1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Rules & Policies for the Media Gallery

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Galadgod

Galadgod

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll have to bid farewell to the good ol' chat memes. Godspeed you magnificent bastards. You shall remain in the hearts of at least four or five people.

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is literally the fourth from the top on the forum list page. How is that better hidden than the media tab?
    I am not saying that OT should be censored, but I fail to see how the media suddenly became a problem simply because some people take it too far with the uploads while the OT is FAR messier.
    It seems a bit hypocritical to me.

^This

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think because, as opposed to Hive 1.0, here images appear one after the other in chronological upload order and basically everyone is exposed to non-site related material.

4. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe there should be an option to choose whether your image appears in the media gallery or not. If not then it should just contain within ones' own personally gallery, just like in the older days.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not a valid argument.
    The "New Posts" tab does the very same by presenting things that people may or may not be interested in.

At the same time, it serves to show people new things, things they may not even know yet that
    they might/might not interest them.

Yes, the media tab is doing this more "offensively" but "New Posts" is doing just the same.

I feel that this new rule is way too strict in its current form and is actually damaging Hive's progress
    as a website. Yes, we are WC3 focused, but why should I not be able to share other games?
    I mean, sure, I can use a pastebin for that kind of shit, but there is no comment or similar function
    there. The pastebin, for me at least, is a place to temporarily store stuff or things that are not
    ready to go "public" yet. For stuff that is not supposed to be commented on or anything it is good
    but the pastebin, again for me at least, is NOT the place to share stuff with others.

^That.
    Seperate the albums from the media rather than have albums be part of it.
    Perfect solution imo.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, and those who won't comply, will be sanctioned.

HiveMemesGaladgodProtection.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  7. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, to be frank, no there isn't. Because Off-Topic is, as the name states, off-topic i.e. anything that doesn't suit any other forum goes there. It's meant to be that way, while the media section isn't.
    Go to Gamer's Hub to discuss other games. If that doesn't cover it, talk about it in Off-Topic. And if that doesn't cover it either, then perhaps consider joining a site where your game is in focus. The Hive is first and foremost a Warcraft 3 modding site.
    I strongly disagree. If you think this new rule is damaging to the site's progess. Well check this: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/media/thetease.125473/ - and guess again...

The above media is a perfect example of what will be purged.

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    compared to the randomness of the album/media, and some actually inappropriate images.. well, yes, it is nicer .u.

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Archian I love how you always reply only to parts of my posts & completely ignore other
    points I made - and posts from other people too.

10. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now THIS is what you should post in the meme section

I get the nsfw stuff and other inappropriate things being a issue,but is sharing screenshots from other games really a problem? Do i really need to make a new thread every time want to share a screenshot of how shit Razosh is at HotS?

Archian is Arthas confirmed

Archian:We're too late,this entire media section must be purged.
    Galadgod:I'm sorry Archian,I can't watch you do this

Ok but seriously,@Archian ,what about @A Void 's suggestion? That way everyone gets what they want.You get a cleaner media section and can purge any nsfw or inappropriate stuff that slips through,and Shar gets to upload screenshot of his diamond sword on minecraft

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually more like this:
    [​IMG]
    (courtesy of @Galadgod, still accurate)

But I agree that the solution suggested by @A Void would be a way to make everyone happy.
    Ralle would only need to adjust XenForo settings.

Attached Files:

12. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    poor san,he is getting bullied more than Galadgod is being bullied by this announcement

13. San

San

Icon Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  14. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can see why they want to keep the gallery clean, personally, I avoid it like the pest because it is filled with random crap I don't care about so I guess I am a part of the target audience.

Doubt these rules will solve it for me though.

Also hilarious that you choose to meme in a thread which bans memes. Well played.

16. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    this is the best thing ever. I just use media for my projects. Most of people do it for that. Too many non-warcraft posts there and it becomes annoying for me. I saw many posts about other games, personal toys, bonded girls etc. Lets clean them all!

17. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will have to look into this.

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    .. you guys are always going off the deep end.. :/

19. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I hope the Terrain Board/Arts section is at the media section though, and i agree with him the albums should really be separated from the media.

20. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    unless someone's project is converting everything to super hd i doubt you'll care much lol

So far the replies seem fine to me,nothing hostile or unreasonable.Just voicing our disapproval on a public forum,and even offering alternatives.

and shit posting of course