• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Aeon of Strife] Next Generation Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

before I left mapping I was starting a map called NGD (Next Generation Defense).

Basically, it's a mix between:
- Aeon of Strife
- Defense of the Ancients
- The Great Strategy
- {insert_other_popular_maps_here}

Let me explain what I mean.

1.) You don't control your units/heroes directly. You have a controller unit who does that for you. Thus, you may only use one unit at a time.

2.) Your units get trained in a different way. They appear on their spots and once fully created "from transparent to normal" they will start to become alive and move to the opponent base (depending on the lane they start from).

3.) You have a builder who can build units for you.

4.) You can upgrade the units, like attack speed, attack damage, buy spells for them, increase the amount, decrease spawning time and such.

5.) You get a race specific hero which you can control, but not directly.

6.) AI players should be able to play with you as it's perfect for finding out new ways to make AI smart without giving them advantages (like in DotA with more gold/exp, that's just bad AI programming).

7.) Items will work as special skills on your controller unit.

8.) The gameplay will be more relaxed, units will have different action profiles, like spell rusher (casting spells as much as possible), teamplayer (supports gangs with other units) and such.

9.) The terrain will make you stunned while enjoying a smooth and relaxing gameplay.

Simply I am a little tired of fast paced action games.
For now it's just an idea. What do you think?

Ps.) I attached some alpha screenshots.

Attachments

• Starting.PNG
    Starting.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 156
  • Race_Overview.PNG
    Race_Overview.PNG
    928.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Races_First.PNG
    Races_First.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 187
  • Races_Second.PNG
    Races_Second.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 181
Level 26
I do not quite understand your ideas. The maps you referenced are all of aos type, except whatever the "insert any popular map"-line is about.

From your description, it sounds like Castle Fight/Lego Wars. You build spawners/raxes somewhere near the base or in an isolated area. The automatically produced units then run onto the lanes to face the enemy.

Heroes in your scenario do this, too, but you can somehow send them some restricted commands.

Give more detailed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.