• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need your opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
thnx for DocDude for PvP idea!! i used it!

i work on my own project map, the battlefield: recapture the castle. I need your opinion about my map idea..

the fel orc, forsaken undead, and the corrupted creeps, make the united of horde to strike human and night elf. after long wars, they're capture the last human castle, foulbreadon castle, and the village near it, griff village.
The human escape to the woods, and make a secret base.

The player choose 2 sides, Human Survivor or the united of horde.. if human, player (3 max for human) play as a selected hero (list show below), control a few warrior to fight in your side. the player is human, allied, and join to invade the castle. the player play to help invading the village, regaining the power by help goblin and gnoll, to get an allied, and recapture the castle and knock back the united of horde.
if choose united of horde(UoH), player(3 max for UoH, one for each faction) play as a selected hero(list below). the objective is only 2, destroy crystal of pylons, a the center of human secret base, to destroy human special defenses, and kill human heroes as much as possible to lead horde to victory!

there are 4 type hero:
Front soldier:
- swordman (avarage at agility and strength)
- broadsword(great at strengh and speed, low defend)
- defender (great a defend and speed )
- axehammer (good warrior with avarage intelligance)
- Gladiator (great at strength and defend, but slow)
Ranger:
- Archer (great agile)
- sniper (super range, near invisible skill, but very weak)
- Rifleman (ranger, stunner)
- Windrunner (speed is like a wind!)
- valkyrie scout (great spell for a ranger)
Mage:
- Pyromancer (fire spell, damae dealer)
- Frost Channeler (frost and water spell, freezing)
- Time Manipulator (stop enemy, attcking faster)
- Nature Protector (decreasing speed, heal)
- Summoner (summoning spell)
Other:
- Assassin
- Artillerist
- Alchemist
- Valkyrie Warrior
- Shadow walker

there are only 3 heroes, one for each faction:

The fel orc:
-Wolfrider(strength hero)
The Forsaken:
-Necro Corruptor(intelligance hero)
The corrupted creeps
-Ancient Dungeonlocker (agility hero)

working still on terrain.. see the screenshot
please comment..

Attachments

• screenshot1.JPG
    screenshot1.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 7
sounds like a pretty nice idea. if you throw in a nice unit recruiting system (like going around a gnoll village and paying groups of dudes to join you) and some more unique stuff it will be good.

a thing you should consider: becouse its PVE people will finish this map once and will not play it ever agien, if you can some how turn in into a PVP it will be awesome.

Level 14
You can rename the following:
Frost Channeler to - Frigidity Channeler.
Artillery Shooter to - Artillerist (Yes, It is a word :p)
Swordsman to - Combatant, Mauler, Fencer, Battler. (Just giving you options =P)
Time manipulator to - Chronophobia Manipulator

Also about the idea... I think its very original. Good luck in your map :p

Level 6
sounds like a pretty nice idea. if you throw in a nice unit recruiting system (like going around a gnoll village and paying groups of dudes to join you) and some more unique stuff it will be good.

a thing you should consider: becouse its PVE people will finish this map once and will not play it ever agien, if you can some how turn in into a PVP it will be awesome.

i will make a recruitment system after attacking griff village. and PVP? i think so, but i've no idea how to make it to be PVP map. But i think i will do it..

Level 7
you can do a game where there are two teams of players: one defenders that protect the castle and attackers that need to capture it before the time is up.

there are servel villiges of diffrent races in the map and each has a control point (the castle also has one). once you control a village you can recruit units from there is a cool way.

the diffrent teams should have advanteges and disadventeges that will keep the attackers attacking and the defenders defending.

(this gives me an idea for a mod for my map once it will be finished :p)

Level 6
you can do a game where there are two teams of players: one defenders that protect the castle and attackers that need to capture it before the time is up.

there are servel villiges of diffrent races in the map and each has a control point (the castle also has one). once you control a village you can recruit units from there is a cool way.

the diffrent teams should have advanteges and disadventeges that will keep the attackers attacking and the defenders defending.

(this gives me an idea for a mod for my map once it will be finished :p)

the balancing is the problem. in the story, the human's secret base is 5x smaller than he castle. it's secret base, hidden in the forest. but i'll try..

Level 6
sounds good, btw i think you should replace the fire wizard with pyromancer (sounds more cool :p)

i like your idea..

You can rename the following:
Frost Channeler to - Frigidity Channeler.
Artillery Shooter to - Artillerist (Yes, It is a word :p)
Swordsman to - Combatant, Mauler, Fencer, Battler. (Just giving you options =P)
Time manipulator to - Chronophobia Manipulator

Also about the idea... I think its very original. Good luck in your map :p

artillerist.. good! .... chronophobia??? ...

Level 6
Sounds very ambitious if it's just you making it. May is suggest that you get somebody to help you make all those spells and also, no offense intended but your English isn't very good either so you might want somebody to help you with that (I can help if you want).

Level 7
i read you new map idea and i saw something very disturbing:
"if choose united of horde(UoH), player(3 max for UoH, one for each faction) play as a selected hero(list below) but start the game 10 minutes later"

10 minutes later? what the players are going to do for 10 minutes, thats a lot of time!
you can't start a game for the players and then have them wait 10 minutes for it, it will kill the game.

you're aiming at letting the attackers to get stronger, but you can do it in some other way..

what about just having less defenders? making them start at a lower level? give the attackers more units at start? make the defenders worry about building defences at start? think about something, but the 10 minutes thing is just absored.

Level 7
try to think as a player. how much would you wait to play a map you dont know (or even a map you know)? letting people wait is never a good idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.