• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Blizzard Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
"E3 Exclusive: Blizzard Establishes Third Team, New Game Expected"

Talking to Gamasutra, Frank Pearce, founding member and senior vice president of product development for Blizzard revealed that the company has a third team hard at work on a new title, separate from World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

The comment came amid discussion of the company's current workforce. "Our global headcount is 2,700," said Pearce, "And most of that is customer service for World of Warcraft! In terms of development staff it’s probably around 350. World of Warcraft is about 135 people, 40 for Starcraft II, 40 for team 3, our cinematics team is about 85 guys. Then there’s sound and Q/A and that sort of thing."

When pressed for details regarding the new project, Pearce was cagey. "Team 3 is working on something really awesome. I can’t give you any hints, but it’s totally awesome."

All attempts to extract additional information were understandably met with looks of shock and horror from Blizzard's director of global public relations, who also attended the meeting.

Gamasutra was able to confirm that, in spite of Rob Pardo's comments at Hollywood and Games that they weren't giving up on StarCraft Ghost, this Blizzard project remains something different. With Blizzcon coming up in mere weeks, it's possible that additional information could be revealed at that time.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14691

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

God please no, no modern militarycraft. That would suck so bad.

I would like a new RPG, I think Blizzard could make a very good one. Knowing them though they'll stick to online multiplayer games.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

But I don't want an MMO, I want just an RPG.

Level 24
I'd like to see something that drags together all their obviously related game universes together. I'd so love to see zerglings get turned into sheep in a shiny new game. Very unlikely, though.

Level 36
God please no, no modern militarycraft. That would suck so bad.

I would like a new RPG, I think Blizzard could make a very good one. Knowing them though they'll stick to online multiplayer games.

If they took like the WoW game mechanics, single-playered them up a bit, threw in a good story, an expansive world, mind blowing graphics, yada yada...

Then you might just have a competitor for Mass Effect.

It would be great for Blizzard to do an RPG because I think they could /win at it.

Level 24
It would definitely expand the territory they have footholds in. Possibly add to the list of territories they have completely stolen from the rest of the industry.

Level 7
*sigh*... let me explain...

Diablo 3 is NOT going to happen, and never will. Blizzard North (the creators of the Diablo games) left Blizzard Entertainment. Ever heard of Hellgate: London? It's getting made by some of the Blizzard North guys and is supposed to be Diablo III. So Diablo III is out of the question.

Warcraft IV is NOT going to happen, and never will. As you can tell, the Warcraft storyline is progressing in WoW. Illidan died, Blood Elves joined Horde, ect. The only possible way that they could make a Warcraft IV is if Blizzard decided to make a Warcraft storyline progressing from Warcraft III but didn't have anything to do with World of Warcraft's storyline (Blood Elves not joining horde, ect.). I guess if Blizzard really wanted to do that idea then they would... but I HIGHLY doubt it.

It is obviously going to be a whole new Blizzard game. End of story.

Level 14
diablo3wtfign4mk-thumb.jpg

53905-1.jpg

lol

Level 36
Actually it would be more like there will never be another LotR book even though Tolkien died.
Which is still wrong, after his death his son wrote another book. Or finished it at least.
--donut3.5--

In fact he wrote over 16 books by compiling togethet his Fathers manuscripts... including the latest release the Children of Hurin, which is the first Tolkien book since the Lord of the Rings to be written in the novel format.

But anyway.... that noob above obviously hasn't read the thread... the substantial evidence mounting over Diablo 3 pretty much ends the discussion.

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, next up on the docket would be a Warcraft 4....

Callahan: Why in God's name would they be talking about Diablo II at Blizzcon? Diablo II is ancient history, there's nothing at Blizzcon about Warcraft III, so why the hell would they have Diablo II? It's OBVIOUSLY Diablo 3, because the image highlights recent games, such as the Burning Crusade (Murlocs and Draenei), Starcraft 2 (Marine and such) and that leaves.... Diablo 3.

Level 36
Ummmm..... no.

Callahan, why would they even bother representing the franchise? There's absolutely nothing new in the world of Diablo right now, so why would it be there? There's nothing for them to do, so they'd just have a booth advertising the novels or something like wtf that makes no sense.

Level 7
How could they continue the Diablo storyline!? Seriously, the soulstone got DESTROYED and all the greater evils DIED... IT WON'T HAPPEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.