1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Nest & Egg attachment

Submitted by Jaccouille
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I recently made a Nest model, however I wanted to be able to change the egg color in game, so I thought I could use the egg as an attachment/effect and color it using the RGB modifier native.

The egg uses a WoW icon as a texture.

The nest is empty until you add the egg as an attachment to the origin point.

Second gif shows what I could do with those.
Now I wish my dragon hatchling could spawn at the nest location then fly upward, didn't find a way to simulate this behavior.

Many thanks to General Frank for helping me -> [Solved] Issue with a model

Note : the path to the texture is ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEgg.blp since I used it as an icon, let me know if I have to edit this
Previews
Contents

Nest (Model)

Egg Attachment (Model)

Reviews
loktar
Very creative, works well and seems polished. Only thing I would say is that the nest's Death animation could be actually animated (maybe flatten the nest or have it fly apart?), but that's a matter of opinion. Approved!
  1. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Actually, you have to edit the dragon model so it has a birth animation that could work with the egg.

2. Wlarius

Wlarius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks great. Waiting for the coffin version. :D

3. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's very creative and useful. Many WoW icons are borrowed from Warcraft 3... I haven't seen any attached textures so I assume that's what you meant. Using icon textures for models is nice touch.

4. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When you upload a model that require a "custom" texture, HiveWorkshop ask you to upload the texture alongside the mode, it is linked with the "Egg attachment" resource, as you can see it weight 11.57KB, that's the size of the model + the texture (64x64 icon in this case). When you download the resource, you'll find the texture & the model in the same folder.

Here's where I found the icon used as the egg texture -> File:Inv egg 03.png

5. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah my mistake. Didn't spot that at first sight thought now I see it. I imagine this model used anywhere where dragons are... Warcraft is quite focused on dragons at times.

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These are great; very simple but exactly what is needed for that type of thing. The full set makes this eminently useful.

7. Dark World Storys

Dark World Storys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bro I was just thinking about this and that the wass Noooo Egg for monster RPG's yessss you the best but can you make more eggs for like god best?

8. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very creative, works well and seems polished.
    Only thing I would say is that the nest's Death animation could be actually animated (maybe flatten the nest or have it fly apart?), but that's a matter of opinion.
    Approved!