• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spider Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Spider Nest
I spent some time on making a spider nest terrain :grin:!
Here are some screenies :wink: !

4gkazb.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2jfn7d0.jpg

ic484n.jpg

rtq554.jpg

:grin::wink::grin::wink::grin:

----------------UPDATED-----------------

Last edited:
Level 7
Just a simple and nice idea, it look pretty good, however you could do some things more:

1. Those changes what Oziris said, i agree with them.
2. I dont see rocks nowhere, couple of those wouldn't hurt in my opinion.
3. Try, maybe to tint eggs little bit darker, atm they are too bright colored, so it dosen't fit to the dark theme picture.
4. Add light fog(if you already have, them make it little bit stronger).

Good work never then less.

Level 15
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
As Oziris suggested, it is rather flat. Secondly, I don't really like that grass model for this occasion. Looks like messy pixels to me.
Lastly, adding the Light From Above doodad is a brilliant mean to enhance a terrain. However, I suggest you make the model bigger so you don't see the clear edges.
All in all, I must say you'be done a good job. I love the sewer pipes and you've done a good job with tiles.
Keep it up.

Level 15
As Oziris suggested, it is rather flat. Secondly, I don't really like that grass model for this occasion. Looks like messy pixels to me.
Lastly, adding the Light From Above doodad is a brilliant mean to enhance a terrain. However, I suggest you make the model bigger so you don't see the clear edges.
All in all, I must say you'be done a good job. I love the sewer pipes and you've done a good job with tiles.
Keep it up.

Will update it later, and thanks :p !

Level 23
I really love the atmosphere of the first screenshot, however like it's already mentioned what pops into the eyes is, that the terrain is very flat. Let's say that your choice of doodad is a bit unlucky at some parts as well.
The grass is placed - sry for the harsh word - miserable. You need to work on it to make it look more realistic and less abrupt and artificial.
However working on this is worth it for sure, the atmosphere looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.