• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Will we have the opportunity to get rid of Rath?
Wish Blen will gut that fur hole for good.
:rolleyes:
So in this book, i would assume that, the golden guard has not killed blen and Aedale reaches blen with his karskin commander. Since there is a interlude in the second human book whereas they arrived late and blen was killed.
In the Second Orc Book did not run for the capital of Kerrel, he, Harmos and Aedale got seperated
and retreated to a nearby castle as Rath rode after them (which he did not in the Second Human Book).
And this castle will be the place where Chapter Six takes place.

Level 10
By the way, hello Shar, good to see you back in your element.
You keep producing the chapters rather quickly lately. Planning on keeping up the pace or would you prefer to rather slow down...?

Level 22
Either way, looking forward for the demons again in every chapter :D
I don't think the demons will be prominently featured in the second orc book.
The conquering of Salria and formation of the Tribal Dominion will be the book's highlights, in my opinion. The orcs can't bother to fight the demons, considering how occupied they will be.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
By the way, hello Shar, good to see you back in your element.
You keep producing the chapters rather quickly lately. Planning on keeping up the pace or would you prefer to rather slow down...?
I am currently a bit on a roll, yeah, but I had some time lately, not sure how this will continue.
Don't count on me throwing out three chapters every three weeks, I am pretty sure I cannot keep up with that pace. :p
I don't want to rush things, it just went pretty well with the first five chapters.
Chapter Six is going extremely well too, but again, that can change for future chapters as
the chapters grow as time flies by.

I am pretty sure you would not want me to rush either as that can only result in chaos and bugs
and stuff. ;)

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
I have gone insane.gif

You guys are going to love this one no seriously. It's not quite THERE yet but we're almost there.

Level 22
Shame... 4 good items and a very good ability we may never use again in this book wasted on a moron. Well, at least we indirectly helped the demons and the empire by killing Greymoore.(Assuming that was your choice)
Also, Rath died in the process, so, we technically have a win-win-win situation for the 3 races?
Btw, does attacking the Kasrkin in the FOB change Blen's stance on the orcs after he kills Rath or does he still say "I won't fight you"?

Level 10
Did not see that coming. Love it though. Blens first ability description says 0 armor 0 damage bonus, a little bug there.
How is Blen´s death a win for the empire? Hes the one who can reign Aedale in.

Level 22
Largoth doesn't really control the empire in my opinion. The dark entity does, since he is the one who manipulated Theodor into doing everything he did and will do. At least judging from what Brian told us.

Level 10
2nd human book golden guard ending showed that Largoth IS Theodor the II at least at the end of it.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Chose Blen, because screw Rath.
But Im still unsure of how it will come to pass later on. Like I know there isnt a 100% right answer to Brian's question, I do think I took the obvious solution. And what if that obvious solution is the wrong one? I guess we won't know until chapter 10 or something.
Edit: could someone spoiler-tag me the other scenario? Too lazy to replay the chapter :p

Level 22
could someone spoiler-tag me the other scenario? Too lazy to replay the chapter :p
There is no need for spoilers in this thread, so:
Greymoore charges at you with a lot of knights and elites, you kill them and then him. Rath should feel overjoyed, but instead feel empty, having lost all purpose. Harmos and Aedale regret not having arrived earlier. After that Harmos casts a strong firespell, killing Rath and by the looks of it setting the entire castle on fire. After that Lokar says the usual and the chapter ends.

Level 10
Okay, I just finished playing chapter 6 of the second Orc Book. Apparently, it is better if you choose Blen over Rath when Rath reaches Blen. I've tried both outcomes and whatever you choose, Rath dies primarily because that other raider hero betrayes him. If you choose Rath's side, Rath kills Blen and then gets burned alive by his allies who betrayed him and on top of this, Harmos and Adeale swear to hunt down every single orc. As it seems they will provide lots of trouble in later chapters, I suppose. However, if you Choose Blen, Rath also dies in single combat agains Blen, but Blen says that he will focus on the demons now and leave the Orcs alone.
So just choose Blen and make your life easier.

Level 4
I have unclear thoughts, in chapter 6, is harmos already the Grandmaster of the fire order? Because he already had an army when we fight him.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I have unclear thoughts, in chapter 6, is harmos already the Grandmaster of the fire order? Because he already had an army when we fight him.
I think thats one of the differences between second human book and second orc book. Unlike first books, where we basically witnessed the same events from different perspectives OR got to see "behind the scenes" for one race while playing on the other, 2nd books appear to have less in common and possess huge alterations in events' department.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Harmos and Adeale swear to hunt down every single orc.
They hunted the remnants of Rath's forces, they did not say they would hunt down every
Orc in existance.

Harmos always was a high-ranking member of his order, even before being the grandmaster he held
quite some influence. He also had many friends in the order. He called for his order to support him,
the Order of the Flame did not retreat into its fortress because Harmos has not even been imprisoned
in the Second Orc Book (because he never went to the capital of Kerrel to be arrested with Blen and Aedale).

The betrayal still takes place, btw, in the absence of Harmos and many mages.
Some events still overlap, but the stories are not exactly the same, you need to remember that. :)

The Second Books have more differences than the First Books had.

Level 10
They hunted the remnants of Rath's forces, they did not say they would hunt down every
Orc in existance.
So does that mean no matter whom you choose, the outcome is still the same in later chapters? If not, can you tell me what's the outcome for both choces?

Level 4
Grella's starrain is friendly fire is this intended?
And also, nerf the food cost of shieldbearers, their upgrade is too powerful to cost them 1 food.

Level 22
It was a bit confusing to grasp the race mechanic at first, but by chapter 8's end and a lot of grunts dying at the hands of commander Thorn later, it was pretty easy to understand.
Not much to comment on the story, except that splitting up like that while you need to continue your attacks was a bit stupid. Extra forces are nice and all, but humans have 20 times the recovery rate of the orcs. This will cost the future to be dominion dearly. I can already think of at least 2 character who may die soon due to this mistake. ;)

Level 10
I saved before trying any key, and if it spawns creeps, I load and cast the key aside. Turns out the blood key is the right one (correct me if I'm mistaken cuz I might have forgotten).
the item that you find is quite decent on Zairmack. I hope we get him in later chapters, otherwise I'll lose that item.

Level 4
Buff the hero on the bloodstone dwarf located on the bottom right in chapter 9. Can pretty much destroy their base with the transform food cap bug. Maybe atleast give him an orb to attack the air units and make him level ten.
And thanks for the feature/bug :DDD

Level 29
Ok I now played the two chapters correctly I can give my opinion.

Glad to see that Sasrogarn is so well-liked. By the way, where in the world is he after the battle ended?

Wow, humans just keep giving more and more reasons for us to like them. Burning civilians that were simply coexisting with the centaurs? That is a new level of low.

They could use this for their advantage. Show the civilians what happened and offer them the chance to live peacefully after the Dominion takes over Salria. Some could even join them as volunteers.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Wow, humans just keep giving more and more reasons for us to like them. Burning civilians that were simply coexisting with the centaurs? That is a new level of low.
That's the Redfist, not Salrians or any Kingdom or Gardon or the "main" part of the Empire but I get your point. :p
Redfist still deserves his BestDadOfTheYear-cup he got for him caring about Aedale am I right?!

Level 22
By the way, where in the world is he after the battle ended?
Probably partying and lying to himself that he did something useful. :p

They could use this for their advantage. Show the civilians what happened and offer them the chance to live peacefully after the Dominion takes over Salria. Some could even join them as volunteers.
According to the timeline, that will happen. If it doesn't and they decide to kill them all instead, Salria will switch it's new owners rather quickly.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

The thing I liked about first trilogy was that first books complemented each other. While I like that SOB has far deeper differences with SHB, I cant help but wonder will those deeper differences lead us into a scenario, where we can get that "behind the scenes" for SHB. I know there are short strories, which answered a lot of questions (at least for me), but the undead presence in SHB was a bit too shady (while them acting in the open, the irony), which is their way of doing things, no doubt. But thats why I hope second book trilogy will hold onto the tradition of "complementing each other".

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Aridon and Brian in this book are actually working together.
=)

Don't know if I should be mad or happy that those ancient relics showed up.
Well, at least I can see them having a big indirect role in Rangul's death. Do something useful for once. If they don't, then Volarian will kill him sooner or later anyway.
Ah, that is just your hate for the ending of the Second Human Book speaking. You are too far in the future, my friend. :)

The thing I liked about first trilogy was that first books complemented each other. While I like that SOB has far deeper differences with SHB, I cant help but wonder will those deeper differences lead us into a scenario, where we can get that "behind the scenes" for SHB. I know there are short strories, which answered a lot of questions (at least for me), but the undead presence in SHB was a bit too shady (while them acting in the open, the irony), which is their way of doing things, no doubt. But thats why I hope second book trilogy will hold onto the tradition of "complementing each other".
They are going to compliment each other for sure, but there are bound to be a lot of differences, both minor and major.