• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

NFWar's Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
oh my, another amazing work. You are better than Master Goblin on female drawing, but you still can't beat Master Goblin!!!

Level 15
That's not true. Every artist has a style whether you like it or not. Surely, you can see the difference between the two's.
xp i know, dont take my words too serious. Master Goblin is more to concept art thingy.

Talking about female drawing, i never see Master Goblin made a female painting. Now i need to spam request him to draw a female.

2dsQ1h5.png
PaSsizh.png

very great stuff coming from you lately! :D

I would suggest doing portrait reproduction as an exercise, you seemed to have some perspective issues in most of your facial structures. Mostly for your 3/4 stuff... you'll unknowingly make better portraits after a while!

Roland

R

Roland

OMA NYAH @NFWar ish dat first doodle of yours symmetrical?! I love art involving symmetry <3

It is been quite some time since I picked up a pen and drew anything. Constand depression, negativity would discourage me to do anything. I can’t make myself to draw. It seem to be pointless. I cant make money with it and be proud or happy about it. In fact, I dont know if I can be happy about anything anymore. I made comissions in past, very few and more were abandoned than finished. I felt disatisfied, unable to draw what I was asked, feeling more pathetic. Art is not a joy or a time killer anymore, it is a chore and reminder of being a failure. “But your art is good! How can you not make money with it and be so unhappy?!”. Well, if I failed, then my art is nothing special and pointing out on how “skilled” I am is just making me feel worse, since even skill doesnt grant me any success. I am just another failure, a person who had dreams he never deserved and life barely worth keeping. Instead of being inspired by art and drawing, getting ideas and practice, I am busy having suicidal thoughts, which propably will last for long. Well, lets get to 7th depression year in a row. I should get out for a walk.. and find myself a perfect tree to hang on.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It is been quite some time since I picked up a pen and drew anything. Constand depression, negativity would discourage me to do anything. I can’t make myself to draw. It seem to be pointless. I cant make money with it and be proud or happy about it. In fact, I dont know if I can be happy about anything anymore. I made comissions in past, very few and more were abandoned than finished. I felt disatisfied, unable to draw what I was asked, feeling more pathetic. Art is not a joy or a time killer anymore, it is a chore and reminder of being a failure. “But your art is good! How can you not make money with it and be so unhappy?!”. Well, if I failed, then my art is nothing special and pointing out on how “skilled” I am is just making me feel worse, since even skill doesnt grant me any success. I am just another failure, a person who had dreams he never deserved and life barely worth keeping. Instead of being inspired by art and drawing, getting ideas and practice, I am busy having suicidal thoughts, which propably will last for long. Well, lets get to 7th depression year in a row. I should get out for a walk.. and find myself a perfect tree to hang on.
A08B417D-3838-4F6F-BD06-D242AFA025A7-2_1024x1024.jpeg

Suicide Hotline:
1-800-273-8255

I know I'm just some random schmoe, a NPC in your RPG. But I hope you hear me when I say "You are awexome. Your art is awexome, and you are a worthwhile human being.

It doesn't matter that you cannot currently make much money off of it. What is the measure of a man, but that which he brings into this world?

Yeah you draw some hentai, and that's not awexome. But man, and I say this without equivocation, you are one of the top 2 Icon Drawers here on this site. There is no one who has drawn as many icons as you, as Warcraft-ily as you. You can't kill yourself, because I need more Troll icons.

j/k. If you are in any way serious, know that there are people out there that care about you, and that your life is intrinsically of worth.

Hang in there, mate.

Level 28
I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling NF. It's been quite some time since I last read about your problems and seeing that they haven't changed much makes me sad. I can't give any advice since advice that would work for me probably won't for you and I suppose you're sick of advice anyway. I don't even know if I should be telling you not to suicide, it's your own life, but please don't. If you bring happiness to other people and even if very rarely to yourself, then you have value and your life is worth living.

Roland

R

Roland

I also suck at art, I never earn anything at art, but I keep myself positive as always. So @NFWar PLEASE Do not Loose hope!

The most insidious thing about depression is the fact that it destroys your motivation and enthusiasm, which in turn prevents you, in a way, of doing the things that lift your spirits. It compromises your coping mechanism, and so everything seems hopeless. You think of your future, and that thing called 'happiness' seems like an alien concept. It's a bitch of a situation to be in, isn't it? I know when I was at my lowest, the world appeared to have lost all colour. It reminds me a lot of that song 'End of the World' by Skeeter Davis.

I don't really know your story, so forgive me if I'm asking an obvious question, but have you tried talking to a psychologist? I, personally, dislike that kind of talking-therapy as it accomplishes nothing than just getting a stranger tell you what to do. I was like, "Since I'm depressed, I don't want to do anything, so how does that help?" Talking tends to be more effective on women, but everybody needs to vent once in a while, so it might help regardless. You could try 7 Cups and talk to a stranger who's there mostly to listen to you - but you can also find therapists there as well. If you don't want to do any of these things, try asking a friend to help you do that. Doing anything is hard under depression, so don't feel bad about asking for help, even if it seems insignificant.

Therapy isn't the only thing you can do. The best cures for depression are friendship, exercise and sunlight. Having a pet can also help alleviate depressive symptoms, as well listening to classical music (although I tend to find Mozart rather depressing so, eh, maybe skip that part). If you can crash at a friend's place/relative's place, this can help give you a fresher perspective. Environment does influence your mood, after all. These won't work instantly, of course, but can lessen feelings of hopelessness over time. If none of this is working, then you may have a chemical imbalance in your brain, which means it's time to get an appointment with a psychiatrist for medication.

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.