• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Node Fighters 1.2.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Node Fighters is a game like Horde vs Alliance

The idea is destroy the enemy base. There is 7 nodes you can capture.

How to capture a node:
Destroy the Power Core in the middle of the node.

Your base gives:
- Powerful Fountain of Regeneration (heal and mana)
- Items
- Powerful towers
- Troops

All nodes give:
- Special items
- Ally towers
- Respawn point
- Vision

Gediasa:
Creates troops for the Barracks owner. At start it's owner is Neutral.

Hidasa (bottom) nodes give:
- Fountain of Health (it won't heal enemys)

Video about Node Fighters (Node Fighters II video coming soon)

Suggested Players: even number
Game length: 45 min

If you find any bugs, errors or critical errors, please report about them here.
I know there's that respawn prize thing is upside down, but i'll repair it.

Please add the version number to your reply/comment!!!

--------
Changes on 0.07:

- Minimap
- Green icon fix (thanks to krisserz)
- Deleted creator texts from the middle
[/FONT]

Keywords:
Ikx_1 Alliance Horde Node Core Power Gameplayer Heretic-Master Master Heretic Production Tower Defense Rush WC3 TFT RoC
Contents

Node Fighters 1.2.4 (Map)

Reviews
13:50, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 31
As I see you improved some things I've suggested.

Anyway, terrain got really better, but it still was missing some stuff, there could be more of grass, also more bushes near the stone walls.

Item choisment is too big, you should reduce the amount of items in every Power Gore, also I suggest you to make different items in every building that is able to bring you it, not like half of these Power Gores has their items and other side of map having half of Power Gores has the same, you should mix it in every building, of course balanced items.

Big problem with gold, amount of gathering gold resource is too low, I barely could receive a few of items from such big choisment.

I've found an error. Power Gore named Cabias do not transfers into allied building and towers after it's death, it turns into hostiles or in other words - neutral enemy units. You must fix it.

Add a description because all I saw was a version.

Add an Objectives, because I would have no idea what should I do playing this map if I wouldn't be playing this some time ago. In my opinion it's necessary.

Also, at Hero Selection area, you should add Circles of Power instead regions at hero itself, it might be easier to select a hero because I've tried to get that Duska Rider and I couldn't take it without pressing on him few times.

And I saw only 6 heroes at the left side of area, you're planning to add more? I suggest you to put these six heroes in all over the place, not just into left side of it, so player could select it easier way too, without getting into left side of area. I'm talking about Horde.

I couldn't open it with World Editor. If it's protected so why you didn't mention it in the description? You should do that.

I rate it by 1/5, but I don't suggest this map to be rejected. If creator will fix these points I mentioned, my rating will increase by few points.

Killers of my rating was:
- Power Gore Cabias not transfering into allied unit after it's death.
- Need more of grass.
- Too big amount of items.
- Out of gold.
- Hero selection defficulties.
- Out of description.
- Out of objectives.

Level 6
I do not think you fixed everything I mentioned. I suggest you to fix it all.
My rating will remain if you will not fix every bad point on my first post here.
Also it can be rejected any moment. If you fixed only the description that is one of seven points, I wouldn't call it a full volue map fix.

Not all people have the time fix bugs in a couple of time.
These rejected threats you(and the whole moderators) give are maybe a little paranoid. Did not so good maps blame the Hiveworkshop site? I have heard of Ralle that not so perfect map maker will be helped at this side and if you delete all the beginner/ not perfect map at once, how can the makers improve them?

I mean he meant that he has fixed some small bugs.
But i am very sure that he will soon fix them

Level 7
I made a quick recheck, you need to fix some things: Such as abilities aren't in the same asis, x 1 y1,2,3,4. The rider has a wolf summon ability that costs 75 mana and on lvl 1 he has 60 mana. What are the strange names at the PG-s? You need to add info at the Quest Menu.

Thanks a lot for your recheck! :thumbs_up: Now to fix them! ;)

Edit: FIXED

Last edited:
uh, guys, i still don't know why it's Gores...

Edit: bounty XD that sounded wise-chinese-old-man like XD nice :D so cool.

Edit #2: Well, i've only tried Tauren so far, a couple of regeneration rings, and he's invincible. and, there's no tooltips that are right, stampede says "beastmaster", all ability "learn" tips are incorrect. bash goes to level 3, war stomp goes to level 4, shockwave goes to level 10, and wipes ALL enemy units in one wave... things you need to get done :D:

1: Tooltips fix.
2: Unit upgration system.
3: ability fix.
4: Messages when you capture a town, or an enemy does would be nice.
5: that Com player that is in the middle of the alliance players... what is it doing there?
6: Why's there 4 power 'G'ores at the unit spawn thingy?

Besides that, looks good :D i like it, but it's far from complete.

Last edited:
Level 7
New update!

- All abilites 10 level, ultimates 1 level
- A message when node is captured
- Tooltips repaired
- Minimap repaired

Happy gaming! =)

You know, sit down, list up all the problems we've said, and yuo know about, get some icetea, (before you sit down :p) and really work this map through, without making new heroes. when it's ALL done, THEN you make new heroes, and add funny and cool features.

Haha! Thanks a lot!! :grin: Last 2 days i worked only with this, but i like it! :wink: (Im little crazy :eekani:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! i look forward to it! what about an increasing difficulty of the regular troops? a shockwave lvl 10 = Wipe all

Edit: i just tested it, and you fixed nothing thoroughly -.- you used a very questionable way of saying "Node captured" that's not going to work. I tried the rider this time, where's HIS up to level 10 spells??? The ogres, is it just me, or are they remarkable strong AND fast? that doen't look realistic to me, go ahead, fix this, and the remaining things on my list... and the ring of regen, it is so good, that you may wanna change its cost to 60.

elseways: Still a nice map.

Last edited:
Level 7
Great! i look forward to it! what about an increasing difficulty of the regular troops? a shockwave lvl 10 = Wipe all

Edit: i just tested it, and you fixed nothing thoroughly -.- you used a very questionable way of saying "Node captured" that's not going to work. I tried the rider this time, where's HIS up to level 10 spells??? The ogres, is it just me, or are they remarkable strong AND fast? that doen't look realistic to me, go ahead, fix this, and the remaining things on my list... and the ring of regen, it is so good, that you may wanna change its cost to 60.

elseways: Still a nice map.

Thanks very much again, I founded the rider's ability bug too, but i was too tired and sleepy, so now i will fix it!
Now i am doing Computer players to the map, so the update can be late! :grin:

Level 6
Hi,
your hero defense map will be better and better
Good dota alternative

I have found 3 grammar mistakes in the version 1.0.8
See pictures:

1. ...in the other side... -> replace it with on
2. ... is a enemy base...-> replace it with an
3. ... you have to destroy it,...-> replace it with ... it. ...
4. I found a new one not marked! Its very easy...-> replace it with It's ...

All in all great map

But I think the units should be upgradable-> maybe put the upgrades in the barracks and heroes can so upgrade them or like in Dota after a couple of time(alone; after a period of time)

Attachments

• w3ft-20090308-133405.png
    w3ft-20090308-133405.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 192
  • w3ft-20090308-133600.png
    w3ft-20090308-133600.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
Goddamn it man!!!! FINISH MAKING IT!!! look, i played once as rifleman, here's the list of bugs.
1: The riflemans sound set, knight? wtf. doesn't make any sense, with that Horse, and all those For's where's the Jolly Dwarf sound set?
2: My friend and an enemy hero (computer controlled, both) stayed at the hp-rejuvernation thingies.
3, 1: Fire stick doesn't stun, but the tooltips say so. oh! that's the first tooltip bug, more to come.
3, 2: Fire stick learn tooltip isn't what it says in normal tooltip.
3, 3: fire sticks normal tooltip is true (it seems), and the damage DOESN'T GO UP AFTER LEVEL 3!!!
4: the game still says "Captured to" instead of captured by.
5: The ogres attack speed is way too fast, seems very awkward, the animation is actually cut a bit.
6: My rifleman didn't respawn, and no message / timer window was shown.
7: Mana shield only goes up to lvl 3.

that's what i could find so far -.- get it fixed m8...

BTW. You are aware that a 'Core' Is spelled with a C? right? gore is like blood, havoc and gore...

Last edited:
you deleted our little conversation about Icetea? i was real wise to say something like that, like the thing i'm saying now; "You haven't fixed those tooltips!!!!" god! man! get yourself together, p00p on the unnecessary things, and FIX THOSE TOOLTIPS!!!! GO THROUGH ALL OF THEM AND THEN RELEASE A NEW VERSION!!! my rating goes up when they are fixed. also, you need to work all the abilities through, i'm this: || close to saying; "hand me that map, and i'll fix it you crazy wacko". TOOLTIPS AND ABILITIES!!! FOR ALL HEROES!!!! NOT JUST 1 EVERY TIME!!!

thanks for mentioning me ;D at the update, i'll check it as soon as possible :D

edit: checked, major bug, the alliance troops didn,t spawn, with full players, and purple, that raider hero didn't move out, the enemy heroes didn't seem to have spawned either, but they maybe all parked at the health pool.
I'll send you a picture.

Last edited:
Level 7
thanks for mentioning me ;D at the update, i'll check it as soon as possible :D

edit: checked, major bug, the alliance troops didn,t spawn, with full players, and purple, that raider hero didn't move out, the enemy heroes didn't seem to have spawned either, but they maybe all parked at the health pool.
I'll send you a picture.

Thanks! I repaired it already! :grin: I founded it myself

Last edited:
i'm tired of fixing your tooltips dude... but i'll try the game again now...

Edit; No, it's not right yet... the Kodo, god!!! i laughed!! healing puke XD so fun it's forgettable that there's acid in most stomachs... the lvl 1, lvl 5, lvl 10 previews of all it's abilities are wrong. go through all of the abilities previews... just to be sure... but the spell tooltips seemed fixed!!! Olé! it looks good now :D

my rating went up to 3.7, thereby reaching 4. it'll probably go up a couple of decimals, but you're going to make something totally extraordinary to make it 5.

Last edited:
Level 6
Edit:
2cond update.

Hi I like the new AI it has some bugs but it works ok.

I have found 3 little bugs:

1. Picture(Loading screen):
You have written: "Destroy your enemy base" it sounds not so good. Change it into "Destroy the enemy base"

1.1 Picture(Loading screen):
You have written: "This game i created again, also there can be bugs." What should this mean? Make 2 senteces like this: "This is my new game(map) but it still contains bugs"

2. Nodes:
The sentence isn´t finished!

Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• w3ft-20090321-122036.png
    w3ft-20090321-122036.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 341
  • w3ft-20090321-122146.png
    w3ft-20090321-122146.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 112
sorry, i'm trying it first time when i get home... there was just 2 problems, mr. goblin showed up and wanted me to import some spells into his map, and my dad reminded me that i had to do my mathematics assignment -.-

Well, is it?? :p I can't wait too! :grin:
LOL you don't know if you fixed it? that's funny XD well, i'm gonna test it soon then...

Edit: tested; looks good, the previews are in place, although it is ridiculous how much the abilities' effects grow... 10 skill points for getting "magic stick" (said so in learn tooltip) from 200 to 328? not worth it. and when i looked at the spell to check if the damage actualy were correct, that "fire stick" spell (said so in the use tooltip, although it's the same as magic stick.) really did that much damage... i mainly wrote this so people could see what i meant about the tooltip. and, the mana shield ability said "sea witch" STILL. and so on... get those tooltips fixed once and for all. and the abilities too, don't just make some abilities and then give them to the heroes, so all have the same, no, make 10000 abilities! so all hero is completely unique.

Last edited:
Level 2
Nice map overall but horde seem a little bit powerful then alliance especialy one of the horde hero reach high levle his spell serpent ward become soo much powerful to control. 4 serpents ward with attack of somewhat 108 and 400 hp,this really kill alliance heroes and units in no time.so i suggest to low the attack of these serpent wards.Anyway the map overally is great.

Level 13
Hmm i cant load the map, problem :

There is not enough space to load map, WTF?