• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Next skinning contest idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Wait a minute! back to this draenei thing... I think we NEED this contest, it would hopefully get good skinners into a much needed catagory "draenei," do to their lack of and peoples need of them, it would be the perfect way to get some good skins into wc3. if we did draenei I would be in it. I think I got some past encounters under my belt.

Level 17
No! we need the WoW kind, thats what we are in limited supply of... only a few are in use, and most of them are females -slaps self- The nice, good looking, smooth skinned ones would be a difficult task too, almost anyone can make an ugly, unattractive monster. I don't skin, so please tell me if I'm wrong about this....
-EDIT- Also, just wondering, but aren't the fallen also spelled differant?

Level 12
I think Draenai may be a bit restrictive?

I'll suggest a few:
  • Undead/Fallen (probably overdone)
  • Chaos/Demonic
  • Aqua/Sea/Oceanic
  • Desert/Barrens/Dunes
  • Nature/Forest/Jungle/Wilderness

What I think would be cool is to allow ppl to choose between two opposites like I've seen done before such as:
  • Desert/Barrens <<< --- >>> Aqua/Oceanic
  • Fallen <<< --- >>> Redeemed
  • Wildneress <<< --- >>> Order

You can enter a skin for each category, or simply just one, depending on which themes you like out of the two & how hard working you are

Sry if I'm repeating ones that have already been one.

Level 17
I saw a good Wow-like draenai pack over at wc3c.

What we're lacking is Wc3-style draenai.

As a minimodder I see models fly past me all the time. Not once have I seen a good wc3-draenai model. Only WoW-style females with breasts that are too large. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Those are my models with breasts that are too large, thank you very much! Anyways, that draenei pack is lacking, it has awsome buildings that I recomend, but there is still not anough models....

Level 18
Large breasts are..its generic of Wc3 models
Deal with it
The idea of having two skinning contests with opposing categories is a good one
Had alot of turnout when we did that over at Wc3C
I'd be up for that

Level 26
Hmm. It was something I was thinking for about the next modeling contest, but it could work here as well. Howzabout morphing units? We obviously can't skin a unit transforming (well, most of us couldn't x.X) , but we could make 2 skins of a unit in alternate forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.