• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Negative Evasion and Curse = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i think everyone know that Evasion is abi to dogde att
and Curse reduce accuracy of att

what if the evasion chance is set to negative like -10% , will that unit more 10%chance get hit (stack with another +% evesion)
or with -99999% (really big number) , will that unit always get hit no matter current evasion has

Another case if i curse unit with -99999% miss , will that unit nevermiss att.
Just like with Crit Strike nevermiss but dont have bullshit (override autocast ,ect).

btw , I am trying to create a autocast Searing Arrow that nevermiss , if anyone can help me.

Most of mechanic i already did with Dmg Engine system but i really like the Evasion of Wc3 because of reasons and dont want to recreate that with DE
-sound
-project miss
-highground miss

sorry for bad english

Level 8
From my experience negative values on curse and evasion does not provide an "accuracy" effect that counteracts evasion.

However, if you take a standard Bash ability, give it 100% hit chance (or any "accuracy" you want), 0 second stun, 0 bonus damage and apply the "Never Miss" check, you have a counteracting function to Evasion. This is similar to how Monkey King Bar works in Dota.

EDIT: If you want a Searing Arrow ability to provide accuracy, I'm afraid I don't know how to make that work in any easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.