• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New City: Gryphonwing Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Currently I am working on terraining an elven city. This will be a city inspired on a picture I found on this forum with some changes. It's currently going pretty well however I lack a few doodads for it which I can't find on hive.
I added the picture of the thing I'm trying to create and 3 other pictures from what I've made already.

Edit:
Added 2 more pictures from how it's looking right now.

Attachments

• wallpaper_atlantica_online_autumn_02_1900x1080.jpg
    wallpaper_atlantica_online_autumn_02_1900x1080.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40,662
  • UnderDev1.jpg
    UnderDev1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 712
  • UnderDev2.jpg
    UnderDev2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 592
  • UnderDev3.jpg
    UnderDev3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 565
  • UnderDevIV.jpg
    UnderDevIV.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 537
  • UnderDevV.jpg
    UnderDevV.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Level 1
Currently I am working on terraining an elven city. This will be a city inspired on a picture I found on this forum with some changes. It's currently going pretty well however I lack a few doodads for it which I can't find on hive.
Make a sticky thread in this forum telling everything you need. It may help you out.

The first picture is great. Make that one in Warcraft & it will be Epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Make a sticky thread in this forum telling everything you need. It may help you out.

The first picture is great. Make that one in Warcraft & it will be Epic.

Good point:wink:
Making that after dinner:grin:

Edit: ofc I ment the sticky thread:p

Last edited:
Level 19
Added 3 new screenshots of the Elven city. I'm still working on it and alot of things have to happen but here's a small preview.

Level 8
lol, 1st one's from atlantica.

2nd and third ones are EPIC. 4th and 5th are very nice. but... are there support columns? how could the city just "stand" there?

Level 19
lol, 1st one's from atlantica.

2nd and third ones are EPIC. 4th and 5th are very nice. but... are there support columns? how could the city just "stand" there?

Good point, but I'm still working on it ofc.
I had the plan to add 'upside down' Sunken temple rocks under it to make it look like it's floating. Maybe with some special effects and some random floating rocks around the city.
I also used some pillars as 'torches' with green special effects above them since it wouldn't be very wise to use fire in a tree village.:p

Level 19
Wow, awesome.
Great idea. But what are those green glowing tower like things on the 4th picture?

Those are "Torches". Because the city is built in a tree you can't expect torches with real fire on it. So I made up this; pillars with some sort of a green glowing rune on it that enlightens the area.

Level 19
Did you make it yourself?
Or did you import it?

But Torch... isnt really elvish. Even in ""s
Better use something like... Elven Light.

It's a pillar from Ultimate Terraining map with 2 special effects above it. The Tranquility buff and the Rejuvenation buff.

Yeah well I just used the word torch there, but in the ORPG it won't even get a name. It's just a normal part of the city.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

wow, howd u get that bridge to float? (doesn't look like the normal bridges.)

Level 19
2 more recent pictures.
Added more live as you can see, though I still gotta add more villagers etc.

EDIT: Added a 3rd pic so you can see the map of Oakwood Forest in a miniature version. But this is basically how the map looks like in real. The flags will tell you where Defiler (undead, dark elf), Bloodbane (Orc, Troll) or Gryphonwing (Human, Dwarf, Elf) camps are. Maybe you already recognise some parts from pictures.:grin:

Attachments

• Gryphonwing1.jpg
    Gryphonwing1.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Gryphonwing2.jpg
    Gryphonwing2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Gryphonwing3.jpg
    Gryphonwing3.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.