• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Trigger Respawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I understand there have been other threads about this. However they werent able to help me.

I am looking for a trigger respawn similar to that of DBZ respawn. Basically, a RPG formatted trigger. If you wish for me to quote you I shall, that is not an issue. I am honored for any help I get. Thank You for helping.

Trigger

* I want it so every 65 seconds 5 units(Spawn) is created, but then before the new spawn is created, the old units die. Now I had this trigger working, I figured it out, but map got deleted and I forgot how I did it :p

* I want a norm Respawn Trigger for an RPG Map. With instructions if Possible, I wont be beggy if not. Beggers cant be Choosers :p

Thanks again

Level 11
Hmm.. i didn't really understend..
u want the respawn to do this:
Every 65 seconds create 5 units at all points you tell..
and before each spawn, old units die.. (If there are 4 units in the point, kill them, and create the new 5)?

and second..
I didnt get it..
repsawn for heroes, or units? if heroes..its really easy.

tell me if im right, and ill make you both in 10-15 minutes..
editable too.

Level 2
Hmm.. i didn't really understend..
u want the respawn to do this:
Every 65 seconds create 5 units at all points you tell..
and before each spawn, old units die.. (If there are 4 units in the point, kill them, and create the new 5)?

and second..
I didnt get it..
repsawn for heroes, or units? if heroes..its really easy.

tell me if im right, and ill make you both in 10-15 minutes..
editable too.

Ok so its units. Basically the first issue. I want kinda like a wave idea. However before the new wave starts old wave units die. That way it isnt over crowding. You get what I am asking for now kinda???

Thanks you are a really good person for helping.

Level 17
  • Unit Pick
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters <Wanted Region>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to <wanted unit type>
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in <Wanted Region>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Unit Respawn <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Dies)
  • Unit Respawn
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units of type (Unit-type of (Picked unit)))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) for Player 1 (Red) at (Random point in <Wanted region>) facing Default building facing degrees
for this to work you need to have created 5 units randomly or just normally in a region and use that region throughout the trigger

Edit: if this doesnt work tell me and ill fix it, i just made this and i didnt test it so it might bug.

Level 2
  • Unit Pick
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters <Wanted Region>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to <wanted unit type>
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in <Wanted Region>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Unit Respawn <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Dies)
  • Unit Respawn
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in (Units of type (Unit-type of (Picked unit)))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) for Player 1 (Red) at (Random point in <Wanted region>) facing Default building facing degrees
for this to work you need to have created 5 units randomly or just normally in a region and use that region throughout the trigger

Edit: if this doesnt work tell me and ill fix it, i just made this and i didnt test it so it might bug.

I actually like that, I will use it for a different aspect. Thank you, would I have to make a variable as real??

Second what is a good respawn for a rpg map like DBZ???

@InfinateAnswers, when you add an event to a trigger, the unit will be referred as Triggering unit, not Picked unit. So, it should be "..Create 5 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit))" and "Unit-type of (Triggering unit)))) Equal to 0".

By the way, I'd use a simple respawn trigger, like this:
  • Spawn
  • Events
    • Time - Every 65.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Center of (Region 000 <gen>))
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Hostile at Point1 facing default building degrees
        • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to TempGroup
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Tre
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from TempGroup
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Number of units in TempGroup) Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn on Trigger <gen>
      • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.