• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Player Name-Change Region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi again!

I made a region that changes the name of the player (Instead of Spartipilo, would be Spartipilo (Warrior)). It works, but everytime the hero step on the region, adds an additional (Warrior)

Ex: Spartipilo (Warrior)(Warrior), etc...

I can't turn off the trigger cuz then other players wouldn't be able to change their names.

My 1 questions:

- How to disable trigger only for the player that already left the changename region.

If i change the hero name, then the player has to have the exact same name to load his character. (Player name + (Hero Name)), that's bad. Players need to have the exact same name to save-load.

I think I can solve this by adding the action "Set Player name to (Original Player name)" before generating save code, and then re-set the "Player name + (Hero Name)", so he can continue playing with Player + Hero. name... But I'd like to ask anyway

- Is there a way to solve this in a better way?

Status
Not open for further replies.