• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Newb Questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have a question, that may sound newb ... but: How do I create a Haunted Gold mine, with gold ???

Well, you see, I found that if I create a haunted gold mine, it doesn't have gold ...
Here is the code I used:
JASS:
set x = -4600.0
set y = 1200.0
set mine = CreateUnit(p, 'ugol', x, y, 270) //creates UDmine
But the mine created has no gold..

Then I though," I know I will use a dummy!", but didn't went well.. the stupid dummy can't summon the dam mine, on a real mine ...

So, How do I do this ?

Level 6
I'm trying to teach him stuff like this. He overuses variables on certain things, and doesn't use variables for stuff he should, like unit and spell ID's.

Anyways, does the gold mine thing work?

Level 12
Similar to the subject

Instead of making a mine the way WE does it, how could you make a unit react to other units, the same way a mine would?
Perhaps making it invulnerable and its HP representing its worth in resource? (this would go for maps that have multiple minable resources)

I was thinking making a certain kind of action to change ownership of the resource (ways to do it are innumerable, from a region, to a building, to a spell cast)

But the way it would be mined, wouldn't it be sorta like a unit is ordered to move or attack, or something onto the mine-able unit, and when he reaches his destination, becomes hidden, then reappears some seconds later (configurable) with (hopefully it's a peon model)

A sack of resource on his back with orders to go back to a town hall
And then floating text to show resources have been dropped off

I was thinking about how the haunted mine + acolytes could be recreated through triggering

If anybody'd like to make the JASS code for something like that and some pictures, it would be interesting

Level 5
isn't a haunted gold mine just a normal gold mine with a skin on it? So find the skin in war3.mpq and use the skin for a normal gold mine?

Level 12
@Me or Flame?

Uhh, I'm talking more so about the code for the acolytes on the sides

But I supposed that'd work for Flames question

Level 5
yeah I meant flame. And about yours, it worth in resource would probably be better as point-value and floating text above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.