• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Alternate Timeline Campaign

What do you think of the terrain?

• Perfect! Don't Change A Thing.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • More Than Satisfactory.

• Satisfactory.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Less Than Satisfactory

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Needs A Bit More Work.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
TO SEE A WORLD IN A GRAIN OF SAND

AN UPCOMING CAMPAIGN
Created by Xanur21

THE STORY BEHIND THE CAMPAIGN

Lordaeron. Brink of the Third War.

It is at this pivotal moment in time that Jaina has travelled back to in time, to save her beloved Arthas from his ever-encroaching dark fate. With the aid of new found allies - the Infinite Dragonflight - Jaina takes on this race against time itself, in an attempt to rewrite history as we know it.

FEATURES

# Part one of a Four-Part series
# High Quality Terrain
# Custom Heroes
# Custom Units
# Custom Races & Factions
# Custom Spells
# Expanded Inventory System
# Expanded Spellbook System

DISCLAIMER

Some of the content will be released in bits and pieces before the final assembly.

Feel free to use and edit the released content, with credits to me and the creators of the used content (models, textures, spell, etc.), of course.

Progress on the project has been delayed for some time, due to loss of some of the already created maps and content.

TERRAIN

RELEASED CONTENT

OTHER CONTENT TO FOLLOW

# Alternate Timeline - Arthas Never Becomes the Lich King - FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN ON THE CONVERSATION

CREDITS

IF YOUR NAME SHOULD APPEAR ON THIS LIST, AND IT IS NOT, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AND I WILL ADD IT.

DungeonM
fladdermasken

Daelin
Olofmoleman
Chriz.
xXm0rpH3usXx
Celestea
Nasrudin
aquilla
Mc !
Illidan
reinless
oBs3rv3r
Xios
sc_freak
abriko
JetFangInferno
iNfraNe
Whitehorn
Red XIII
HappyTauren
Herio-san
Illidan(evil)x
Born2Modificate
BlinkBoy
DungeonM
Talavaj
tobyfat50
oGre_
Born2Modificate
Deolrin
Tranquil
Sin'dorei300
Yusuf (WC Underground)

Keywords:
Alternate Timeline, Arthas, Jaina, Lordaeron, The Caverns of Time, Hearthglen.

Last edited:
Level 29
This seems interesting. This might change the entire course of history.
This seems awfully familiar with the 'Nightmares' part in the comics where Jaina decides to follow Arthas inhis vengeance crusade and in her attempt to stop him from becoming the Lich King she instead becomes the Lich Queen.

Level 5
This seems interesting. This might change the entire course of history.
This seems awfully familiar with the 'Nightmares' part in the comics where Jaina decides to follow Arthas inhis vengeance crusade and in her attempt to stop him from becoming the Lich King she instead becomes the Lich Queen.

I've been thinking that maybe during the campaign, Jaina would become the vengeful one, and not let anything, or anyone, stand in her way.

I want the campaign to start off in the Caverns of Time, where Jaina would launch an all-out assault on the Caverns, with the aid of the Infinite. During the assault, she'll be countered by the Bronze Dragonflight, as well as the other factions, eventually forcing her to take the lives of some of her closest companions for the sake of achieving her goal. But I don't think I'll go that far as to let her take up Frostmourne.

I want to establish this new vengeful, bitter personality from the first map. Make it clear that she doesn't take any BS. I saw a glimpse of the type of personality that I want for her during the cinematic where Vol'jin is made the new Warchief. I kind of want to go with that bitter, angry person, only now fueled by the loss of her true love and a bleak future.

I also started another thread a while back, where we've tossed around a few ideas for this campaign, if you want to check it out: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/alternate-timeline-arthas-never-becomes-lich-king-269257/

Level 28
The problem I have with screenshots like these is that they show the terrain from the best possible angle (probably Editor screenshots); they don't tell me anything about what the player actually sees ingame (unless you have a camera System and these are from the actual ingame perspective or cinematics).

Level 5
The problem I have with screenshots like these is that they show the terrain from the best possible angle (probably Editor screenshots); they don't tell me anything about what the player actually sees ingame (unless you have a camera System and these are from the actual ingame perspective or cinematics).

It is not at all my intent to mislead anyone about the content or quality of my map. I do understand your point, and thank you for pointing it out.

At this stage I can't really post any in-game screenshots, because I don't have any other in-game content (i.e. Cinematics, Characters, etc.) other than the terrain itself. I haven't decided whether I'm going to use camera systems or stick to the original camera, but there will be cinematics.

I've managed to upload the map, you're welcome to check it out for yourself:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/caverns-time-template-269429/?prev=status%3Dp%26u%3DXanur21

Jaina was never angry by loss of Arthas, she was more confused and broken. The only reason she became what she is today in WoW, because of death of many countless lives that died when Theramore was destroyed and attacked. Theramore was her home, she was born there. This sparked the final boundaries to hate Horde to the point when she became consumed by vengeance and hatred.

She already was bitter at Horde for killing her Father during Wc3 TFT Orc Campaign, but she knew that it was for the sake of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.