• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making an RPG that is in need of certain triggers that i can not figure out.
1. I can not figure out how to make a monster/creep respawn trigger.
2. Also can not figure out to make items class specific, need something to help me with this.

Will give rep to anyone that can support me :xxd:

Level 9
The first one is easy you just have to tell me how you want it set up and the second one is easy also you have to describe what you mean though, like weapons are permanent, helmets are charged etc.

Edit: I attached a RPG item class trigger, you can edit it to fit your map ;)

Attachments

• RPG Item Classes.png
    RPG Item Classes.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 12
Monster/creep respawn: You simply need a trigger that fires when the unit dies and places a new one after a certain amount of time.
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Wait 60.00 seconds
    • Set point = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering Unit)) at point facing (Random Angle)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
Item-class type: Its possible to solve it the way SpEtNeZz said, but if all the items' names begin with "Cleric - ..." or "Barbarian - ..." you can detect that with the substring tool:
  • Item Categorization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Pay attention, this condition is complicated...
          • (Substring((Name of (Item being manipulated)), 1, (Length of (Name of (Triggering unit))))) Equal to (Name of (Triggering unit))
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set point = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
          • Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to drop (Item Being Manipulated) at point
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)

Status
Not open for further replies.