• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for pve content in pvp map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esa

Esa

Level 4
Hi forum!

I am currently creating a map that is very similar to DotA. The concept is the same, except that I am planning to make PvE more central than it is in dota.

- You still have the 3 lanes, west, center and east, with mobs spawning regularly moving to each base. Then you have forests and other various landscape variations with several stores, villages, monster hideouts and more scattered throughout the land.
- The goal is the same, beat the other villages "throne", before they take out yours.
- You get to level 25 after 35 minutes of normal play, maybe 18+ minutes of ganking if the opponents feed like hell.

My first pve idea;

I have implemented a 60-minute "berserk" timer for the map, meaning that if both teams still are alive after 60 minutes, they get two very, VERY tough monsters that spawn (Dark Reavers), and slowly move towards each teams base. IF the teams manage to bring these down, they will be awarded with 8000 gold to each player (think dota economy, it's roughly the same here.) and 10 more minutes of regular gameplay before there spawns a new set of monsters. Important to notice, is that while these Dark Reavers exist, neither force will spawn any more units.
When those 10 minutes have passed, there will spawn 1 Dark Reaver per hero on the map, and these Reavers will fixate on 1 hero only, and ignore everything else. If the hero they are focusing on is killed by the Reaver, they will be unable to respawn again in the game, and the Reaver that killed them will get a 1000% damage bonus, move at max speed (522), attack 500% faster, and their goal will now be the base of the respective hero that was slain. Regeneration for said Reaver will also be 25% of maximum health per 2 seconds. They have a set of hero skills, making them quite unpredictable in close quarters.
This event is meant as a hard-berserk that effectively ends the match by killing both teams. It is supposed to be possible to manage to survive this, but extensive teamwork cross-forces will be required, as no hero can focus on their own Reaver for very long and must keep moving. The success rate of trying to survive this I can imagine will be like 5-15%.

These Dark Reavers are level 25 units that move at 290 movement speed the first round, and 5% slower than the hero they fixate on in the next. They can be affected by any hero ability in the game.

Health: 135,000 the first time they spawn, and 17,200 the next.
Armor: 33 = 66% damage reduction.
Damage: 435-470 the first round, 239-265 the next. 1.8 seconds between attacks.
Skills: Not planned yet, but they should be able to counter severe movement slowing and stuns.

My meaning with this post? I want feedback on the 60-minute Reaver idea, and I want ideas for other things that might occur. If they occur before 40 minutes has passed, they must not take the focus away from the PvP objective that is to destroy the other teams base.

Last edited:

Esa

Esa

Level 4
No, they do not. Do you think they should? That'd for sure add more chaos.

Esa

Esa

Level 4
These Reavers make 4v1 a fair fight. 1v1 vs the hero they follow, would make the hero get them to 65% at best, with all cooldowns popped. There are a few heroes that will be able to solo them, but they will be weak in other ways that doesn't make this feat too strong.

Level 28
So two or three heroes ganging up on one Reaver while the other two Reavers concentrate on their own targets would make victory possible?

Also, an idea: have a little counter that tells each hero how far away his personal reaver is, going from green to yellow to red lettering as it approaches.

Reactions: Esa

Esa

Esa

Level 4
Yes, that is true. :) Three should be able to take 1 down at a decent pace, but these three heroes will also be chased by 1 reaver each. It'd take time, as they would occasionally have to flee themselves.

That counter wasn't a bad idea, will try to implement it.

Esa

Esa

Level 4
That is after it has killed a Hero. It is meant to be a guarantee to lose , if one Hero dies. Before one Hero is dead, it is very much weaker than that.

Well, you're able to buy 1x level 2 unit and 1x level 3 unit every 3rd minute of the game. They only last 6 minutes though, so you can not stack them.

Esa

Esa

Level 4
But all players cannot protect that hero, as all players are being chased themselves. And this is supposed to be very, very challenging. You're not supposed to make it unless everyone is really dedicated to making it. I think it is possible the way it is now, but it will take a while. (10-13 minutes is intended.)

If you've played wow, you can imagine this as a raid boss =P

But do you think the normal stats (17200 hp, no regen, 1.8 sec attack speed, 239-265 damage, 5% slower than the hero they follow) are too overpowered? Let me remind you that a level 25 hero in dota often has 2-4k hp and hits for everything between 100-400. Truth be told, any hero with a life steal should be able to solo that at level 25. Might even have to buff their damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.