• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend Bound v1.85

Northrend Bound
Brought to you by: Wark
Discord: https://discord.gg/pq5xEJYVPk

The old kingdom has fallen into disarray.
It is broken and divided, but not all is lost.
The people seek a new leader to face the trials of the North.
Will you rise to the cause?
There will be many challenges and choices. Allies and enemies.
To be a tyrant or a hero, the decision is yours.

Need info? Check out this item reference chart by Insanity_AI:
Northrend Bound Spreadsheets

Requires the latest version of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

Summary

Races and Strategies

Development Info

Changelog

Credits

Screenshots

Introduction:
Northrend Bound is a strategy-RPG game.
It is based in an alternate Warcraft universe where something happened to the human kingdom of Northrend.
You are a lowly wanderer (of varying races) determined to become the next king. How you do it? That's completely up to you.
My goal is to make something that's as fun as possible, with many different ways to go about playing the game.

Synopsis:
The old kingdom is all but gone.
A decade ago, dark magic washed over these lands and exacted a terrible price.
The forests, are dying.
The mountains, are in perpetual frost.
The animals become more aggressive day by day.
Undead roam the coasts,
and the Queen has shut out her people. She hasn't been seen since that day.
What do you hope to accomplish, wanderer?

Features include but are not limited to:

• Single player OR co-op OR free-for-all. Can add computer players.
  • Hunting, fishing, mining, farming, lumber gathering, digging, trading, base building
  • Crafting with over 200 items
  • Multiple ways to develop your characters
  • "QWER - DFG" hotkeys for skills
  • "-help" and other in-game commands with game modes
  • Kick-ass backpack system
  • Semi-balanced races; they have strengths and weaknesses
  • Unit ranking system
  • Morality system based on reputation with the townsfolk
  • Naval combat
  • Espionage through direct and indirect means
  • A focus on town building, hero development, or a combination of the two
  • Different ways to win: conquest victory (destroy all other players or capture all towns), heroic victory (kill all bosses), economic victory (have "x" gold, players vote)

To pick your race:
Select your race at the start the game!
Human: (starting stats: 8 Str, 8 Agi, 8 Int)
- Round-all race, armored infantry, strong casters, no air units, more diplomatic options

Orc: (starting stats: 9 Str, 8 Agi, 7 Int)
- Units have higher health and damage, but cost more food. Better at conventional warfare. Upgrades make units level up faster (more experience in battle)

Undead: (starting stats: 8 Str, 7 Agi, 9 Int)
- Weaker yet cheaper units, more options to harass players.

Elf: (starting stats: 7 Str, 9 Agi, 8 Int)
- Units have less armor but are more mobile. Ideal for hit and run tactics. Significant advantages at night.

Dwarf: (starting stats: 9 Str, 7 Agi, 8 Int)
- Units are more costly, but more hardy. More mechanical and siege units available.

Unit Counters:
Different units will prove much more effective against their counters.
It's like rock-paper-scissors-water-dynamite:

- Cavalry are good at rushing infantry, archers, and siege units
- Polearm units impale cavalry units
- Archers and towers can pick off polearm units, flying units and casters
- Infantry with shields slaughter archers and are good fodder to siege base towers . . . if they can get close!
- Casters generally counter infantry, but are better used as support.
- Siege units demolish buildings and have no counters to their damage type, but are slow and vulnerable . . . usually
- Air units are strong against most ground units, except archers or towers
- Battleships demolish ground units, buildings and other ships
- Frigates destroy air units

Example Starting Strategies:
1) Start as a hunter, build a tent somewhere for a "lumber base", hire some Thugs from a tavern to harvest your lumber, go hunting for gold, build up from there.

2) Start as a fisherman, find a fisherman's guild for a shovel, go to the corner of the map somewhere, dig and fish for gold, sell accumulated riches, buy lumber, start a base.

3) Say sod building, talk to villagers, gain the "silver tongue" achievement, trade goods between markets for gold, gear up, go do dungeon quests to level up, kill armies with your hero.

The current progress of the map is as follows:

Dungeons: 100%
Lore: 99%
Races: 100%
Terrain: 100%

Systems: 98%
Tutorial: 100%
Unit Data: 100%

To Do:
- Introduction and ending cinematics
- Add info on elites and bosses

Deadline for next update:
Pending

Map Release: August 25, 2017 (version 1.0)
  • Version 1.68: Conquest victory through controlling neutral towns now has a 4 minute timer so other players can react. Adjusted some spell mana costs. Corrected some in game messages. Moved around some lore objects to make them more visible (bottles, signs, graves, books, and spirits).
  • Version 1.69: Updated colour schemes for the lastest version of WC3. Made some minor terrain palette changes. Did prepwork for a major ocean/calamity event update.
  • Version 1.74: Increased player limit to 12. Adjusted zombie AI drastically. Fixed the multiboard and added a clock. Changed the UI to something more appropriate. Added a "-friend" game mode so all players can start off allied. Magic offhands can now be combined. Fixed bugs with game modes. Fixed a zombie problem. Fixed player numbers for dug up units. Fixed a problem with bosses and defeat.
  • Version 1.75: Pickaxes now deal double damage to structures and can mine ores from deposits. Axes now can chop trees. Fixed some text in quest dialogues. Added the Demon Invasion calamity. Added the Nature's Wrath miracle. Items can now stack in full inventories (does not apply to buying items), and right clicking stacks now split them equally. Computer players will now have different scripting and random start locations.
  • Version 1.76: Fixed a bug with despawning the Shrine of Chaos. Turtles no longer give bounty. Fixed a bug with the 3 moons key.
  • Version 1.79: Changes to lighting and map limits! Player limits will be reduced to 8 once again, and the file size will be maintained at below 8 MB. Changed the Cavalry Charge ability for some cavalry type units. Vaults now provide 6 food for the Hero techtree. Reduced experience scaling from crafting. Buffed Fenris. Touched up some terrain. Fixed some lighting. Tweaked again for backwards compatibility.
  • Version 1.80: Bug fixes for the dungeon entrances.
  • Version 1.82: Summoned unit and content update! Added a new mercenary camp in the south by the ruined village. Reverted lighting back to normal, for now. Buffed Tinker summons and removed the bomb ability. Increased tree health and regrowth rates. The backpack now has a toggle option to force summoned units to follow the Hero that summoned them. Changed the AI script completely for the Forces of Chaos. Removed animals that spawn in base locations. Adjusted the formulas for item market values to have a longer recovery time. Added inventory to Orc units. Fixed the "Green Thumb" perk. Added a Troll Hero to the Frost Gate mercenary camp. Limited Dry Docks to 2 and Naval Batteries to 5 per player. Fixed a graphical glitch with green stuff everywhere. Zombies now decay in sunlight during the day.
  • Version 1.84: Hotfixes to the blood moon event, Gnoll Poacher, and troll arena. Tweaked summons AI a bit and limited zombie populations. Added the "-give" command to give selected units to different player numbers.
  • Version 1.85: Skeletal pirates now roam and attack bases. Worn Chain and Bandit Leather can now be used for crafting tier 2 armor. Buffed Nimble Gloves. Increased boss hit points while reducing some of their spell damage. New craftable accessory: Safeguard Amulet. Buffed tentacles. Fixed the item duping bug. Increased zeppelin cost. Increased Bloodmoon cost. Added the Naga, which becomes unlockable through a quest (hint: requires fishing). Added some reefs and shallow waters for possible aquatic bases.

The custom models and icons in this map are not my own.
A special thanks to the following people for making some awesome models and icons, or otherwise helping me in the making of this map:

- Special Thanks -
monkeyboy15, for testing my map
TC_Firestar, for the shoulderpads
steamgirl.arisu, for the loading screen
ShadeGabriel and Sifonseal, for the inspiration
Insanity_AI, for his spreadsheet

- Coding Help -
Maker, Laercio, ColdBone, NFWar, Paladon, Svetli, Spinnaker, Fruit Forest, Bribe

- Models and Icons-
Sin'dorei300, Sunchips, Blood Raven, AndrewOverload519, Wandering Soul, skrab, Ket, communist_orc, Illidan(Evil)X, HerrDave, Minimage, Ergius, CRAZYRUSSIAN, HappyTauren, graystuff111, Mythic, LoDown, !!GORO!!, Stanakin, Ujimasa Hojo, Kitabatake, Muoteck, JollyD, Eagle XI, Mr.Goblin, Elenai, Direfury, Tranquil, General Frank, -Grendel, epsilon, Tenebrae, Kuhneghetz, Laercio, CoLd Bon3, KILLCIDE, Em!, ~Nightmare, San, inhuman89, Mr. Bob, Deolrin, darkdeathknight, Lockheart, The Weird Human, stan0033, 00110000, Chriz, Uncle Fester and Blizzard Entertainment

Previews:
See below for samples of gameplay, terrain, and features!

Northrend Bound v1.85 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Avoid playing music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger. And stop playing it every time the day/night starts or does it just play from time to time? Why fade to black and out when night/rain comes? Did you credit the original...

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Hi there again! I went a little ahead and after some testing, I applied some of the changes I listed above on the map I play myself. If you guys allow me, I would like to share here, in case anyone else find it interesting.

@Wark , please feel free to add these changes to the next official update release of the map if you want. (I would appreciate receiving a little credit for my contribution (as Inseerlink) if that is the case ^^)

Balance updates applied:

Main Changes:

Agility Heroes are now a thing!
- Agility stats grant spell resistance (just as Int stats);
- Agility stats grant attackspeed once again (o.o1 per level);
- Starting Heroes get 1.2 bonus Stat of Int, Str and Agi every 10 levels; different races have different distribution (for example, Orcs get 1.6 Str, 1.2 Agi and 0.8 Int); Total of 18 Distributed Points of Stats at max level (6 of each) (Affects only main heroes/founders);
- Agility and Int grant their evasion/resistance in a manner that always add effective 2% of hero max hp as health against physical/spell attacks per Stat point.

Chemistry is now a thing!
- Removed the water and empty vial requirements from alchemy and cook recipes;
- Increased the number of alchemy solutions by 3 for each brew, and reduced their price accordingly (times 3);
- Greatly reduced the cooldown from cooking and alchemy recipes (removed);
- Changed Alchemy recipe requirements from Medicinal Powder to Ginseng;
- Made the total of Cooked goods and Alchemy solutions worth a total of 10% more gold than the goods original price;
- Applied the bonus local money from sold items from Cooked goods and Alchemy solution goods to NORTH market (all worth 50% of total buy price);
- The South Market (isle city) no longer get bonuses from alchemical solutions;
- Improved the "Baker Terbakar" perk to equally affect recipes that reward multiple items (more items per cook and brew);
- Bombs no longer need strings;
- Molotov coctail no longer needs sulfur;
- Changed texts to reflect the changes applied to alchemy recipes.

Farming, using the land better:
- Weath and Corn seeds max market stack from 6 to 12, resplenish time from 15 to 5.

Version 1.85a - Hotfix
- Updated text to reflect that cooked and alchemical goods now apply their bonus price only at the North;
- Agility and Inteligence info panel now shows information properly.

Version 1.85b - Who Buffed the Buff?
- Seeds now are purchased in packs of 5 (price of pack of seeds adjusted proportionally);- Water from the well resplenish time from 30s to 5s;
- Removed Meat from North Market and added it to East Market;
- Removed Medicinal Powder bonus price to South and East Market;
- Added Medicinal Powder bonus price to NORTH Market;
- Removed Medicinal Powder from North Market.

To do list:
- Remove coal requirement from melting ingots recipes (add cost of coal instead, maybe?);
- Add something funny to do with coal;
- Add some other 2 goods to North Market that matches its abundance (or leave it like this for balance sake because North Market is now already the center of commerce anyway);
- Increase the number of wells one can make and rebalance the resplenish time of water after some testing;
- Increase the time it takes for crops to grow;
- Add a small price bonus from all goods to all Markets (something like 12,5% of buy price when it is not the main Market);
- Buff Hunt - Improve the number and respawn of animals, and add a totally new dedicated gear to hunters that can be unlocked via perk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate any positive feedback (or negative, if that is the case);
I am new to the forums, so if I am violating any rules with this post, please let me know! I would be mostly glad to correct myself; thanks in advance!

wait you made these changes yourself? that's sweet! I had suggestions for this map before if you don't mind I'd like you to hear it

Level 2
wait you made these changes yourself? that's sweet! I had suggestions for this map before if you don't mind I'd like you to hear it

Yes, myself! :p
*giggles in proud ammateur noob pseudoprogrammer language*

Oh, that would be great, of course I would love to listen! ^^
Let me see them

(I actually do have plans to implement a "political" victory condition... just keeping the details in a little secret hehehe)

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
"Open source" does not mean someone can make a few edits and then have their own edition approved. I am pretty sure the changes must be extremely significant.
I see, my mistake on my part. Apologies to Wark.
But yeah, would be nice if he gives him the green light for some updates

Level 1
One of my students inspired me today.
I may try to update this once more, and help people wanting to translate the game.
For those who are curious, this is still an open source project.

I wonder how this will work with the new world editor...

I've introduced many people to this map and we can't wait to see the next update!

One thing that needs attention are the desyncs. It appears the gun ability AOE Grenade causes the game to crash.

EDIT: My friend Djinny updated this map, removed some bugs (Especially the one that crashes the game) updated description texts that were out of place.

Based off the above post's MyNorthrendBound V1.85b

Attachments

• NorthrendBound_v1.85c.w3x
    8.9 MB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Level 13
@Wark you OK with this?

Yea, this is open source. I've been very busy with real life, and moved to another country.
Feel free to update this and keep it going!

I tried changing it to Reforged myself, but it just gave me too much of a headache between real life stuff ><
The biggest problem I had with this was figuring out how to detect a Reforged game client and change player 13 to neutral passive.

Level 2
Hello here is the player in Asian,

We are asking you for the right of translating the map, since we have waiting the final version of the map, which isn't developed since 3 years after your latest version is uploaded
We remaked FotN as well in our own way and the players require a new remake of FotN with chinese localization
Would glad if we can receive your answer through [email protected]/[email protected] or straight through the hive

and hope you have a nice day

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Hello here is the player in Asian,

We are asking you for the right of translating the map, since we have waiting the final version of the map, which isn't developed since 3 years after your latest version is uploaded
We remaked FotN as well in our own way and the players require a new remake of FotN with chinese localization
Would glad if we can receive your answer through [email protected]/[email protected] or straight through the hive

and hope you have a nice day

I believe someone took the initiative to make changes himself on the previous pages

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I saw an update on epicwar, is it legit?

Hi there again! I went a little ahead and after some testing, I applied some of the changes I listed above on the map I play myself. If you guys allow me, I would like to share here, in case anyone else find it interesting.

@Wark , please feel free to add these changes to the next official update release of the map if you want. (I would appreciate receiving a little credit for my contribution (as Inseerlink) if that is the case ^^)

Balance updates applied:

Main Changes:

Agility Heroes are now a thing!
- Agility stats grant spell resistance (just as Int stats);
- Agility stats grant attackspeed once again (o.o1 per level);
- Starting Heroes get 1.2 bonus Stat of Int, Str and Agi every 10 levels; different races have different distribution (for example, Orcs get 1.6 Str, 1.2 Agi and 0.8 Int); Total of 18 Distributed Points of Stats at max level (6 of each) (Affects only main heroes/founders);
- Agility and Int grant their evasion/resistance in a manner that always add effective 2% of hero max hp as health against physical/spell attacks per Stat point.

Chemistry is now a thing!
- Removed the water and empty vial requirements from alchemy and cook recipes;
- Increased the number of alchemy solutions by 3 for each brew, and reduced their price accordingly (times 3);
- Greatly reduced the cooldown from cooking and alchemy recipes (removed);
- Changed Alchemy recipe requirements from Medicinal Powder to Ginseng;
- Made the total of Cooked goods and Alchemy solutions worth a total of 10% more gold than the goods original price;
- Applied the bonus local money from sold items from Cooked goods and Alchemy solution goods to NORTH market (all worth 50% of total buy price);
- The South Market (isle city) no longer get bonuses from alchemical solutions;
- Improved the "Baker Terbakar" perk to equally affect recipes that reward multiple items (more items per cook and brew);
- Bombs no longer need strings;
- Molotov coctail no longer needs sulfur;
- Changed texts to reflect the changes applied to alchemy recipes.

Farming, using the land better:
- Weath and Corn seeds max market stack from 6 to 12, resplenish time from 15 to 5.

Version 1.85a - Hotfix
- Updated text to reflect that cooked and alchemical goods now apply their bonus price only at the North;
- Agility and Inteligence info panel now shows information properly.

Version 1.85b - Who Buffed the Buff?
- Seeds now are purchased in packs of 5 (price of pack of seeds adjusted proportionally);- Water from the well resplenish time from 30s to 5s;
- Removed Meat from North Market and added it to East Market;
- Removed Medicinal Powder bonus price to South and East Market;
- Added Medicinal Powder bonus price to NORTH Market;
- Removed Medicinal Powder from North Market.

To do list:
- Remove coal requirement from melting ingots recipes (add cost of coal instead, maybe?);
- Add something funny to do with coal;
- Add some other 2 goods to North Market that matches its abundance (or leave it like this for balance sake because North Market is now already the center of commerce anyway);
- Increase the number of wells one can make and rebalance the resplenish time of water after some testing;
- Increase the time it takes for crops to grow;
- Add a small price bonus from all goods to all Markets (something like 12,5% of buy price when it is not the main Market);
- Buff Hunt - Improve the number and respawn of animals, and add a totally new dedicated gear to hunters that can be unlocked via perk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate any positive feedback (or negative, if that is the case);
I am new to the forums, so if I am violating any rules with this post, please let me know! I would be mostly glad to correct myself; thanks in advance!

I've introduced many people to this map and we can't wait to see the next update!

One thing that needs attention are the desyncs. It appears the gun ability AOE Grenade causes the game to crash.

EDIT: My friend Djinny updated this map, removed some bugs (Especially the one that crashes the game) updated description texts that were out of place.

Based off the above post's MyNorthrendBound V1.85b

btw are these compatible for latest WC3 patch?

Level 2
Hello everybody.

This is the best map ever what i have been played at w3. I also used to play founders of the North and it should be cool if somebody can help me to add to this northrend bound same mechanics from northrend. For example weddings and wifes, Quiz, Guilds and calamities.

I and one my friend fixed the bug with Chaos and Dark creeps which were friendly with players - At evening i am going to upload this fixed 1.86C version here at hive.

Is here somebody who loves this map also and who are working at it also please? Let me know if this map still live.

Thanks a lot for the best work, greetings all and sorry for my weak english xD

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Hello everybody.

This is the best map ever what i have been played at w3. I also used to play founders of the North and it should be cool if somebody can help me to add to this northrend bound same mechanics from northrend. For example weddings and wifes, Quiz, Guilds and calamities.

I and one my friend fixed the bug with Chaos and Dark creeps which were friendly with players - At evening i am going to upload this fixed 1.86C version here at hive.

Is here somebody who loves this map also and who are working at it also please? Let me know if this map still live.

Thanks a lot for the best work, greetings all and sorry for my weak english xD
looking forward for the bug fix :)

Level 2
Hello there again.

As i promised this is fixed 1.85C version where was a bug with Dark Chaos creeps whose were allies with players.
At next version i will try to add more players slots and i am loking forward to add some mechanics from Founders of the North.

Attachments

• NorthrendBound_v1.86c.w3x
    9 MB · Views: 293

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Hello there again.

As i promised this is fixed 1.85C version where was a bug with Dark Chaos creeps whose were allies with players.
At next version i will try to add more players slots and i am loking forward to add some mechanics from Founders of the North.
to be honest I kinda am not a fan with the landbridges on the southwestern sea like I can no longer hide there against 7 Insane AIs lol

Level 1
Pardon for asking, I currently trying to solve treasure map 2, which sounds like "In the ocean on top of a hump, I sit and wait beside a stump". Does anyone where that might be? Because I have dug every stump I found on the ocean and still can't detect the next clue.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Pardon for asking, I currently trying to solve treasure map 2, which sounds like "In the ocean on top of a hump, I sit and wait beside a stump". Does anyone where that might be? Because I have dug every stump I found on the ocean and still can't detect the next clue.
it's the peak of the large southwestern island that is buildiable for base

Level 1
it's the peak of the large southwestern island that is buildiable for base
Thank you, kind sir. But now I am stuck at treasure map 5, "In the farthest reaches of the north I go, watching the fish swim to and fro!". Did you also know where it is 😭?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Thank you, kind sir. But now I am stuck at treasure map 5, "In the farthest reaches of the north I go, watching the fish swim to and fro!". Did you also know where it is 😭?
I believe it's around the top-left-most; just try around those waters in the area near the demon gate

the last one is easy to find; however prepare yourself for a tough fight as the Undead Pirate dungeon is really hard

Level 1
Thank you, sir. I just finished the quest. Yup the boss sure is hard, thank god the loot is awesome tho. Mind if I ask one more thing, have you done the message on the bottle thing found on the entrance of the sea dungeon, that we have to find the prodigy son of the chansellor? Do you know how's he look like?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Thank you, sir. I just finished the quest. Yup the boss sure is hard, thank god the loot is awesome tho. Mind if I ask one more thing, have you done the message on the bottle thing found on the entrance of the sea dungeon, that we have to find the prodigy son of the chansellor? Do you know how's he look like?
you can't that's just a lore tidbit

basically, the lore there is

Some Pirates kidnap the Chancellor's son for ransom but the Ancient Hydra suddenly emerges and wipes out the entire crew including the son and the Pirates become ghosts and in rage the Chancellor became mad; Chancellor and Ancient Hydra are among the summonable bosses for 1000(?) lumber and the Pirates are one of the four dungeons

Level 1
People are still talking about my map.
I am thinking about getting back into it
Wark, I was one of the first players in the FOTN community when it was being created and it was my favorite map in all of WC3 (and I have played a lot of WC3). That is, until this map came out.

Northrend Bound is the best game on WC3. It is balanced, adaptive and has immense replay value. Continuing with updates and adapting to Reforged could be what is needed to revive this game again!

If you decide to continue developing, I'd love to be a part of testing if needed. Regardless, thank you for all that you have done.

All the best man!

Level 13
Wark, I was one of the first players in the FOTN community when it was being created and it was my favorite map in all of WC3 (and I have played a lot of WC3). That is, until this map came out.

Northrend Bound is the best game on WC3. It is balanced, adaptive and has immense replay value. Continuing with updates and adapting to Reforged could be what is needed to revive this game again!

If you decide to continue developing, I'd love to be a part of testing if needed. Regardless, thank you for all that you have done.

All the best man!
Unfortunately it's been years since I worked on this, and between the versions of WC3 out now I don't even know where to begin to repair the bugs this got from that. I remember checking in a while back, and some other person mentioned they'd take try to figure out how to tweak things for the most recent version of WC3.

Level 3
Hello, love the map a lot, was playing 1.60 before, will try the new one! But my game can't see open source versions, like 1.85b, 1.86c, but sees 1.85 perfectly fine - any help? Both on WC3 1.26 and 1.30, all maps are in the same folder. I want to play the best version available.

P.S. Those of you who played FotN - have you had an infinite town npc bug? I have more info in FotN map thread.

Level 28
Hello, love the map a lot, was playing 1.60 before, will try the new one! But my game can't see open source versions, like 1.85b, 1.86c, but sees 1.85 perfectly fine - any help? Both on WC3 1.26 and 1.30, all maps are in the same folder. I want to play the best version available.

P.S. Those of you who played FotN - have you had an infinite town npc bug? I have more info in FotN map thread.
Doesn't for me.
Please read the "Recommended Version" section as @deepstrasz suggested before downloading the map. This map only works on 1.30-1.31.

Level 1
Anyone know if this works with 1.28.5? Or what the last version of this map is that worked with 1.28.5?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
I made this concept that also adds Darkspear Trolls, High Elves, and Blood Elves as playable characters, unique Bandit paths, and an additional evil villanous path:

People are still talking about my map.
I am thinking about getting back into it, but I left it open source since things got hard between Reforged and the pandemic.
I may just start a new project
WTii just recently played @Inseer 's fan edit of your map

Level 6
Hello there, i just finished playing or more like "Game Crashed" while playing with other ppl on the battle.net.

-it seems like i Crashed the game, by using the Rifle (900g weapon from weapon stand) skill that makes a big explosion over an area, i used it against an enemy bear with another player who was hitting the big bear too (an ally), it hit the bear, the player and some trees, idk what happend, but all 8 players, crashed, not a single one was spared, the game stopped working for EVERYONE, just came by to inform, so it never happens to anyone again...

Hope to see a new update with bug fixes on this FOTN Remastered, soon! :)

Edit: it was on latest version of WC3 since we were all random people and friend from battle.net
Edit: added image after playing a second time and trying to use the same rifle gun skill, it kills the whole game even if targeted at nothing*

Attachments

• image_2022-08-03_003542497.png
    image_2022-08-03_003542497.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Level 1
Hey, we are currently trying to tune the map and remove the crashes. Feel free to join us on discord:

Crash you posted was one of the older versions, currently explosion shot is not used, but its on the list to be fixed.