1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft 2 new Battlereport!

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by kingbdogz, Dec 20, 2008.

1. kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The Starcraft 2 website has started a new thing similar to command and conquers "Battlecast Primetime", it is called Battlereport. They released their first Battlereport in HD which is a 21 minute video of two players, Matt Cooper as Protoss and David Kim as Terran, play against each other on the new "Kulas Ravine" map with commentary by Dustin Browder and Robert Simpson.

[​IMG]

Watch it, it is very interesting and the Hellions and Marauders have a lot of potential as you can see in the video. Even the Colossus if balanced right seems very powerful. :D

2. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, I watched whole thing.

This stuff actually looks pretty much like Wc3 ladder just without heroes. I think it's better not to have heroes because they cannot be balanced good enough. For example Blade Master always wins Archmage, no matter what. And that's stupid.

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Update on the site. Finally.

4. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    What does the towers on the map do?

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heh, now the terrans are even more screwed. In sc1 they at least had firebats to counter zealots, now they don't have any defence against zealot rush.

6. Arvedui

Arvedui

Resources:
    Resources:
    I watched it and I loved it.

The towers give you an area of vision that's permanent, I think. Or they could be like the comsat station or w/e.

I can't wait till it comes out.. Alpha stage bah.

7. kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Not really, people that played as the terrans said that you can use the M&M combo (Marine and Marauder). You put the marauders at the front, slowing down the zealots and the marines at the back killing them. Marauders only do large damage on heavy armoured units like siege tanks or the colossus, so you use them as meat shields for light armoured units like zealots.

8. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zealots do look to be beasts against the Terran, but I have to say Marauders seem to counter everything the protoss have except Zealots so... Hopefully Protoss get more infantry units to fight with other than just Zealots and Dark Templar.

9. kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well so far the only good counter is the Immortal which comes late game, because their hardened shields would protect them from the Marauders bonus damage to armored units. They really need to fix Protoss because atm they get owned too easily late game.

10. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wasn't firebats one of the least used units? Only used against Zeals and lings? :con:

11. kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Anyway, they have Hellions which are ranged, better then bats, and have better damage and AoE. And they only require a Factory.

12. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I've just watched it, I didn't have time before. The game was awesome, I can't wait to see at least the beta version. I tought the Protoss dude is going to win, because he started off so nicely. In the beginning, the protoss seemed to have the adventage, those zealots are reeeally strong. They pwned the Marauders like hell, I think running with those marauders from the zealots was not a wise choice, since the zealots seem to be 10 times faster, not to mention the charge ability. The ending was great, the Terran dude nicely rushed in the base, and managed to split the protoss forces into two, therefore, he could pwn them easily. The game could have been longer tough.

13. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This way you must invest much more money than your enemy, especiallly if marines deal that crappy damage as they did in sc1. I think that marauder costs too much and is too weak to serve as meatshield.

They weren't much useful in late game yes. But in the early game they could save a terran player. With just marines you can't stop increasing number of zealots pouring in your base.

Before you build a factory, your base will be already full of zealots.

14. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The unfortunate thing is that we didn't see too much activity from the marines in that report, so marines could be more useful than in SC1. Zealots became a lot stronger, so marines are bound to have a new ability at least.

15. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hope so. The marines are similar to wh40k ones, but there they are the strongest standard soldier in the whole universe, while here they are puny weak expendable troops, beaten by any unit, more like guardsmen.

Did they even add some anti-rush measures like there are in warcraft?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  16. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well, we still gotta see the game at least in beta stage. I hope they are going to refit the marines with either a stronger armor or a new ability, because in that vid the marines had no chance against a zealot.

I hope they'll be relasing another battle vid soon, since we didn't see a lot of units in-action, like the Ghost or the Reaper. A game with a zerg player would be awesome, but I know they are 90% in developement.

EDIT: My biggest surprise was the sight of usable Xel'Naga buildings. I didn't know they'll be usable in skirmish games D:

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm.. Planetary Defense? Or what's it's called, the upgrade for the Command Center.
    I'm sure there's some way.

I also like the way of those destroyable rocks.. Could take some time for a Marine to take them down (2000hp).

18. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But the upgrade means that you will need to spend your precious time and resources in very early game.

19. kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well first of all the marines got a huge HP boost (forgot what number but the HP boost it got for a marine was really good) and they also got the new Shield upgrade that adds even more HP, that way you can use the HP shield for late game and it will make the marine useful in all stages of the game. The Xel Naga towers are towers that give visibility in an area to the closest unit's player. So if a red players unit is next to the tower it will power up and give vision in that area. Since there are only a few Towers in each map there is always a fight for the Towers.

20. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll steal some facts again:
    Terran Marine - Starcraft 2 Armory
    HP: 45 (5 more than in SC1!!! OMG!!!)
    HP with shield: 60. Now that's pretty good. (and quite cheap to research, 150 minerals and gas).