• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terra-Tron

Status
Not open for further replies.
23372_SC2Screenshot-ZvZ-MarSara-BanelingsVsLurkers01_normal.jpg

doesnt look too "crispy" to me.

Some other tiles make it look crispy though. which is pretty neat.

Level 13
You have cliff-walkers, burrowed detection turrets, super units, man I don't know how but I really hope it works out nicely. Blizzard always does it well anyway
Super units? What? What super units? The only super unit is the Mothership and that ain't all that super anymore since it doesn't have Vortex/Black Hole and Planet Cracker anymore. The Queen isn't an unique unit anymore as you can build as many of them as you want. The Thor was never a super unit and at the current point it's just a huge Goliath (as in SC 1 Goliath).

Level 12
I wasn't too updated with it you see...

It just seems like they trying a little bit too hard to bring back the old starcraft style while adding new features, it's pretty messy in my opinion. But I guess everyone would get used to them, it would only be a matter of time.

I love starcraft, by the way.

Level 13
I'm quite happy that the Mothership is 1 only again, althought I wish it would gain the abilities it lost. The Queen should return back to 1 only state in my opinnion, just makes more sense.

The Thor however isn't and never even was a super unit. At first it was supposed to be a hardcore anti-ground unit built by the SCV. You could make more than one of them and they had that bombardment ability against ground. However Blizzard realized this overlapped the Siege Tank so the Thor web't back to the designing board. Now the Thor is built from the Factory if I remember correct and it's pretty much a frontline damage absorber for you troops. It's also anti-air unit with anti-air AoE attack which is effective against groups of weaker air units.

Status
Not open for further replies.