• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Khadgar model wip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
So I made Khadgar model today and it would be great to hear some opinions and suggestions. First, I need suggestion for the animations, what animations should I use? In game ones, that is. Khadgar Screenshot.png
My plan was to rig it to orc shaman model and use its animations, where he attacks with hands, just like Kael does. I will transfer some other fitting animations aswell.

Level 50
The proportions need a little work. Those legs are a bit thin, and the feet are puny. It looks like his forearms are surprisingly short. His head is also a bit too round.

Other than that, I like it. Great work.

Yeah, I fixed the legs laterv I don't know what's wrong with the head, maybe I should move it up a little. The face doesn't seem so unique, you make every head of your model unique, but mine still looks like Proudmoore, because I used that texture. Don't know how to make it more look like Khadgar.

Level 50
I'd suggest the Furion animations with some medivh anims. They should work well for every caster with a staff.

But there's always the option to create new animations from scratch, you know? ;)
It's fun! Give it a try!

Ih, I tried, believe me. It's just Mdlvis is so buggy when it comes ti rigging and animating, it crashes my models very often. Last night I couldn't finish the rigging because f crashed...

Level 21
Aren't Medivh, Malfurion, Druid of the Talon, have pretty much the same animations?

Other than that it's good to have a Khadgar model.
Someone could make a map for WoW, or even a Campaign as well.

Level 34
Well hello there!

First off, this is awesome. As for the animations - i suggest sticking to the usage of 1.39 mdlvis, i have managed to finish a couple of custom animations in it. It ain't buggy if you make the animations linear. I think that the best option is malfurion, but who knows.

But i see a small problem with the model - i think wc3 has a very specific way of presenting cartoon proportions and your model certanly doesn't fit in with them too well. But, afterall, Direfury made so mane models with proportions done this way that it might be considered a new trend. But i'd still suggest trying the bigger head and feet\smaller head route, just in case it does work out. Scaling is one thing that is certanly not broken in mdlvis.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
The latest version is 1.40 i belive. The .39 version is more stable when it comes to work with animations. .40 is better in terms of working with mesh but unbeareable when it comes to animations.
Hm, two versions.

Just checked, it appears I have v1.4, which I guess is good (since I only ever work in mesh; too scared of trying to mess with animations). But you're saying if I ever were to work with anims, I should pick up v1.39? Where can I get the less-than-latest (that) version?

(I'd make this a VM but you disabled those, so OFFTOPIC woohoo)

Level 7
I'd highly suggest tweaking the proportions so that it fits in more with the WC3 art style, and also just giving him Medivh's animations -- complete with transforming into a bird.

He WAS Medivh's apprentice, after all, so it's only fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.