1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Rules & Policies for the Media Gallery

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    newpolicy.png
    When we first upgraded to Hive 2.0 (XenForo) we never imagined just how much our community would use the Media Gallery albums and the way you do it today :peasant-victory:
    Members are increasingly using the Media Gallery albums to showcase their various projects e.g. posting WIP's of their models and skins, screenshots of Warcraft 3 terrain, concept art, 3D animations etc. We absolutely love this! Keep them coming!
    However, we never established rules or guidelines for it. Because of this negelct some members started using the Media Gallery for image hosting, posting memes or simply uploaded pictures randomly found on the internet :peasant-confused:
    We never intended the Media Gallery to be used for the such purposes. Which is why we are introducing a new set of rules & policies for the Media Gallery albums - to clean it up!

WARNING - We will begin deleting images on July 10th (on hold for now) that violate the following rules. However, disciplinary action will not be taken against members that have uploaded pictures prior to these new policies.

UPDATE - We are currently working on a diffrent solution. But no guarantees yet.

Members of the Hive Workshop can create albums to upload pictures or embed videoclips. These pictures are all showcased in our Media Gallery and on your own profile page in your respective album.

The guidelines and rules listed below explain which content is allowed and/or prohibited when using the Media Gallery feature. The generel site rules still apply. Members of the Hive are encouraged to report any violation of these policies. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis.

ALLOWED CONTENT

Any content in relation to Warcraft or Starcraft is allowed. This includes but is not limited to:
    • Maps
    • Terrain
    • Spells
    • Models
    • Skins
    • Concept Art
    Other non-Blizzard related craft and artwork is allowed as well. This includes but is not limited to:
    • Drawings
    • Paintings
    • Sculpting
    • Graphic Designs
    • 3D Art

PROHIBITED CONTENT

IMAGE STORAGE / HOSTING

Do not use the Media Gallery to store images for URL's. Use our Pastebin instead for such purpose.

MEMES / RANDOM PICTURES
    Do not use the media gallery to upload pictures of memes or other random pictures you've found online. Use our Something Else board instead for such purpose. Any pictures that are found to be in violation of these policies will be deleted without warning. If your picture is deleted and you disagree with the decision, feel free to contact the administration team by posting in our Admin Contact forum.

In some rare circumstances the staff may allow a picture or video even though it doesn't adhere to the above policies

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What about gaming albums like mine?

Or about pictures related to Hive projects, artwork created with Inkarnate like worldmaps and loading screens?
    Also, what about Hive "memes", like moments that were born in Hive Chat?

The rule is not very clear on that.

3. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same goes to my albums at least, just like my non-Blizzard ones it seems like.

Dang. :cconf:

edit:
    note that i can't do Facebook or Twitter or anything to do all this... "media" stuff y'know. :am:

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    +Screenshots then.
    Also:

Anyways, I hope this won't go wrong.

5. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, I'm afraid that those have no place in the Media Gallery. Also I'm interested in hearing why you would use the Hive for those images? Pictures of random games? You could use the Pastebin for those images instead.

Depends on what you mean by "Hive projects". Well, worldmaps from Inkarnate, for instance, if related to a modding project it is allowed :)

Use the Something Else forum. However:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ohh i got scared for a moment when i saw the title because i've spammed the media board last week with my contents lol (although it is still W3 related so i dont think i violated something). Phew.

7. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No reason, really. Originally I started doing this in the old forum, removed the Album and brought it back to share some stuff.
    I know I could have used a thread in gaming/OT forum instead, I used the album because it could be kept far cleaner than any of the OT forums which tend to be spammed by people with nonsense.
    Which is a reason why I disagree with this rule, btw.
    I am not against stricter media rules but this pretty much targets people who have not done anything harmful in the Media section, which by the way, is still quite clean in comparison to others.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  8. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That amigo, is why we establish these new rules to prevent any random, irrelevant content.
    This is what is happening to the Media Gallery. Hence the new rules to clean it up.

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First, I am not your amigo.
    Second, there is no reason to talk down to me like that. I disagree with your rule, I did not personally attack you. If I wanted to personally attack you, I would say that you are only putting this rule in here because you want more attention for your terrain pictures, which I am not.
    If you want to "clean up", I advise you to take a closer look at OT first rather than the Media section.
    There is much more that required some work in comparison to the media gallery.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think you misinterpreted his post. For instance, I didn't see it like him addressing you pejoratively.

11. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I apologize. I meant no disrespect nor did I mean to talk down to you. I'm sorry for that misconception.
    However, now I must ask you to conduct yourself in a civilized manner. There is no need for such accusations which I guarantee you is not the case.

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Moderation on the media and albums? whoa..

well, when you folks get to me, can you tell me which images are not exactly meant to be there? because i do have a few that i would like keeping, if that's alright xP

13. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Speaking of that, @Misha.
    I might be scheduling Thursday tomorrow for me backing up memory (to history if i get a missing word in my life right) from inside of my media posts and images not meant to supposed to be on via the need of notepad (for texts) and/or snipping tool (for webpages of my media posts getting away from me during deletion) that during this badly while on computer to browser. :(

Your media posts to images might have comments in them, thus, they can missed horribly along everyone's posts rather.

14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright, apology accepted & returned. As I said, I was NOT claiming this to be the case.

Now, please also refer to the other half of my post as well.

In addition, I assume the rules apply to public and private albums alike?

15. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    susbcribing for the cringe :p

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can private ones be seen by anyone other than the one who created them? Because if they can't, there's no point in having them.

17. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The creator can set who can see it (as in by adding named users, not as in adding "groups" of users).

18. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think I will stop uploading memes, hot girls, non-warcraft stuff, and my loony bin stuff will be binned hahaha like a bin in a big bin.
    I will shut down my Loony Bin Album or the Album of the Loony.

Though, I could showcase wippy wippy and screenies of big ol' project of mine because sometime soon it will come to hive. :)

P.s.
    The nu rulez makes sense because hiveworkshop might be out of storage in storing a lot of non-warcraft pictures because cloud service might be expensive or maybe limited?

19. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The goal here is for the media section to look nice like the resource sections do. Off topic is well enough hidden for random crap to be going on in there.

But I see no reason to restrict the content in private albums though. I also would like Hive memes to stay in some manner.

20. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    the resource sections look nice?