• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Haunted Gold Mine Devoid of all Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backstory
So I was playing around today with implementing the naga in a test map to play with some friends on LAN, basically after a very raw implementation of their campaign form, I decided to change their way of mining gold to a "Haunted Gold Mine" version.

Summary of Goal
The goal was that the Gold Mine would be "Flooded" and 5 Naga Summoners would call the gold out of it like Acolytes.

The Result and Problem
Upon Construction the Gold Mine is set to 0 gold, the Naga Sirens stand there like they are mining (no animation however) but the gold mine never explodes or anything of the sort.

Notes
  • The Gold Mine is a DIRECT copy of the Haunted Goldmine
  • The Worker is a DIRECT copy of the Acolyte

Assumptions
  • The problem is NOT the workers (Gold Mine is lacking gold to harvest in the first place.

Map for Assistance Purposes:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
-Instructions: Upon startup choose Naga as your race.

It should be noted that if you may find it easier, you are welcome to contact me on Xfire.

(Formatted to help out a little, figured it might be a nice change to see a formatted post in this forum ;))

Level 21
I am having no problem.Sirens summon gold mine and then the they start gather it.
as for animation Haunted Gold mine requires Work animation so only workers do animations,

I have a problem that i can't make sirens to gather and murloc slaves still can gather gold so I don't even use sirens.

I am having no problem.Sirens summon gold mine and then the they start gather it.
as for animation Haunted Gold mine requires Work animation so only workers do animations,

I have a problem that i can't make sirens to gather and murloc slaves still can gather gold so I don't even use sirens.

They start to gather off of it fine, but are you gaining gold? And how much gold does the mine contain?

Level 21
Normal amount of gold (12500), and yes I am gaining gold.
But it is bad idea to haunt gold mine.If you have noticed when you start with naga gold mine is normal and you loose time to create haunted one.Make it so the goldmine is already haunted.But why did you do this anyway.Normal gathering gold is better.

Effect, honestly having little Mur'gul slaves gather gold didn't seem as good as having summoners siphon it out of a flooded mine.

I'm still working on starting if you need a Haunted/Entangled mine, have it working and such just not implemented yet (its simple really).

I also guess its should be noted: Do not build it FROM the Summoners, use the Mur'gul slaves to construct the building, and honestly I believe that may be the problem.

It does have a relatively customized model using effects and such, its a gold mine with the naga build animation (the giant water pit with tentacle wrapping around constantly) with little mana drain spots for the gathering spots.

To quote my earlier post, build it using the Mur'gul workers, not the Summoners.

Edit: GOT IT, apparently you cannot use an Orc build style to construct haunted gold mines, or it won't have any gold on completion, using the Undead Summon type build makes it work. Thank you for your assistance +rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.