• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, I need help with a trigger I am making. It is probably a simply trigger, but I am not very good with triggers. Anyways, I want it where when Light Blue captures Wyrmrest Temple, a message appears saying: "The Lich King has conquered the Wyrmrest Temple! He can now train new, horrific versions of undead dragons." This is what I have so far:

• Wyrmrest Temple
    • Events
      • Unit - Wyrmrest Temple 0749 <gen> Changes owner
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: The Lich King has c...
      • Trigger - Turn off Wyrmrest Temple <gen>
I cannot figure out the Condition. I want it something like..... "owner equal to Light Blue", but I cannot figure it out. Thanks!

Level 13
I think this will do it.
  • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) controller) Equal to (Player 10 (Light Blue) controller)

Well I don't think so :/

1. When is the trigger supposed to run?
- When the unit is destroyed
- When blue comes near?
- When the unit changes owner by "charm"?

--> You will have to edit the event.

2. The condition depends on the event.
- Event=Unit dies - "owner of dying unit equal to (player 10 (light blue))"
- Event=Unit comes near - "owner of ... unit equal to (player 10 (light blue))"

Basicly you can try "owner of triggering unit equal to"

Level 11
yes, I do have a trigger that involves the "wyrmrest temple" to change player control. i think i may do what el suave said and just tack the message on at the end of it. i didnt want to do it that way, but i suppose that is the way it has to be

Level 4
I can't really figure out why the trigger wouldn't work, unless its clashing with some other trigger.

The only alternative I can think of:
-Have the new trigger intially off
-Add an action at the end of the previous trigger that runs this disabled trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.