• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Next Texturing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Seems like all like buildings: so now it should just be the question: what to do with the buildings. :p

My suggestions (some are already mentioned) :

- transforming a standard wc3 building (or doodad) into a scifi (modern) building
- transforming a standard wc3 building (or doodad) into a building of another warcraft race
- transforming a standard wc3 building (or doodad) into a building of a specific other warcraft race

Here are some ideas for the next texturing competition:

Doodad pack - take one of those textures that apply to lots of doodads and make a fitting doodad pack out of it.
Original Species - convert a Warcraft unit into an entirely new race or creature that you have created yourself and that doesn't exist in any story, game, movie, etc.
Total Conversion - texture a warcraft unit in such a way that it resembles the original as little as possible. Preferably have the head in another place than it was on the original model, change the legs into something else, etc.
Race Conversion - The same theme as texturing competition #2, take a warcraft model and texture it to fit either the alliance, horde, scourge or sentinels. I think this is till fun and interesting and should provide useful skins for mappers.
Creeps - Same as above, but you have to convert something into a unit of one of the creep races, like ogres, centaurs, etc.
Animals - Convert a warcraft unit into a real world-animal. Could include anthropomorhpic characters as well.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Would it be completely biased to ask for trolls? x)

I guess it's a bit too limited.

Level 38
I actually wouldn't mind hosting a UI contest. Probably make it last 2+ months and offer more reputation for prizes to get a decent array of entries. With the time contests usually take to run, poll, and finish it could offer a greater % of time for work and cut back the time spent on judging and polling, as they wouldn't need to be extended as well. It would probably be really laid back, but hopefully with more time anyone who would desire to participate would be able to set aside the time to do so within the contest time frame.

I've heard trolls and undead brought up as well; I think doing a WC3 style horde theme (orcs, trolls, tauren, kodo beasts, everything in the horde faction in WC3) would be cool. (The WoW horde faction would be omitted from the theme, as it is extremely broad).
Also either an undead scourge or forsaken themed contest would be a possibility.

A lot of people are intimidated by a UI contest just because you have to skin several 512x512 textures. Yes it's big but most of that area is empty space - that's what people forget.

The minimap is empty. The main area where the hero/unit info goes is empty. The portrait box is empty. The inventory thing is mostly empty with thin gridlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.