• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Prevent attack from happening / Triggered Evasion

Level 11
This has been discussed before but most posts I found were pretty old, but I'm wondering if anything new with reforged has happened.

I'm trying to implement my own evasion system, so that some of my heroes can have affects like 'after dodging an attack, gain 100% damage'. As I see it there's two options:
  1. Evasion Ability: Use an evasion ability with 100 levels with each level corresponding to an evasion amount.
    1. Problems: No trigger for detecting this miss.
  2. Damaging Event: Detect the 'Damaging' event and reduce the damage dealt to 0.
    1. Problems: Poison, bash, and other on hit effects still apply.
Is there any way to have detectable evasion that doesn't apply on hit effects?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Well, once you use Damage Events it makes the need to rely on blizzard's On Hit effects unnecessary. You can trigger everything yourself, which may sound like a lot of work but it'd probably only take a couple of hours if you know what you're doing. Plus you get the added benefit of complete control, adding all sorts of interesting mechanics to the game.

Last edited: