• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Spell Ideas] for an upcoming PvP-RPG-Hero Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
[Need Class Ideas] for an upcoming PvP-RPG-Hero Arena

Map Name: Undecided
Map Type: Hero Arena/RPG
General Map Information

Map Systems Used:

[Deep_Blades Item System] by Deep_Blades
[Neostorms Password Save] by Neostorms
[System Recipe 1.3b] by Dark_Dragon
More to come Soon.
Terrain
I will try to do the Terrain all by myself (Unless someone would want to help)
The Map Plan for now is here. I know the image looks bad and I could have done better, but quality is not the main concern for now but Area Positions.
worldm.jpg
In-depth Map Information
Goal of the Map:
->To have minimize file size as much as possible for the two main maps. (Which are the PvP Map and the Level Up! Map)
->To have a PvP (Player vs Player) Map where items are gathered through special points only earned after every game.
->To have PvE (Player vs Environment) Maps where items in here are gathered to.
->To have simple, not-to-complicated, map systems.
->To be one of those RPGs that will require team work.
->To avoid mindless grinding.
->To have a common Warcraft player know how to play it with out "too much instructions".
Features planned to be Implemented:
->Map Loading Transfer - To be able to load your Hero on different maps.
->A Cash/Point System only earned through Winning a PvP Arena or Finishing an End-game Boss. These Points are used to get powerful items and can only be gained collectively per game.
->A Card System - that will be similar to Ragnarok Online. Every monster will have their "Card" so for example, a monster; Angry Sheep, has a 1% chance to drop an "Angry Sheep Card". Being a card itself, it use worthless. But with a Short Sword, the card, and a "Card Compounder" item, you are able to add various effects to the Short Sword. Boss Cards will also be implemented.
->Equipments with Attachments - Onlly the Weapons and Shields will be shown, and possible Back Armor (Which are Capes, Back Packs, and Wings)
->Scripted Boss Dungeons - There will be dungeons. And my plan is to have atleast two dungeons before the map releases officially.
Current Status:
Planning Stage. The actual map has not been started, though, A list of items, monsters, spells, classes, and all other databases are already being done on a Word Profile. :wink:
For now, I want any Idea or Suggestion for the [Unoccupied] spots.

Class Trees
tree1y.png
tree2.png
tree3.png
Any idea, suggestion, or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

This first post will be constantly updated and if ever the map is already being made, and hopefully finished, Credits WILL be given as long as it is information provided is deserving.

Last edited:
Level 15
Warrior -Massacre (melee AoE skills + some skills like Hamstring or Cripple + some bleeds; all in all, its AoE + kiting/bleeding tree)

Berserker - Blood - skills mainly focused on causing heavy damage via short but strong dots
Fury - different buff shouts, more of party utility
Rage - low dmg, but enormous attack speed + crit chance (some nice dmg*5 crits perhaps)

Paladin - Guardian - defensive build, consisting of various shields the paladin can give to the party. think of Disc Priest in WoW

Rogue - Shadow Mastery - various dark spells, like D2: LoD Assassin

Hunter - Wild Mastery - if your Beast Mastery focuses on enhancing one particular 'pet', then this skill tree focuses on summoning lots of weaker animals and vice versa

Mage - Necromancy seems there wasnt one in ur list =)) if Pyromancy is direct damage and Aquamancy is CC/slows, then Necromancy would be zerging enemies with lots of weak zombies and skellies

Priest - Pagan Cults "Voodoo be comin', mon" =)) or you can take scandinavian/celtic/slavonic mythos as baseline. or maybe ancient egypt? =))

Druid (in the older meaning - like pagan priest) - Rune Magic - you summon - 'write' several Runes, use speacial skill (Activate Runes, or such) and voila - here's ur spell effect.
Ritual Songs - channeled aoe spells of different effects
no idea yet

Artisan (dont know if there gonna be trade skillz in ur project) - Weaponsmithing - in additiona to making permanent items, can make very powerful temporary ones
Armorsmithing - see above =))
Alchemy - nothing improves the mood, as a timely drunk healing pot!

sorry for no too original ideas, i'm sleepy too =))

Level 5
-Massacre (melee AoE skills + some skills like Hamstring or Cripple + some bleeds; all in all, its AoE + kiting/bleeding tree)[A Damage over time tree??? Ill have to think about it. :wink:]

Berserker -
Blood - skills mainly focused on causing heavy damage via short but strong dots
Fury - different buff shouts, more of party utility
Rage - low dmg, but enormous attack speed + crit chance (some nice dmg*5 crits perhaps) [All Approved. Though, I don't get how you came up with all it's three Spell Trees. Thanks a bunch]

Paladin - Guardian - defensive build, consisting of various shields the paladin can give to the party. think of Disc Priest in WoW [There is already Protection for Pally]:gg:

Rogue - Shadow Mastery - various dark spells, like D2: LoD Assassin [Hmmm... But what are it's goodies?]

Hunter - Wild Mastery - if your Beast Mastery focuses on enhancing one particular 'pet', then this skill tree focuses on summoning lots of weaker animals and vice versa [This just gave me an Idea. Trap Mastery!!!! :)]

Mage - Necromancy [Problem with this is that Mages can't have Dark Spell Properties.]

Priest - Pagan Cults [Maybe Shamanism? Which is more on AoE Support and Back-up Damage!] :grin:

Druid (in the older meaning - like pagan priest) - Rune Magic - you summon - 'write' several Runes, use speacial skill (Activate Runes, or such) and voila - here's ur spell effect.
Ritual Songs - channeled aoe spells of different effects
no idea yet [I can't use this... Sorry]

Artisan [Approved Greatly! But They should be in the Agility section!] - Weaponsmithing -[I am not sure about Weaponsmithing as I find it abusable or sometimes, useless.]
Armorsmithing -[I should replace this with the main Trading spell, probably Trade Mastery? or something?]
Alchemy - [Approved]

sorry for no too original ideas, i'm sleepy too =))

Level 15
[There is already Protection for Pally]
protection is paladin tanking himself. guardian is paladin not taking all that damage, but tossing shields at party members

[Hmmm... But what are it's goodies?]
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin i'm out of ideas a bit

[This just gave me an Idea. Trap Mastery!!!! :)]
...and call it... Survival =PPP

[Problem with this is that Mages can't have Dark Spell Properties.]
then Conjuration - a lot of different summons. golems, for example. Maybe a s Druid in D2 - passive summons with strong auras. they can have some auto-defense skills. will be interesting in PvP - its like moving shammy totems

Level 5
protection is paladin tanking himself. guardian is paladin not taking all that damage, but tossing shields at party members
The only spell I can think of this Class Tree can have

Ok. Ill name it Shadow Discipline :)
Contains Hiding stuff and Steal Spells??? Sure :) But lol, just to inform you, I am not near from finish. These are still the categories and they don't even have Spells yet. Lolz...

...and call it... Survival =PPP
If I called it survival, then It'd be too WoW Based :grin:
Which is why I can't have Arcane Tree on the Mage :p

then Conjuration - a lot of different summons. golems, for example. Maybe a s Druid in D2 - passive summons with strong auras. they can have some auto-defense skills. will be interesting in PvP - its like moving shammy totems
Well, I already placed the Druidism/Shamanism spells on the Priest Class Tree. I updated the first post ^_^

Level 15
If I called it survival, then It'd be too WoW Based
tree name isnt so defining as the spells are... its still gonna be ol' good Survival just in a differnt wrapping paper =P

Level 15
WARRIOR
Wardancer - AoE (Bladestorms etc), using axes and maces, also multiple target hitting.

PALADIN
Blood Knight - Buffer and damage dealer, buffs like Bloodlust etc, with health based spells, such as "Deals 20 damage but drains 5% of total hp"

MAGE
Storm Mastery - AoE focused, lots of CC and lightning-from-above-spells.

That is what I got so far. :thumbs_up:
I you manage to pull this off then great, but please don't make another bad RPG, we already have too many. Make something unique worth playing:grin:

Level 5
WARRIOR
Wardancer - AoE (Bladestorms etc), using axes and maces, also multiple target hitting.
Wardancer. I like the AoE plan but Any other name for Wardancer? Dancer sounds... gay :wink:

PALADIN
Blood Knight - Buffer and damage dealer, buffs like Bloodlust etc, with health based spells, such as "Deals 20 damage but drains 5% of total hp"
Ill think about this. So far, I have no other Idea what this 3rd Tree for the paladin should be.

MAGE
Storm Mastery - AoE focused, lots of CC and lightning-from-above-spells.
Ok Lightning it is. :)

That is what I got so far. :thumbs_up:
I you manage to pull this off then great, but please don't make another bad RPG, we already have too many. Make something unique worth playing:grin:
Yes I know what you mean >.<
Ill try to make this as much as possible, a Non-grinding RPG. Well, yea, you do grind, but once you reach level 15, you don't actually kill mobs anymore. Everything else from level 15 will be Bosses or PvP.
I will try to re-create Ragos ORPG (One RPG I can Never Forget)

Level 4
Warrior's Crusader tree: Inquisition Mastery
A dps mastery, using stuns and a lot of high damage instant attacks with long cooldowns and high mana costs. Used for finishing bosses etc.

Warrior Knight Tree: Support Mastery (Bad name :p)
Uses a lot of auras and buffs to enhance mélee Heroes. (+armor, damage and maybe even a crit chance auras)

Mage Tree: Spirit Summoning/Elemental Summoning (Because just "Summoning" is too used).

Spirit Summoning Tree
Focuses on summoning spirits (Duh) which cannot be attacked.

Bane Spirit Mastery
Damage & negative buffs causing spirits, that have things like -armor and -hp regen.

Light Spirit Mastery
Give Buffs to allies increasing armor attack and hp regen style stuff :p

Nature Spirit Mastery
Not Excactly damaging or dps, but some stuns and slows to help bring the bosses down.

Elemental Summoning Tree (alternate for the Spirit Summoning Tree ;P)
These would be slightly stronger than the spirits, but they would be attackable.

Water Summoning Mastery
Summons Water based elementals (Duh again), like Ice that has a lot of slow stuff etc. and steam (maybe a damaging aura to nearby enemies, but otherwise weak).

Fire Summoning Mastery
Summons Fire based elementals (Duh:DD). These would be used for high dps striking, with active abilities + a lot of damage.

Storm Summoning Mastery
Summons Lightning based elementals (and no I'm not gonna put Duh here again, duh). These would use a lot of stuns to keep the enemies in check while others are damaging them.

Status
Not open for further replies.