• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I guess what the thread-starter wanted to ask, was what would have happened if earth's atmosphere turned into one of those anti-gravity zones. Basically (though not entirely right) if the atmosphere was filled with water, and we were super intelligent fishmenz.

Take a bath son, it should be teaser enough.

Anyhow, what the hell is up with kids these days.. obsessed with science.

Level 11
I guess what the thread-starter wanted to ask, was what would have happened if earth's atmosphere turned into one of those anti-gravity zones. Basically (though not entirely right) if the atmosphere was filled with water, and we were super intelligent fishmenz.

1.It is not the atmosphere that would loose its gravity its the planet. mars has no atmosphere but has gravity. Way off.

2. Yea god dam technology the next evolutionary step in nature. I remember the good ol'e days when you hit a girl overt the head with a stick, now, you have to hit over the head with a bigger stick. Whats'a going on.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You misunderstood my post completely. I did not say the atmosphere is gravity, I was changing the thread-starters question, because it seems to me he sought to know something else than what everyone here is trying to explain.

I am perfectly aware of what gravity is, after all I wrote my exam about it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Technically if there is no gravity, that means spacetime fabric does not exist anymore, which means its the end of the world, not only earth...

You and your spacetime fabric. :D

By the way, I was unaware 'the world' expanded beyond Earth? Care to enlighten me?

Science. It works, bitches.
Technically if there is no gravity, that means spacetime fabric does not exist anymore, which means its the end of the world, not only earth...

But the world = earth

Level 12
Science. It works, bitches.

But the world = earth

Universe, I'm a 2nd language, but does world really refer to earth? I thought world is a synonym of universe :spell_breaker:

Science in Einstein's paradigm which now spreads to astronomy, and etc refined my believe in god, the quest of truth that drives all creatures to find their answers to the infinite boundary of the universe. In the future we will have a galatical empire yet still question the existence of God, really that question what makes mankind so advance, it motivates us to break boundaries.

Level 11

You just said that if atmosphere were to turn into anti gravity. Anti gravity is the opposite of gravity meaning you were thinking that atmosphere was the opposite of anti gravity. Which it is not. gravity holds atmosphere.

You misunderstood my post completely. I did not say the atmosphere is gravity, I was changing the thread-starters question, because it seems to me he sought to know something else than what everyone here is trying to explain.

I am perfectly aware of what gravity is, after all I wrote my exam about it.

Failed exams did you? Sorry to hear that.

It is not the atmosphere that would loose its gravity its the planet. mars has no atmosphere but has gravity. Way off.

What happens, if this earth there is no gravity? Are we going to swim like a fish .... :grin:

Level 12
WTF? Einstein didn't create science. He just contributed to it.

I didn't say einstein created science, I was referring to the branch of science that was started all the way from Newton to Einstein. On the other hand, there is another branch, quantum mechanics, where people look at things on the molecular level and I tell you it ain't pretty, because things are not ordered, behave randomly, and scientists in this field will likely be the atheists we see today.

So really, science is divided to two paths, one who seek unifying theory of god, and the other who seek a materialistic viewpoint of the creation of life through simplest forms of substance.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You just said that if atmosphere were to turn into anti gravity. Anti gravity is the opposite of gravity meaning you were thinking that atmosphere was the opposite of anti gravity. Which it is not. gravity holds atmosphere.

Failed exams did you? Sorry to hear that.

It is not the atmosphere that would loose its gravity its the planet. mars has no atmosphere but has gravity. Way off.

Consistent in your own flaw. I am not, I repeat NOT, implying atmosphere creates gravity, I am referring to anti-gravity zones, usually made with water or via channelling of other forces that work against gravity to accomplish a similar effect to no gravity at all. Before you start correcting others, learn English so that you may comprehend what they are expressing.

No, I did not fail my exam, in fact I got an A. However, that doesn't mean I am a science super-geek, I just threw it out there so I wouldn't have to explain the laws of gravity thoroughly just for you to accept that I might know a little bit about what I am posting.

As for some science supporting a God- the only science that does is the quantum theory. Regular, or common, science is quite consistent in neglecting a supreme being.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Are you talking about buoyancy?

The abuse of buoyancy to produce a similar effect that to of lesser, or no, gravity. It is not identical, though it would seem the best example to pull forth to compare a situation of no gravity on earth surface. There are also other forces than buoyancy that can produce this effect. However, none of these are actually examples of no gravity. It's just that my impression of what the thread starter wanted to know is what would happen if we were not affected by gravity, and not that gravity itself cease to be- which would give a whole different result.

Level 7
I didn't say einstein created science, I was referring to the branch of science that was started all the way from Newton to Einstein. On the other hand, there is another branch, quantum mechanics, where people look at things on the molecular level and I tell you it ain't pretty, because things are not ordered, behave randomly, and scientists in this field will likely be the atheists we see today.

So really, science is divided to two paths, one who seek unifying theory of god, and the other who seek a materialistic viewpoint of the creation of life through simplest forms of substance.

I did one year of physics (today i had last exam) and i think there was nobody in my year that believed in god or any other religion.

seek a materialistic viewpoint of the creation of life through simplest forms of substance

In my case (and i think a lot other scientists too) i rather want to learn the creation of the universe than the creation of life, which is just a very tiny aspect of universe. And even more i want to know how everything works.

@Teh_Ephy: entire fucking tectonic plates will also flung of the earth. Is there anything that will force them to stick to the earth? No!
I would also appreciate that you give some constructive critism instead of insulting me for every single thing i say. You don't give the intention of being smart that way.

@NoAmmoSorry: You need much hydrogen and a mass of at least 1/13 the mass of the sun to have a star. The mass is needed for a high pressure and VERY high temperatures (15 * 10^7 kelvin) to make nuclear fusion possible.

Last edited:
Level 11
Consistent in your own flaw. I am not, I repeat NOT, implying atmosphere creates gravity, I am referring to anti-gravity zones, usually made with water or via channelling of other forces that work against gravity to accomplish a similar effect to no gravity at all. Before you start correcting others, learn English so that you may comprehend what they are expressing.

No, I did not fail my exam, in fact I got an A. However, that doesn't mean I am a science super-geek, I just threw it out there so I wouldn't have to explain the laws of gravity thoroughly just for you to accept that I might know a little bit about what I am posting.

As for some science supporting a God- the only science that does is the quantum theory. Regular, or common, science is quite consistent in neglecting a supreme being.

kk w.e but you wrote anti-gravity from atmosphere. Hey at least 5th graders know thats bs

Level 40
I like how unbiased this statement is.

Science in Einstein's paradigm which now spreads to astronomy, and etc refined my believe in god, the quest of truth that drives all creatures to find their answers to the infinite boundary of the universe. In the future we will have a galatical empire yet still question the existence of God, really that question what makes mankind so advance, it motivates us to break boundaries.
Or does it make humankind so damn stupid?

On the other hand, there is another branch, quantum mechanics, where people look at things on the molecular level and I tell you it ain't pretty, because things are not ordered, behave randomly, and scientists in this field will likely be the atheists we see today.
Mommy, mommy, the atheists are coming! They are going to worship the devil and bring chaos and doom to the world!

Level 11
I like how unbiased this statement is.

Or does it make humankind so damn stupid?

Mommy, mommy, the atheists are coming! They are going to worship the devil and bring chaos and doom to the world!

Lol totally agree with you on all of those lmao.

ATT1395120.jpg

ATT1395146.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

kk w.e but you wrote anti-gravity from atmosphere. Hey at least 5th graders know thats bs

Nah, I actually wrote that if we turned it into an anti-gravity zone, what would happen. It had nothing to do with atmosphere itself, and everything to do with us. I used the atmosphere as a description of where to place it.

Level 10
As science says, everything has it's gravity power what pulls us or pulls themselves to us, regarding it's size and weight. But then people would ask "Why things don't move to us then?" , answer is, that we live on one BIG MASSIVE thing called "Earth" Its gravity power is so big that everything is pulled to it, there are different gravity powers on other worlds, bigger gravity power is, more heavier we will feel. Cause of that other things like tables, chairs, people don't got pulled to each other, cause they are pulled by more greater power, as I said "Earth". Cosmos is place where you can have no gravity.

So... No gravity... As you know, the Earth is rotating at quite a speed (you're moving at over a thousand miles per hour at the equator due to the Earth's rotation alone). So if there would be no gravity, we would, like rockets be shot in space and then die from no air. Atmosphere would also "fly away", killing planet and making it into big lifeless rock like "Moon".

Last edited:
Level 34
You know what: Let's go all together in a spaceship through space for some years before returning. And there will be no gravity generator on board.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

As science says, everything has it's gravity power what pulls us or pulls themselves to us, regarding it's size and weight. But then people would ask "Why things don't move to us then?" , answer is, that we live on one BIG MASSIVE thing called "Earth" Its gravity power is so big that everything is pulled to it, there are different gravity powers on other worlds, bigger gravity power is, more heavier we will feel. Cause of that other things like tables, chairs, people don't got pulled to each other, cause they are pulled by more greater power, as I said "Earth". Cosmos is place where you can have no gravity.

So... No gravity... As you know, the Earth is rotating at quite a speed (you're moving at over a thousand miles per hour at the equator due to the Earth's rotation alone). So if there would be no gravity, we would, like rockets be shot in space and then die from no air. Atmosphere would also "fly away", killing planet and making it into big lifeless rock like "Moon".

I just noticed this one, and really.. there's hardly anything that resembles fact here. First; gravity pulls to self, there's no gravity that makes you pull yourself towards something else (that is the gravity of something else pulling you to it). Second; We do have gravity ourselves and objects DO get pulled towards us, though the power of gravity is incredibly small, and we have a hard time noticing the effect because, frankly, we weight a lot less than for instance earth. Third; there is gravity in the universe, how else do you think we keep circulating the sun? (Oh, and just for the record, we're still in the universe even if we're on a planet.) However, you would experience a closer to no gravity effect the farther away from objects you come. You will never be able to experience the actual effect of no gravity at all.

Level 20
shiiK said:
You will never be able to experience the actual effect of no gravity at all.
And before Azeroc says it...
The reason why astronauts float in the international space station is because they're in orbit around the Earth in such a way that they're basically falling towards the Earth but continuously. So the space station is falling at a certain acceleration, and so are the people inside of it. Net result: no one notices a thing and everything floats.

Status
Not open for further replies.