing Hive Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, surfing the Hive is not a problem at all and it's fast.

While at some rare occasions (recently), Hive Workshop pages take an eternity to load properly. Other websites just work fine and fast. Why does this happen to me?

Is it due to my geographic location? I'm always surfing this website in Malaysia.

Addendum: Normally my ping is about 250 ms, but now it's going to slightly above 300 ms...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Addendum: Normally my ping is about 250 ms, but now it's going to slightly above 300 ms...
Just to confirm you mean your ping with HiveWorkshop servers right? If not you can use tracert to find it.

It can be something as stupid as one of the backbone nodes you use to connect to the server is overloaded. This seems to happen quite a bit with Asia->Europe or Asia->US.

Level 35
Now everything returned to normal atm, does its happen only in the morning or what? Could it be the Database backup?.

It can't be, as I have seen it happen at random moments, pending on when I first enter the site, during that day. Still it looked like at least today it didn't happen. But I'll give it some more testing before I can see if it works.

Level 35
Very interesting as we come from the same country.

Yea, I am not quite certain as to why. It sadly still occurs, but as mentioned only the first time you login. Or if some fair length of time has passed since last entering the site. Of one keeps the tab open, while doing something else and returns hours later it doesn't do it. But if the tab is closed and several hours have passed, it tends to do it again.

Roland

R

Roland

I just migrated from Firefox to chrome, Now it's seems to be a steady run from this Domain ^^ It is a Firefox issue.

Roland

R

Roland

Is this even the cause of the new server was transferred here?

Status
Not open for further replies.