• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Starcraft II Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I still think it's a shame that the Tauren Marines was just a joke :cry:
Although it would fuck everything up I just think it would be awesome to attack with an army of cows with plasma guns :grin:

Level 34
The poor banelings! Why are they so big?!

I have to say Protoss got the best looking update. Ultralisk look freaking sweet, but zerglings are a bit of a disappointment for me.

I still think it's a shame that the Tauren Marines was just a joke :cry:
Although it would fuck everything up I just think it would be awesome to attack with an army of cows with plasma guns :grin:

I think it is like an editor-only thing... It probably isn't in the Starcraft games, but it probably is an actual usable unit.
http://www.starcraft2.com/screenshot.xml?s=77

I don't know why everyone says the graphics look weird. I love them. I love the style and everything. I bet with a better camera angle it would look pretty fricken' sweet.

Level 19
The graphic looks sweet and cool. Have you noticed how gritty the terrans have become? They look even more cool now than they did on the announcement day! Also btw is the graphic settings on high? I think Karune said on one thread that it wasn't on the highest though I could be wrong.

Level 5
It look's great, i just wonder if my PC can run it. But i have a little question what the heck is that ''new'' zerg unit that is near the Overmind ?

Level 22
The graphics aren't bad if you saw the space platform terrain, so many props and cool terrain (btw the twilight looks very nice), but it is a bit more cartoony than necessary. Hopefully the cool FXs will compensate this. And I'm tired of waiting, they didn't make anything not for the end of 2007 but also for 2/3 of 2008. They can at least release smth like the roc beta (with the human castle main menu) in the fall.

Level 19
The graphics aren't bad if you saw the space platform terrain, so many props and cool terrain (btw the twilight looks very nice), but it is a bit more cartoony than necessary. Hopefully the cool FXs will compensate this. And I'm tired of waiting, they didn't make anything not for the end of 2007 but also for 2/3 of 2008. They can at least release smth like the roc beta (with the human castle main menu) in the fall.

Hope they will release an open beta anytime soon though. I'm also tired of waiting.

Level 24
Lol,

I talked to PurplePoot about it and I think that he thinks that it is going to be O.K too.

One of the issues is that it is going to take a while for custom models to reach the quiality of that of the SC2 ones.

About the screen shots I agree that the Zerg Gore was definiatly toned down some. I kind of like it this way. Before it was just too much. It was rather annoying that whenever you killed one Zergling there was nasty stuff staining up your nice Terran controlled ground.

Level 19
Lol,

I talked to PurplePoot about it and I think that he thinks that it is going to be O.K too.

One of the issues is that it is going to take a while for custom models to reach the quiality of that of the SC2 ones.

About the screen shots I agree that the Zerg Gore was definiatly toned down some. I kind of like it this way. Before it was just too much. It was rather annoying that whenever you killed one Zergling there was nasty stuff staining up your nice Terran controlled ground.

Hehe I was just joking lol. I think General Frank and EvilIllidanX will do pretty well at making models for StarCraft II.

Level 24
Meh, true but that is only two people.

There are not very many model makers of that high caliber. And they can only make models so fast.

This means that when it first comes out that there will be a delay before there are many good models.

It is likely that all of the early mods will use the original Starcraft models or low quality ones (Like in the screen shots).

So take a close look people you are likely to be seeing those for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.