• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Blizzard Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Posted by Callahan
Wrong argument

Not more than a sequel of their current game.I mean fans of war3,wow,starcraft and diablo are by extension blizzard's fans too.
And + it poke up the curiosity,it change,it bring something new etc...
And every businessman knows making countless sequels will tire the customers.
+ it will never be warcraft 4.They alrdy focused too much on warcraft®.It would be a unprodictive for the business.

Argument refuted.

Hmmm......well, look at what Blizzard has done lately. They started a new thing with Starcraft: Ghost, and then it fell down and died. They started a new thing with WoW, and WoW is annoying, addictive, and generic. So Blizzard appears to be not very good at starting new things.

Now look what happened when they announced a sequal to Starcraft. Everyone is thrilled. Overall, I think that Blizzard will stay away from new things for now...............

WC4!!!!!!!!!

Level 7
Maybe if we all send identical E-Mails to Blizzard asking for WC4 their servers will crash, thus losing all data for WoW and forcing them to create a new game because nobody wants to play WoW anymore because of the crash. Oh, and it crashed their SC and WC-WCIII servers.

Level 26
Maybe if we all send identical E-Mails to Blizzard asking for WC4 their servers will crash, thus losing all data for WoW and forcing them to create a new game because nobody wants to play WoW anymore because of the crash. Oh, and it crashed their SC and WC-WCIII servers.
I think they would restore the previously made game servers first. Either that or they quit and go out of business. Either way, they're Blizzard. They'll send their henchmen over to crash our servers before we crash theirs.

Level 26
Final Fantasy of course is an obvious exception, and this can easily be attributed to the fact that besides reuse of names and themes, the games in the series have little to do with each other.

-*meow*
Indeed they don't. One can look at the first FF with fighter and black mage and stuff, compare it with FF7, and go "What the F#@%?"

Level 15
You people are deluded idiots.

Just because you don't like a game, doesn't make it a bad game.

I hate football. Is it bad? A billion people have different feelings.

You don't like Wow, yet its the most subscribed game ever. It can't be a bad game to hold such a title.

I often hold to the philosophy that popular opinion or democracy never works, because the world has a majority of idiots. Unfortunatly I'd group you with them, so you can't use my argument.

Level 26

You don't like Wow, yet its the most subscribed game ever. It can't be a bad game to hold such a title.

I often hold to the philosophy that popular opinion or democracy never works, because the world has a majority of idiots. Unfortunatly I'd group you with them, so you can't use my argument.
Relentless positivity and hospitality aside, might I suggest a quote button as to which comment of opinionated WoW hatred you are referring to?

Level 8

Just becuase people don't agree with you does not mean they are deluded idiots. Furthermore, there are many flaws in WoW, the most prominent of which is that it is massively overplayed. Sure it's a good game, but it doesn't deserve 8 million users. WoW is sucking people away from other, better games. Also, in the future, please try to make your arguments more polite.

Level 8
I read your sig. You don't deserve a nice reply since you are stereotyping, inventing statistics and blatantly exaggerating.

Just like your post really.

Ok, number one, my sig is not in any way related to my argument. You're grasping at straws.

Number two: stereotyping? Again, not related to the matter at hand.

Number three: Inventing statistics? Excuse me. I said that 8 million people play it; you yourself said this. And it is true; look it up.

Number four: Blatantly exaggerating? In what manner? It is true that many people left WC3 to play WoW, and it is true that there are people who are addicted to WoW. There are WoW Addcicts anonymous groups online.

Number Five:

You don't deserve a nice reply
That's just rude.

You might also want to look at the site rules.

Flaming
Flaming Deliberately hostile or insulting messages may not be posted under any circumstances. Flaming should be reported and may be severely punished.

Trolling
Trolling The act of posting inflammatory messages is not permitted. Trolls will be severely punished.

Community Friendliness
The Hive is a friendly community: all users are expected to treat one another with dignity and respect.

Offensive Material
The posting of racist, nazi, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, sexist, sexually-orientated, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive material is expressly forbidden. Violators will be punished most severely.

Level 15
Stereotyping: You think WOW players play too much. Some people actually have lives AND play the game. Sure, some truenting kids and lazy adults sit on it all day, but that is true of ANY entertainment medium.

Inventing statistics: Reference to your silly signature quote.

Exaggeration: Your entire post. I wasn't being rude, I was stating the truth about certain posters' mental states. Their sense of logic is clearly retarded.

Saying WOW is sucking players from Wc3 may be true, but calling it a better game is clearly opinion. Some people still play both, but generally games get better, so players upgrade.

I'm surprised you even defend Warcraft 3, considering the content of your signature.

it doesn't deserve 8 million users

That's just rude.

Level 26
the "deliberately insulting" part is broken by many, many people every day, with no consequential action, users and mods alike. it is therefore safe to assume that those parts of the rules are only intended for excessive behavior.

Level 8
*sigh*... let me explain...

Diablo 3 is NOT going to happen, and never will. Blizzard North (the creators of the Diablo games) left Blizzard Entertainment. Ever heard of Hellgate: London? It's getting made by some of the Blizzard North guys and is supposed to be Diablo III. So Diablo III is out of the question.

Hellgate: London is NOT Diablo 3 however, Blizzard still owns that series, so there is nothing to stop them from expanding on North's work.

EDIT: wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I must have been veiwing page 3 on accident or something.

Level 12
We don't need another WC4. I'm sure everyone is tired of the Warcraft fandom, and Blizzard needs a break from it. Besides, their main team is working on SC2, the same ones that made WC3. Do you really think we need a bad quality sequel to the franchise from a new team?

If it's World of Starcraft... wait, don't even think about it.

Diablo 3 seems the most likely choice. With all the rumors about Blizzard North hiring, there's a chance they have D3 in mind. Besides, the franchise doesn't seem to be ready to die.

The third possibility is an entirely new franchise. I'm assuming because the official site has been hiring employees for a "next gen MMO." Whether that means a WoW2 or D3 or something completely different, I wouldn't know.

I have no other guesses what else it could be.

Level 36
They obviously aren't going to have any of that shit yet, moron. The game hasn't been officially announced and out of nowhere they're just going to post a release schedule? I don't think so. Even if the game was officially announced, they aren't just going to say, oh we're releasing it on mm dd yy, so look out for it then. Of course not. They have no idea when the game is going to be released, only that it's under development.

We just know that Diablo 3 is going to be at E3, since the proof already provided shows us that, so if the game is going to be at E3, then it's naturally going to be under development.

Level 15
Since they haven't announced it, there's no 'release schedule' yet. However, not only is there sufficient evidence (job recruitment, imagery, interviews) but the dark powers that be have spoken sufficiently to confirm it.

Starcraft 2 has been announced, but it has no release schedule. So you're asking for something pretty stupid for proof.

Anyway, believe us or not that it IS Diablo 3. We'll be 'telling you so' after Blizzcon if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.