• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NPC player name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Am trying to change NPC player name on loading screen throught the war3map.j but it pops us as Player ( 3 ) etc. Ingame it has the correct name...

If i try to change the name through the worldeditor the map just dont load!

Anyone know how i can change it?

Level 8
Well damn... I thought I had resolved till I reimported my wts file... it seems there is information in the wts file about the name of the players on the loading screen... Anyone know how I can find this hidden strings in wts?

(there are Player 1, Player 2, Player 3 etc but editing them seems to have no effect, unlikely editing almost everything else which works fine). Does wts display information in other files outside war3map.j ? and is there a way to edit those files?

Level 8
Well it seems its in the w3i file but... the strings when i read it with hex editor refers to wts strings that i already edited! >.< so annoying. The wierdest part is if i edit the wts file of the players, and fill the empty slots with computer (insane, easy etc) it displays the edited name. when i go in war3map.j and set the players to MAP_CONTROLLER_NONE or MAP_CONTROLLER_COMPUTER shit hits the fan. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.