• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Challenge I 1.2.4 ENG BUGS FIX

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
- 22 custom Items
- 10 custom heroes
- 47 custom Spells
- a fully scripted boss with a lot of abilities and special effects
- a lot of strategic possibilities (heros, items, spells, boss tactics...)
- a combat text that shows damage etc
- 3 difficulties (easy, normal, hard)
- all spells triggered and nearly all scale with hero attributes
- new multiboard with detailed infos
- energy, rage and runemight system (like in real wow)
- a lot of other usefull systems
- repick and reskill by items
- nearly no lags and leaks because of preloading and leak remove

Keywords:
boss, challenge, wow, tank, healer, damage, dealer, impossible, hard
Contents

Boss Challenge I 1.2.4 ENG BUGS FIX (Map)

Reviews
15:05, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Well I rate this one 2.5/5 and vote for approval since it is good enough to pass as a good map still needs a lot of work.

Stuff That Needs Work
- Balance the units that you fight before the fire god
- Ragnorak is a bit too strong with one of his spells that auto kills the party
- Add more to the bosses instead of just summon and mighty spell kill

Level 6
Well I rate this one 2.5/5 and vote for approval since it is good enough to pass as a good map still needs a lot of work.

Stuff That Needs Work
- Balance the units that you fight before the fire god
- Ragnorak is a bit too strong with one of his spells that auto kills the party
- Add more to the bosses instead of just summon and mighty spell kill

what you mean by balancing the units before the bosses? the units before the bosses are just some units you CAN do for warmup, and they are supposed to be easy. i dont really understand what u mean by "balancing"?

the spell of ragnaros kills everyone instantly if you dont use your devine shield. this is just a reaction test and if you know it its very easy^^

i quite understand your last point, your right with that. but for example ragnaros summons fires that damage near units and use the mass aoe (like you already said). also i wanted to focus a little bit more on the classes as on the boss creativity (a lot of boss maps have very good bosses, but shit heroes IMO)

greez

N.O

N.O

Level 6
I agree with everything you have said except what people like is to have almost impossible bosses *and to have awesome stuff on their units/heroes* to play with and that is what makes the best map.
Oh, the units before boss is just for warm up? They're very hard to skip if so and are a bit powerful to handle unless everyone buys a super cannon and waits. For the reaction with divine shied most people will go like "WTF WHAT HAPPEN!?"...

Don't worry it was very easy for me and my friends since I am used to boss maps like these, I was just trying to help you with everyone else.

Level 6
I agree with everything you have said except what people like is to have almost impossible bosses *and to have awesome stuff on their units/heroes* to play with and that is what makes the best map.
Oh, the units before boss is just for warm up? They're very hard to skip if so and are a bit powerful to handle unless everyone buys a super cannon and waits. For the reaction with divine shied most people will go like "WTF WHAT HAPPEN!?"...

Don't worry it was very easy for me and my friends since I am used to boss maps like these, I was just trying to help you with everyone else.

sure, i agree with you, impossible bosses is the best map and i dont say my map is better (there is ALWAYS at better map and an inspiration for the own maps^^)

so my aim was to focus a bit on a different game principe as in imp. bosses (--> focus heroes and only one boss per map) so i just tried to hit a different part of the players (wowlers :D )
the creeps bevore the boss are in fact easy to skip (use devine shield in the correct moment). i have to say at first (part 1 + 2) i wanted to make them hard to skip (thats the reason for the amount of mobs in front of the boss room portal) but later when i started part 3 i realised that much people find the mobs boring and wanted to to the boss instantly, so i made them easy to skip^^

and sure, if you try the boss the first time you WILL fail because of the "shield trick" but next time you know better then^^

greez

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Still people hate dieing and going wow "he never told us how to skip it...".

I also suggest put all bosses into one map otherwise people might not play all being the reason people hate having to re-host each and every map when they have a 50% chance of loosing people.

By the way if you try and keep on going you can make your map better then Psyris's Impossible Bosses.