• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Somthing wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Infected Cell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Evolution
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Spirit Wolf (Level 1) using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Unit - Add a 0.10 second Generic expiration timer to (Last replaced unit)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Dire Wolf dummy for (Owner of (Last replaced unit)) at (Position of (Last replaced unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to build a Haunted Gold Mine at (Position of (Last replaced unit))
:hohum:
what is wrong in this trigger at first look nothing but when dummy unit spowns do nothing if i make dummy unit build in some region everything else but no haunted gold mine unit build it if i make to build gold mine he just stay and don't move but if i catch unit i can build but trigger no build.
Is there some problem with building on gold mines or what.
The point of trigger is when a (already builded haunted gold mine) cast ability to be changet to another building but with more slots for workers, i also try to add ability with more slots but set the gold in building to 0 (it's strange for me) so it's seems the only one way to make this is to make dummy unit to build another building but dummy unit wont make it this seems imposible to me if some one can solve my problem will be very nice
:ugly::con::bored:

Level 28
Aww.. the ability comparison makes sure that only the units are able to cast who have the (ability being cast) ;)

Whats the point of this trigger?
You mean, when the ability is cast, you want to evolve the caster with this wolf and after you want the wolf to build a hauted gold mine?
If so, be sure to enable the builder (here the wolf) to build the gold mine. because i think if he can't build that building if you haven't given the possibility (object editor) to do it.
Well i rewrote a trigger which should work. But it's not tested because we makes my comnputer crash -.-

The trigger i made for this looks like this:
  • Infected Cell
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Evolution
  • Actions
  • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Spirit Wolf (Level 1) using The old unit's relative life and mana
    • Set temppoint1=Position of (Last replaced unit)
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Create 1 Dire Wolf dummy for (Owner of (Last replaced unit)) at temppoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to build a Haunted Gold Mine at temppoint1
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint1)
Last but not least, i would make some cool effects which appear when the ability is cast ;)

Level 12
Starts the effect of an ability right after the ability is casted.
Begins casting the ability is right after you click the spell(or target) before any casting.
Maybe evolution does something, using the later will cause that something not to happen.

Level 9
So i will explain again there is some problem when order dummy unit to build haunted gold mine on the mine the unit just stay if i order the unit to build somthing else (farm) unit build the farm without problem but if i order to build haunted gold mine he just stay. Can some one who can work good with GUI to make triggger that order dummy unit to build haunted gold mine at point becouse it's looks imposible for me

Status
Not open for further replies.